The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These aren't spoilers.

That would be the same as considering the title of the movie to be a spoiler. I would suggest residing on the island Wakauti the coming months if these things freak you out.

And you guys aren't going to see the trailer when it comes out I guess. I mean, yeah - it's going to be full of spoilers.

Considering past Indy villains have always been cut from the same evil but somewhat cartoony vein, Blanchett's look isn't all that surprising. Her haircut does look rather odd, though. The warehouse is a little telling, but it's nothing we haven't heard before.

That comic book cover is pretty darn good.

The warehouse is a little telling, but it's nothing we haven't heard before.

THANK YOU!

And it's not so telling when you think about it. Who REALLY knows why it's in KOTCS?

The warehouse is a little telling, but it's nothing we haven't heard before.

THANK YOU!

And it's not so telling when you think about it. Who REALLY knows why it's in KOTCS?

Well it was one of the rumours people did not wanted to be real...

Anyway Abner Ravenwood->Ark->Wharehouse->Abner Ravenwood returns->Warehouse->Retrieving the ark?

They could always be looking for the crystal skull in the wharehouse..

Hmm...LaBeauf has a sword in that cover, and Blanchett is wearing a sword...It looks like we'll be getting a full out duel! Cool stuff. That's a classic element of adventure films that hasn't really been used to its fullest in the series.

No spoilers? That looks like the galldamned warehouse at the end of Raiders!

The background image at IndianaJones.com is about as spoilerish as that photo.

Interesting article, though really nothing we haven't heard already. I still feel that crossing Indy into a sci-fi/alien world is not true to the style of the previous films, but everything I've heard since production started has made me more and more positive about a movie I'd been very dubious about for years, so I'm willing to give it a shot. And as Lucas said, it does fit with the 50s timeframe.

No spoilers? That looks like the galldamned warehouse at the end of Raiders!

The background image at IndianaJones.com is about as spoilerish as that photo.

And we have Karen Allen back. Duh! :)

Anyone else disturbed by this?

cuar01_spielberg0802.jpgRonRifkin.jpg

Actually, yes. But I'm more disturbed by Spielberg's apparent old man mullet that he seems to be having now.

Anyone else disturbed by this?

cuar01_spielberg0802.jpgRonRifkin.jpg

Actually, yes. But I'm more disturbed by Spielberg's apparent old man mullet that he seems to be having now.

In that photoa are other people's faces...

Now last pics of George lucas show that he is growing a mullet

Interesting Interview with George Lucas on Vanity Fair Here:

click

Well, I'm a Lucas defender, but these quotes make me cringe:

“People who are over 40 love [Episodes] IV, V, and VI and hate I, II, and III. Younger people like I, II, and III and don’t like IV, V, and VI, or they like I, II, and III better and think IV, V, and VI are kind of boring and slow.“

“I know the critics are going to hate it. They already hate it. So there’s nothing we can do about that. They hate the idea that we’re making another one. They’ve already made up their minds.”

“The fans are all upset. They’re always going to be upset. ‘Why did he do it like this? And why didn’t he do it like this?’ They write their own movie, and then, if you don’t do their movie, they get upset about it. So you just have to stand by for the bricks and the custard pies, because they’re going to come flying your way.”

What a whiner...

I dont know what you mean.

That IS the truth. And he knows about it, its not like he is saying that everyone loves his movies and is blind about that.

And george Lucas rarely speaks the truth...

I have some concerns about the film even with Spielberg directing.

It appears Lucas has shoved his idea down the throat of everyone to get this film made.

I think Lucas is wrong about critics and the 'fans'. He speaks in such absolutes that it comes across as bitter.

Oh, and he doesn't seem to have much faith in the project. As if he is already preparing for something.

The 'critics' hated Titanic before it came out, but the film was generally regarded as a commercial (of course) and artistic winner, even winning many awards.

I think Lucas is wrong about critics and the 'fans'. He speaks in such absolutes that it comes across as bitter.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I think he's speaking more in generalities.

Besides, I like his 'to hell with the critics' attitude.

Normally I do too. Of course.

But, not in this case. "They already hate it". ??? What is the man talking about?

But, not in this case. "They already hate it". ??? What is the man talking about?

I dont know what he is speaking about.

But i have seen several people here argument why Indy IV is not neccesary, to put it ligthly.

It appears Lucas has shoved his idea down the throat of everyone to get this film made.

Wasnt lucas the one that refused several screenplays? Its not like he had an idea and forced everyone into it.

But i have seen several people here argument why Indy IV is not neccesary, to put it ligthly.

Well, Lucas was talking about film critics, who - from what I read (exceptions are always there of course) generally anticipate Indy IV and are even excited about it.

I think Lucas is afraid the critics will go all "medieval" on the film once it's released (like they did with TPM) and therefore likes to enforce the idea that critics hate his movies even before they are released (and thereby compromising any critical comments they might pose).

The truth is, critics were willing to give TPM favorable reviews back in 1999. They certainly did not hate the film before they saw it. And had the film been LOTR-quality, they would have hailed TPM as a modern masterpiece.

Lucas is wrong in this case. He is - as Mr. Cosman already mentioned - employing a strange self-defense mechanism here...

Interesting Interview with George Lucas on Vanity Fair Here:

click

Nice interview!

I dont know what you mean.

That IS the truth. And he knows about it, its not like he is saying that everyone loves his movies and is blind about that.

Agreed!

And george Lucas rarely speaks the truth...

Not agreed!

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I think he's speaking more in generalities.

Yes. People have been hating the prequels just because they aren't as good as the originals. But in a world where tons of movies were made "inspired" by the originals, it's really difficult to be as origianl as the OT, especially when its the same genre, the same story. . . .

I mean, compare RotS to something like Independence Day. RotS easily beats it to a pulp!

I really don't know what Lucas is complaining about. I've heard very little negative buzz on the film, even on this site (to a degree). Any apprehensiveness comes from the fact that Indy hasn't been around for a while. Lucas should feel lucky, because it's one of the most anticipated movies of this year.

;)

indy4 - hoping that's sarcasm

He is right.

ROTS is a mess. Not as much a mess as AotC though. Acting is lacklustre - Hayden is atrocious once more, Nat is boring and even Ewan can't stop overacting. Not to mention Ian's bad, hammy performance as Sidious. The music is pretty good, but chock-full of some lowlights (vaguely-ethnic wailing woman, tracked Arena music etc). Every scene in the movie takes itself so seriously that it's impossible to do so. No-one was ever supposed to take SW as anything other than fun.

ID4 doesn't take itself seriously. It knows its boundaries. The acting isn't the best, but heck they look like they're having fun. Will Smith is enjoyable, Bill Pullman tolerable and Brent Spiner is brilliant. Finally, the score is one of David Arnold's best, one of his three crowning achievements (Stargate, ID4and Tomorrow Never Dies).