The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound like Williams. Sounds like Debney or Silvestri. And I sincerely doubt Empire Magazine would be the first to break it.

It sounds like Stargate. This is not Williams, obviously (harmony and orchestration wise it has nothing to do with his music). He hasn't written, moreover, a theme in a simple 4/4 meter for ages.

If this is indeed a Williams piece i suggest we all poor Europeans travel to US and attend one of his concertos.

Then shoot him for treason. 'On behalf of the Good Taste'

But then Williams would say: I AM the Music!

He will reveal as Zimmer and kill all but Miguel (the most powerful one). Miguel will manage to defeat him. But one of the Zimmer fans here will come and well you know the rest... :)

It sounds like Stargate.

I agree it does sound like Stargate or something Debney-ish. I doubt there would be music from the score showing up online or in videos this early...I could be wrong...but still.

Aw

Other members post crazy (and funny) things all the time.

I always fail miserably.

I wouldn't quite say that. Your post (and Marc's response) got a good chuckle out of me.

Aw

Other members post crazy (and funny) things all the time.

I always fail miserably.

I wouldn't quite say that. Your post (and Marc's response) got a good chuckle out of me.

that's reasuring :sigh:

I would imagine that for this film they will try and get the CD out before the movie opens.

Maybe a week before or perhaps the week the film opens.

The Indy IV coverage by Empire magazine has been scanned here in case anyone's interested. It says that the recording sessions of the score are Steven Spielberg's favourite part of the post production process. :)

And while we're at it, Ben Burtt is also back. Now I do like his sound effects; just not his messing around with the music. Let's hope he'll deliver brilliantly appropriate sound effects and Steven Spielberg will ensure the music remains where it's supposed to be: at the right spot and audible.

I'm sure Burtt is just doing sound effects for this film. Spielberg wouldn't let him edit the film, at least I hope he wouldn't.

Behave, Ben Burrt is a legend.

George lucas also was, untill he did the prequels.

Burtt fell with him.

About the empire article:

What does Ford mean with this?:

I was very happy and satisfied that Indiana Jones had three solid adventures-or at least two and a half (laughs)

Does he mean that one of the movies is not very solid, or that he did not appear in the Last crusade lenghty prologue?

And i'm a little dissapointed that many digital things have been done. :)

I thought they were not doing that. Shame. Bashing is coming.

I was very happy and satisfied that Indiana Jones had three solid adventures-or at least two and a half (laughs)

Does he mean that one of the movies is not very solid, or that he did not appear in the Last crusade lenghty prologue?

And i'm a little dissapointed that many digital things have been done. :)

I thought they were not doing that. Shame. Bashing is coming.

Maybe he was thinking of last crusade... where his sidekick was Sean Connery in the role of his father, and that his part was that big that it wasn't a oneman show like it was before mostly.. so they shared one adventure

I think that was Spielberg talking, not Ford.

I think that was Spielberg talking, not Ford.

Then what did Spielberg meant?

If it was Spielberg (I haven't read the article) he was probably referring to ToD as only a half-solid entry into the franchise.

He's gone on record saying he didn't like ToD much before. In fact, on the 2003 DVD set, he says something to the effect of the only good lasting thing coming out of that film was meeting his wife.

you know I don't understand this... for a long time Temple was just my favourite film... I thought it was really brave to take the franchise in this complete opposite direction... I think after Star Wars this was one of Lucas' greatest achievements! I mean all that dark stuff when Indy is suffering surrounded by candles after drinking the blood of Khali... and at the End hes the saviour of the day again... but before that he goes through hell...

and it's wounderful having the three OST#s in your hand and beeing the Temple CD the only one with a black dark Cover... fits perfectly!

If it was Spielberg (I haven't read the article) he was probably referring to ToD as only a half-solid entry into the franchise.

He's gone on record saying he didn't like ToD much before. In fact, on the 2003 DVD set, he says something to the effect of the only good lasting thing coming out of that film was meeting his wife.

I've heard he even made Last Crusade as an apology for Doom. It was accused of being racist against Indians around the time of its release. Funny if you ask me, since it's pretty well received now.