The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already posted in the KoTCS tracklist thread. What are the odds? ;)

I didn't enter that thread 'cause I misread the title and thought it was about KotOR score :lol: My bad.

Interview with George lucas from a magazine in milleniumfalcon site:

He discuses indy and more things.

Its a little scary the 50's sci-fi connection he makes, but o the other hand he says its not Indy going sci-fi...

click

possible info on the length of the movie: 123'

here

So, I don't think this is "the real thing" as is advertised, but on youtube, there is a clip of what someone claims in a piece of the score for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I don't imagine it actually is, but I thought I would point your attention there anyway.

Here is 'ze link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74NHJk9Y4Yo

What do you think?

If its a track from the middle of the movie, why would it have the Raiders March (with the exact same orchestration as the concert suite) in the second half?

If its a track from the middle of the movie, why would it have the Raiders March (with the exact same orchestration as the concert suite) in the second half?

Perhaps the guy who posted it just tagged that on the end?

I'm not convinced the first half is real, but I haven't heard it before and it does sound both Indyish and Williamsish.

The music is just the track from Minority Report called Dr. Eddie and Miss Van Eych and this is edited into the End Credits of the Last Crusade. So it is a fake!

I'm not convinced the first half is real, but I haven't heard it before
The music is just the track from Minority Report called Dr. Eddie and Miss Van Eych

OOps, I wrote I hadn't heard it, but what I meant to say was, "I had heard it."

does anyone find it disturbing that the only place you can find Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull avialable is Amazon among major companies.

Best Buy, Circuit City, Barnes and Noble, Target, all have yet to list it as a future release.

John Williams seems to confirm the longish running time.

The Indy films become subsequently longer without necessarily getting any better:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
, 115 minutes

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
, 118 minutes

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
, 127 minutes

The Indy films become subsequently longer without necessarily getting any better:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
, 115 minutes

, 118 minutes

, 127 minutes

But the later ones did not suffer from over-length. Like all other news about the film, I will simply hope for the best.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
, 115 minutes

, 118 minutes

, 127 minutes

Williams's forgetfullness reaches new levels as he forgets his own daughter!

does anyone find it disturbing that the only place you can find Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull avialable is Amazon among major companies.

Best Buy, Circuit City, Barnes and Noble, Target, all have yet to list it as a future release.

Honestly? No. Barnes & Noble will probably get it listed soon but the rest of those stores have the most pathetic soundtrack sections.

Circuit City used to be a place you could find all kinds of good things. Our Best Buy and Circuit City have become a joke as far as finding film scores.

Don't even bother to look at Target's.

Clearly, Luke, you didn't read my link.

Ted

Yes i did, but yours seem to be a rumour, while mine was (i think) a list from one cinema where it put the running times of upcoming films.

Ted

Yes i did, but yours seem to be a rumour, while mine was (i think) a list from one cinema where it put the running times of upcoming films.

Sorry, did I miss something?

Didn't Williams say: "... 7 Reels long.. and each of them about 20 minutes..." now, wouldn't that be about 140 minutes? 7 x 20 ? ;)

Ted

Didn't Williams say: "... 7 Reels long.. and each of them about 20 minutes..." now, wouldn't that be about 140 minutes? 7 x 20 ? ;)

What if 20 minutes are left in the cutting floor?

BTW, Williams is a lier :D

Ted

Nope, 7 x 20 = 123. Get your facts straight, Senator. Clearly, Luke did not inherit his Jedi powers from you.

Ted

BTW, Williams is a lier :o

Ahhhh yes... 123 min and didn't Joey post the playing times of the tracks. of the OST Album?. and wasn't the last one 17 minutes long?

Clear case!!:

140 mins - 17mins End Credits Suite = 123 mins running time!

The cut away the End Credits!! Bastards!!

:D

Ted

BTW, Williams is a lier :D

Ahhhh yes... 123 min and didn't Joey post the playing times of the tracks. of the OST Album?. and wasn't the last one 17 minutes long?

Clear case!!:

140 mins - 17mins End Credits Suite = 123 mins running time!

The cut away the End Credits!! Bastards!!

Now really, there could be 17 mins of deleted scenes is not rare, and williams could have scored them that why he thinks that the film is long.

Now really, there could be 17 mins of deleted scenes is not rare, and williams could have scored them that why he thinks that the film is long.

I know.. just thought it was a funny coincidence... ;)

Hm yes could be.. why not.. I don't care how long it is... If 140mins are needed to tell a great story.. fine If 123 are needed also fine.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
, 115 minutes

, 118 minutes

, 127 minutes

Williams's forgetfullness reaches new levels as he forgets his own daughter!

Someone put my video up on YouTube?! :lol:

I think we can expect greatness, as finishing it more than a month before the release date is a sign of confidence. And I know Spielberg finished Raiders earlier than any of his other films. As for more than two hours of Indy goodness... :lol:

even with Williams involved in the mixing,Ben Butt can still sneak in at night and play with the volume knobs

Let's just hope Williams hasn't done any rewrites and just plain mixing and we end up getting a complete finale sequence from the film on the CD and not some alternate.

Isn't 20 minutes the maximum per reel?

If each was - to just pick something - 18 minutes, which I think would still qualify as "about 20 minutes," you're left with a 126-minute total, well in the area of the 123-minute running time listed at Luke's link, which seems like a good source for info.

I think it's reels of film negative that come in at about 11 or 12 minutes. I thought projection reels were longer.

Then again, I hardly know anything about this sort of issue.

Generally, a standard reel is 12-13 minutes, so I guess it's still likely the movie will be 120-130 minutes

Again... Didn't Williams SAY: "7 Reels.. each about 20 Minutes..." now 12-13 aren't 20 mins anymore..

We should take note that while the report I posted was no officially confirmed, the one Luke posted several days ago could not possibly provide the film's final running time since it only very recently was finalized. The most accurate word we have of it right now is Williams' comment that there are 7 reels, all about 20 minutes each. That means that the film will be at least 120 minutes, and no more than 140 minutes. Based on his remarks though, it seems like the film will run closer to 140.

Ted

We should take note that while the report I posted was no officially confirmed, the one Luke posted several days ago could not possibly provide the film's final running time since it only very recently was finalized. The most accurate word we have of it right now is Williams' comment that there are 7 reels, all about 20 minutes each. That means that the film will be at least 120 minutes, and no more than 140 minutes. Based on his remarks though, it seems like the film will run closer to 140.

Ted

yes.. I say you're right.

I mean Williams is obviously INVOLVED in that project.. and if he says 7 x 20 I think it is that way..

I've been reading that the first reel tends to run shorter to leave room for trailers, in which case in the film itself might be closer to 130' than to 140'. On the other hand, unofficial reports similar to that in Ted's link suggest that the film might even exceed 140'. Ricard is surprisingly positive in his headline. I guess we'll find out the official details soon!