The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Oh man...it's been so long since any Indy films that we've been sheltered from insane Indy fanboys. Are we about to see nerds dressed up with whips and fedoras, insteas of lightsabers or magic wands, crowding theatres on opening night?

I'll be there dressed as Mola Ram.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man...it's been so long since any Indy films that we've been sheltered from insane Indy fanboys. Are we about to see nerds dressed up with whips and fedoras, insteas of lightsabers or magic wands, crowding theatres on opening night?

I'll be there dressed as Mola Ram.

With a pig's heart in your hand? :cool:

The removal of the guns in the US trailer seems to me to be a way of trying to not offend US citizens, because it seems Indiana Jones is being captured by what appears to be US soldiers. Perhaps there's US citizens who wouldn't want to see Indy IV if they think the US are portrayed as "bad" in any way, so US soldiers capturing Indy and being hostile to him OR Indy giving US soldiers a reason to capture him might be considered offensive by some. I personally hope there are no REAL US citizens who are so overly patriottic to have a problem with such a thing though. Especially considering the fact that there'll be a good and perfectly reasonable reason for it in the final film. It appears to me the US soldiers are Russians in disguise. The removal/addition of the US flag to the trailer might have a similar reasoning behind it. Whatever the case: I think it is over-the-top and was not necessary whatsoever.

Yes, yes, bring on the crazy conspiracy theories.

The truth of the matter is simply this:

For a movie preview to be approved for all audiences by the MPAA, it is forbidden to show people clearly aiming guns at other people within a shot. You're allowed to show people raising a gun, you're allowed to play the sound of a gun cocking, but you are simply not allowed to clearly show people threatening other people at gunpoint.

Hence the change.

Yes, it's just as simple as Marc stated.

Of course people here love conspiracy theories. I never would have noticed if members hadn't made a big deal out of it.

I'm going as Sallah.

I have no doubt in my mind that my brother (who actually looks a little bit like a much younger Ford) will be dressed in his full Indy outfit, as he's actually randomly worn in around campus here several times before. Me, on the other hand, well, we'll see when the time comes.

Uh you do realize that commercial was a fake and fan made?

So, I just wanted to show off something before anybody else because usually I am the last one to post something and somebody says, "That's already been posted you know." I wanted to be the first one to post something even if it is a fake and fan based.

Yes that's all fine and dandy but your post reads like you think it is a real Mastercard commercial.

I was just pointing out that it was a fan made / fake commercial, that's all.

For a movie preview to be approved for all audiences by the MPAA, it is forbidden to show people clearly aiming guns at other people within a shot. You're allowed to show people raising a gun, you're allowed to play the sound of a gun cocking, but you are simply not allowed to clearly show people threatening other people at gunpoint.
WHAAAA! Really??? I wouldn't have believed there was such a rule if you hadn't just told me. Crazy world we live in! :blink:

Can anybody on this board tell me what language they are chanting in Temple of Doom and what they are saying in Temple of Doom and what it translates to? Thanks. Also, In RotLA and IJatLC was there any foreign language sung int those films. In TPM its Sanskrit is Sung for Duel of the Fates right and John Williams has used other foreign languages for other films. I know this has been discussed. Where can I find it on the board again to what he used. Thanks.

Can anybody on this board tell me what language they are chanting in Temple of Doom and what they are saying in Temple of Doom and what it translates to? Thanks. Also, In RotLA and IJatLC was there any foreign language sung int those films. In TPM its Sanskrit is Sung for Duel of the Fates right and John Williams has used other foreign languages for other films. I know this has been discussed. Where can I find it on the board again to what he used. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's Sanskrit also - haven't the foggiest what they're saying though, but i'm sure my grandmother would.

I'm pretty sure it's Sanskrit also - haven't the foggiest what they're saying though, but i'm sure my grandmother would.

I think you're right but Williams could have also used Hindu.

Another teaser poster?

Just publicity stand?

Looks nice for a DVD :lol:

indy4espada.jpg

I am in a rush, so I can't copy the source right now, but this is a fake. I'll give the source later. It is not hard to find if you do a google search.

You guys do realize Williams had a stroke in November, right? He's basically brain dead now. He had written a couple of themes and sketched out some cues, but this score is basically the work of Conrad Pope and John Neufield.

You guys do realize Williams had a stroke in November, right? He's basically brain dead now. He had written a couple of themes and sketched out some cues, but this score is basically the work of Conrad Pope and John Neufield.

Dude!

Not funny :(

ah the film will not be digital or available in digital format, how interesting,

it is truly

a

FILM

Isn't 'hindu' a religion? :(

ah the film will not be digital or available in digital format, how interesting,

it is truly

a

FILM

I'm not sure what we can say really qualifies as film. Keep in mind that the origins of the Film medium are in animation. Its founding principles are in movement and aesthetics. Let's not reduce the medium to the tool --film-- which has become the dominant mode of its expression.

And besides, what can really be called a "film" anymore. What does "film" mean?

Ted

Isn't 'hindu' a religion? :(

Yup (actually, a 'hindu' is anyone who follows the dharmmic religion of hinduism).

'Hindi' is the actual language spoken by Indians, and nowadays Sanskrit is used as a liturgical language for religious purposes, similar to Latin in some European countries. There's actually a revival to bring back Sanskrit which would be fine by me - India needs to start recovering it's true identity after years and years of having muslim culture and language shoved down their throats (Hindi has some persian and arabic words spread throughout which I personally think should be expunged).

it is truly

a

FILM

I'm not sure what we can say really qualifies as film. Keep in mind that the origins of the Film medium are in animation. Its founding principles are in movement and aesthetics. Let's not reduce the medium to the tool --film-- which has become the dominant mode of its expression.

Ted

that means its going to be projected on film at the movies, not from a disk.

it is truly

a

FILM

Ted

Images captured on plastic with various degrees of ISO approved silver halide on the inside specified for certain lighting conditions. This approach to shooting in photographics and cinematography after careful and meticulous setting up of subjects in lighting, framing, camera position and lenses, results in a look and feel that's warmer, more detailed, and natural.

Isn't 'hindu' a religion? :mrgreen:

Yup (actually, a 'hindu' is anyone who follows the dharmmic religion of hinduism).

'Hindi' is the actual language spoken by Indians, and nowadays Sanskrit is used as a liturgical language for religious purposes, similar to Latin in some European countries. There's actually a revival to bring back Sanskrit which would be fine by me - India needs to start recovering it's true identity after years and years of having muslim culture and language shoved down their throats (Hindi has some persian and arabic words spread throughout which I personally think should be expunged).

I'm sorry I meant Hindi.

Isn't 'hindu' a religion? :P

I have enormous respect for India's Sanskrit movement. I wish something like that happened here in Europe too, of course by means of Latin.

I am part of Latin speaking group here in Finland and I hope that kind of activity will spread to all parts of Europe.

Spero linguam Latinam futuro tempore ubique adhibitum iri. :mrgreen: