The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, love his little comment about George Lucas.

Me too :) Wonder if he was actually allowed to say something like that... :ola:

Cool interview, btw. Spoiler:

It's almost like Hurt confirms his role being that of Abner Ravenwood. Indy and Marion will probably go looking for Marion's father who was thought to be dead but actually is stuck in the Kingdom of the crystal skull.

More info on the Indy IV Lego sets has come out (no spoilers at this link): http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_me...dise.php?id=414

In my opinion they're not very spoilerish. Not what I would call plot spoilers anyway. Just more detail on some of the action scenes we all expect. One is basically a Lego-ized version of the teaser poster setting.

They are putting these stands in cinemas here:

(the photo is taken from www.indianajones.es. But i saw it also at one my local cinemas)

kinepolis-diciembre8.jpg

Man i serioulsy though of grabbing the hat and whip and running out of there. There are cooler than the ones i own :mellow:

Man i serioulsy though of grabbing the hat and whip and running out of there. There are cooler than the ones i own :lol:

Someone else probably did by now.but they might be secured to the box in some way,so the only way to get it is rip it apart

So how about that Indy 4 score, ey?

Must be just over a month from being recorded, now. 4 months to write a score is quite a luxury for JW, I wonder if he's seized the opportunity.

Man i serioulsy though of grabbing the hat and whip and running out of there. There are cooler than the ones i own :lol:

Someone else probably did by now.but they might be secured to the box in some way,so the only way to get it is rip it apart

The box appeared in our cinema as well (in The Netherlands)...but without the hat and the whip

Man i serioulsy though of grabbing the hat and whip and running out of there. There are cooler than the ones i own :)

The box appeared in our cinema as well (in The Netherlands)...but without the hat and the whip

It seems some staff at the cinema was quick :lol:

"Indy's a fallible character. He makes mistakes and gets hurt. He has a few more aches and pains now," Marshall says. "That's the other thing people like: He's a real character, not a character with superpowers."

Sweet fancy moses, not more so-called humanisation of beloved characters!

In what way? I don't think that was really greed, not like it was for Elsa.

In TOD and Raiders Indy has a bit of a seedy history.

With Raiders we learn he seduced the much younger daughter of his mentor.

TOD shows us an Indy dealing with Chinese Mafia, and he has something of a reputation of a graverobber.

In what way? I don't think that was really greed, not like it was for Elsa.

:happybday: After elsa falls, indy tries to get the grial, with the peril of having the same fate as elsa. That is the 'fortune and glory' indy, but fortunately his father saves him.

Hey did anyone else notice that the LSO won't be recording the score? Does anyone have a problem with that or is the Hollywood studio orchestra just as good? Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

I'm sure the Hollywood Studio Orchestra will do a good job with the score. If I am not mistaken I think there are a lot of scores that were recorded by the Hollywood Studio Orchestra...

Hey did anyone else notice that the LSO won't be recording the score? Does anyone have a problem with that or is the Hollywood studio orchestra just as good? Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

In my experiences listening to scores (which is not nearly as extensive as others here) the choice of orchestra is usually not as important. The music matters, as does the conducting and the mixing. A professional orchestra is a profesisonal orchestra. Just cause the LSO is the most prestigious orchestra doesn't mean it's the only one.

Besides, if they're good enough for Spielberg and Williams, who am I to complain?

I tend to worry more about the conductor than the orchestra. A good conductor can make a terrible orchestra sound world-class. A bad conductor could make the LSO sound like a mediocre high school orchestra. (Well...perhaps not that extreme.)

Yes, it's been discussed already, many times in fact.

Raiders was the only IJ film to use the LSO. the other two films used the Hollywood studio orchestra.

Most American made films use the Hollywood musicians so it's no big deal.

wow,no teaser?

that is not a good sign if they can't find a few shots that will make you want to see the film

maybe they dont want to spoil anything this soon...

There have been bvery few offical photos, and the unoficial ones have been quickly prosecuted...

And possibly they maybe waiting for Williams to score the trailer...