The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect much of Marion's theme in IV. Maybe a touch here or there when they first reunite, but if there is a love theme, I'm sure it'll have a different feel. I'm sure the nature of the relationship between Marion and Indy is different this time around, and a new theme would reflect that.

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

If that's the case, then we must all be intellectual midgets here on this board.

According to this Yahoo News article, there's going to be a new trailer this week!

YES! I was afraid they wouldn't make a theatrical trailer, since the teaser came so late.

NO Second Indiana Jones 4 Trailer This Week!

Hollywood Reporter announced earlier today that a second Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer was to be expected later this week. After contacting Lucasfilm, I can tell you that this news is wrong! Don't look for a new Indy 4 trailer this week.

I don't think there will be another trailer, well, for this month anyway. They just release a trailer.

NO Second Indiana Jones 4 Trailer This Week!
Hollywood Reporter announced earlier today that a second Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer was to be expected later this week. After contacting Lucasfilm, I can tell you that this news is wrong! Don't look for a new Indy 4 trailer this week.

Aw, man! :P

Yes they do.

Patience, you'll get your trailer that will do nothing but show you a few scenes from the film and probably have recycled Williams music from the previous IJ films.

It's a little bit too soon to get a new one (IMO), anyway. There's still a couple of months until the release, and it feels like the first trailer came out yesterday.

Yes they do.

Patience, you'll get your trailer that will do nothing but show you a few scenes from the film and probably have recycled Williams music from the previous IJ films.

Um, thanks for the wise insight Captain Obvious.

Yes they do.

Whenever I hear the term Captain Obvious, I think of this guy from TPM:

250px-RicOlie.jpg

I think the next Indy trailer should have new original score bits.The score is recorded after all.It was about this time before the release of RotS we heard snippets of Battle of the Heroes

Yes they do.

They call me MR. TIBBS!!!!

Yeah,I don;t want one of thes Potter style montage trailers where a shot of every scene in the film is shown in quick succession

I'm actually even seriously debating if I'll listen to the CD before seeing the movie. Normally I wouldn't give it a second thought, I had all three prequel OSTs pracitally memorized before seeing the movies, but this one...I don't know.

Yes they do.

Whenever I hear the term Captain Obvious, I think of this guy from TPM:

250px-RicOlie.jpg

Ric Olie. Wonder what it says about me that I actually know that character's name without having to look it up. :)

Actually, no. I don't wonder. It's a four letter word that starts with G.

Shia's enthusiasm and committment to the role seems to bode well for his character.

The switchblade thing was especially cool.

Potential minor spoilers ahead

If you go to the official site now, and click on Cast (ignore the Coming Soon bubble), you'll find out that John Hurt is

Abner Ravenwood

and Ian McDiarmid is

Professor Levi

According to an interview with Shia in this months Empire magazine the whole switchblade thing is down to him. He got hold of one whilst the movie was still in pre-production and began practising 'moves' with it, eventually getting really good with it. He then suggested to Spielberg that maybe it could be a a workable gimic for his character and after showing Spielberg what he could do with it the director agreed that it was a good idea and welcomed its addition, going so far as altering the script slightly to cater for the blade.

Lucky for Shia that he never approached Lucas first, since that dude famously fears change.

Ric Olie. Wonder what it says about me that I actually know that character's name without having to look it up. :P

Actually, no. I don't wonder. It's a four letter word that starts with G.

Ric Olié

Just for geeks.

At this point I'd only buy newly released movies in BluRay ,but since i don't plan to get a player anytime soon ,I guess I buy no movies for a while.

If you go to the official site now, and click on Cast (ignore the Coming Soon bubble), you'll find out that John Hurt is

Abner Ravenwood

and Ian McDiarmid is

Professor Levi

I cant make it work, they must have fixxed it :(

Ian Mcdiarmid is

reprising his Young Indy chronicles character.

BTW, for me the spoiler has been to know that Mcdiarmid is in the movie. Too late now :P

Ack! Well,

I would've liked to have had my suspicions about John Hurt's character confirmed in the movie theater, but it was seeming pretty clear as to who he was.

Yeah, I'm surprised about McDiarmid. That's interesting that that character will be back.

It was cool to see him play that character. He did a good job. That's gotta be my least favorite episode of the series thus far, though.

Abner Ravenwood

and Ian McDiarmid is

Professor Levi

Ian Mcdiarmid is

BTW, for me the spoiler has been to know that Mcdiarmid is in the movie. Too late now :P

What role does he have?

Abner Ravenwood

and Ian McDiarmid is

Professor Levi

Ian Mcdiarmid is

What role does he have?

In YIJ, he was a friend/colleague of Henry Sr.

Abner Ravenwood

and Ian McDiarmid is

Professor Levi

Ian Mcdiarmid is

What role does he have?

Professor Levi