The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

I don't even care if they are complete with unreleased material, I just want them re-released so I don't have to pay $100 for Temple Of Doom! Although the unreleased music would be nice. :(

I got it for $25 on eBay. WHat a great day that was... <_<

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very dissapointed if they only re-release the ToD album.It's one of the most incomplete Williams OST's,about on par with the original RotJ

Re-releasing only 1 score from the trilogy wouldn't make sense. It's all or none.

I agree, but I think KM was refering to just re-releasing it as opposed to re-releasing it with new music.

Going back to that theft during production couple weeks ago made me got thinking. I mean if this the first time it happen for any movie production for someone to stupid enough to attempt to steal things from the director's office, doesn't that shows how good the movie is going to turn out to be?

Going back to that theft during production couple weeks ago made me got thinking. I mean if this the first time it happen for any movie production for someone to stupid enough to attempt to steal things from the director's office, doesn't that shows how good the movie is going to turn out to be?

I doubt it was the first time such a thing's happened. Movie details are leaked all the time. Doesn't mean it's great either - it is Indiana Jones, people want to know about the new movie and some would pay to find out the "secrets".

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here it is:

http://spielbergfilms.com/indy4/1542

'Crystal Skull' wraps in Fresno today

It's sometimes hard to believe that Steven Spielberg, cast and crew have spent the last four months shooting a brand new "Indiana Jones" adventure. Certainly most fans, giddy with the idea of the release of the first Indy film in 19 years, have pondered this thought since production commenced last June often.

Steven Spielberg is filming a new "Indiana Jones" movie.

It almost sounds unreal to the mind and to the ear, especially for those who have been waiting patiently — and sometimes impatiently — for the on again, off again, will they, won't they production to become a reality over the last decade.

And despite all of the excitement we've had watching from the sidelines since June, the filmmaking adventure will come to an end as Spielberg will call action and wrap for the last day ever when the cast and crew finish up production on "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in Fresno, California. Congratulations to Mr. Spielberg and the hundreds of artists, craftspeople and support staff that have worked hard to bring fans a brand new Indy adventure after so many years. May 22, 2008 can't come soon enough!

A brief, final word of spoiler warning during this production cycle: there are confirmed reports to be found online that hint at the locale and perhaps a bit of the action that will be taking place in Fresno. If you're staying pure on spoilers, tread carefully around the usual spoiler suspects today to avoid getting more info than you may want.

I am SOOOOO excited for Indy 4! Can't wait for May 22!

See, you have that gut feeling too that it may not happen. I need some serious convincing!

They WILL release it, I'm positive of it. It's just a matter of time. Think about it: Over the years, they released the original Star Wars Trilogy, Superman, Jaws, E.T., the original Raiders (although it's OOP again!), and even The Witches of Eastwick! In other words, almost every successful JW score from the 70s and 80s were rereleased!

The only thing missing is the Indiana Jones trilogy (not counting the forthcoming movie). My guess is they WILL release it next year, but not at the same time as the Indy 4 OS will be released, but some time before or after that.

I'm pretty sure of it. :)

E.T., Raiders and Witches of Eastwick still haven't been released completely.

The re-issue of Witches wasn't even expanded.

What are you talking about? E.T. and Raiders HAVE been released completely. If two minutes of music is missing, big whoop! I would still consider them complete!

:)

The 1995 Raiders expanded release is missing at least 15 minutes of material (plus alternates and outtakes, if you want).

E.T. is missing less than 10 minutes. What is annoying is that they botched the correct film versions of cues like "Losing E.T." and "Saying Goodbye" in both 1996 and 2002 expanded releases (plus, remastered versions of the concert arrangements tracks like "E.T. and Me", "Over the Moon" and "Flying" are still missing).

In both cases, we have almost the complete scores, so it isn't really a tragedy, but I really hope both scores will receive an archival, definitive release sooner or later.

The 1995 Raiders expanded release is missing at least 15 minutes of material (plus alternates and outtakes, if you want).

E.T. is missing less than 10 minutes. What is annoying is that they botched the correct film versions of cues like "Losing E.T." and "Saying Goodbye" in both 1996 and 2002 expanded releases (plus, remastered versions of the concert arrangements tracks like "E.T. and Me", "Over the Moon" and "Flying" are still missing).

In both cases, we have almost the complete scores, so it isn't really a tragedy, but I really hope both scores will receive an archival, definitive release sooner or later.

I think that's carrying things too far. These editions should be considered complete releases. :)

Yeah, whatever . . .

Anyway, I'd be completely satisfied with expanded Indiana Jones scores. Never mind complete . . .!

I agree. I really only care about a couple cues. If the CR had five minutes of music left out, I wouldn't notice nor care, unless it was one of the cues I really wanted.

Yes, I will be happy without those. I'll be even more happy and ecstatic if there is extra music, although I don't expect anything short of a few different variations if a release is to be made. Liner notes are inevitable, every Williams score has them.

Well I don't own them originally. I have The Last Crusade and some rip-off version of Raiders Of The Lost Ark I got off of eBay, and I got Temple Of Doom through trading. So I would definitely buy them to contribute my money for the good of John Williams.

I'm starting to think you two are the same person.

Why so? I feel indy4 and I share more of the same opinions and perspectives than most people around here, which is why I think you say we are the same.

Yes, and we both respect the other person's opinions when they differ. For instance, respect koray's respect for Giacchino, and he resepects mine towards LOTR scores. In a MB where you can be slaughtered for expressing your opinion, this is a good quality.

This is old, but there is a PC game called The Movies. You build and run you're own movie studio, make movies, write your own scripts if you like, basically everything that is done in real life.

The score was included on the Premiere Edition of the game, and is composed by Daniel Pemberton. The only other work of his I know is Prehistoric Park, available on iTunes.

I'm a big fan of this score. He surprisingly mimics real-life famous composers very well. The obvious ones are John Williams and Ennio Morricone, with Hans Zimmer and Danny Elfman, and possibly some James Horner although I'm too familiar with him to know for sure.

His track entitled "The Big Adventure" is obviously an Indiana Jones parody from the first second, but I'm surprised as to how well he "copied" this score. IMO, it's good enough to be a new variation of the theme for The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

If anyone's interested I can send you the track or the whole score if you like, so you can experience what may be the new Indy theme.

Liner notes are inevitable, every Williams score has them.

The Lost World doesn't have any.

- Marc, who would be severely annoyed by a simple re-issue.

nor Home Alone, Sabrina, Hook, Empire of the Sun, or E.T. OST.

Hook did indeed, as does E.T. (I'm 99% sure). The Oliver Stone ones don't, nor does Sleepers. I don't recall if Memoirs or The Patriot had notes...Far and Away has some rather odd ones, by the film's writer.

No matter what, the best liner note is still Angela's Ashes.

I know The Patriot doesn't, and I don't think Memoirs does. I think it says something for the director when he cares enough to write something for the liner notes.

Ray Barnsbury

Which is?

Something about the director shyingly asking williams to do the score, and Williams agreeing and the director is exultantly honored by it.

Hook has them, and I thought E.T. did too (something about JW causing the tear forming in your eye to drip?).

Ray Barnsbury

You're right for Hook, but I was referring to the E.T. OST, not the 20th anniversary edition.

Which is?

Something like:

"If I sound to gushing, I make no apologies. This man is a genius"

Considering the brilliance of this score, I would even call that an understatement.

Techincally,Williams should have written quite a bit of music for Indy 4 by now...K.M.

We're at the home stretch! He only needs to live for about one more month.