The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else notice that this forum is unsually crowded these days?

Is it because the KoCS opens in less than a month? I don't seem to recall it being so crowded before the opening of Munich and Memoirs...

I don't think you were born when those movies came out :)

What is Munich? Who's Memoirs?

Munich, capital of Bavaria. Spielberg made a great movie there a few years ago...BEERFEST.

The memoirs were done by the invisible man....the ghost writer.

Does anybody else notice that this forum is unsually crowded these days?

Is it because the KoCS opens in less than a month? I don't seem to recall it being so crowded before the opening of Munich and Memoirs...

in the film world those two films were simply barracudas

KotCS is a great white.

Check this out!

Also, second TV spot is on the Official Indiana Jones Site! Gotta admit, the special effect look a LOT better than in TLC! But then, what do you expect?

Hey, I know why we don't have another official trailer yet. They're doing THIS instead!!!

This is probably the ant scene! Click here. (Spoiler!)

DOUBLE POST (coz i got the useless bottom spot on the last page):

The new TV Spot in HD is up.

I dunno, the Raiders March doesn't doesn't sound like a new recording by Williams to me. In fact it sounds a lot like the Prague recording, which is a little odd I guess. :folder:

I'm sure I'm wrong :)

I dunno, the Raiders March doesn't doesn't sound like a new recording by Williams to me. In fact it sounds a lot like the Prague recording, which is a little odd I guess. :huh:

I'm sure I'm wrong :D

what Prague recording you talking about?

Tht's actually NOT the ant scene, as far as I know...it's another type of danger, though...

I dunno, the Raiders March doesn't doesn't sound like a new recording by Williams to me. In fact it sounds a lot like the Prague recording, which is a little odd I guess. :huh:

I don't think you are wrong; it sounds a lot like the Prague recording to me as well. You can tell by the sound/tone/intonation of the lead trumpets in the recording...

what Prague recording you talking about?

<http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=com_...view&id=167>

Check this out!

Also, second TV spot is on the Official Indiana Jones Site! Gotta admit, the special effect look a LOT better than in TLC! But then, what do you expect?

Hey, I know why we don't have another official trailer yet. They're doing THIS instead!!!

the special effects in Raiders and TOD also look a LOT better than in TLC so whats your point???

What's the problem with CGI matte background paintings?

In the old days we got awful fake paintings (ESB cloud city) and that was better?

yes the matte paintings in ESB are fine, but if KM had his way, he's destroy all the old movies, just like GL and redo them all in CGI.

Why does the new ad have Harrison Ford saying, "That can't be good."?

Neil

Breaking the fourth wall, the character is clearly referring to the film itself. It's in line with George Lucas' strategy of dampening expectations.

Neil

Breaking the fourth wall, the character is clearly referring to the film itself. It's in line with George Lucas' strategy of dampening expectations.

Exactly my thought.

Neil

I wouldn't put it past him. During the battle at the end of AOTC one of the aliens says "This is not looking good at all" and we all know how that turned out.

And it is Ford saying it. It's his voice and his mouth is moving, Why is anyone even questioning it?

Neil

The shot including this dialogue is very fast, Neil. I just watched it through once. And while it does sound like Ford, it could have very easily been Winstone based on the sounds of it. I don't doubt your assertion that it's Ford, though.

Ted

Neil

I wouldn't put it past him. During the battle at the end of AOTC one of the aliens says "This is not looking good at all" and we all know how that turned out.

And it is Ford saying it. It's his voice and his mouth is moving, Why is anyone even questioning it?

Neil

There's no doubt this movie is going to suck just as hard as AotC.

Neil

Neil

There's no doubt this movie is going to suck just as hard as AotC.

Yes and Indy saing to Marion: "You know, I never told you.. I don't like sand!"

It's just one of those lines .i bet he says "I have a bad feeling about this" somewhere in the movie

Hopefully Marion doesn't say "Hold me like you did that night on Katanga's ship".

Sod it, I've decided I'm gonna boycott the movie as a result of that line.

Now wait just one God damn moment! How true is THIS statement on page 13 of this Empire feature? :D

By "Storm Trooper March" I can only assume they're referring to The Imperial March. Or perhaps they mean the Nazi/Vogel's theme...

Well I unexpectedly just saw the TV Spot during a big footy match on telly here in the UK, but it differed slightly from the one linked above. When Spalko says "You will find it", Indy responds "C'mon!" instead. He says it in a playfully sarcastic way and it is a totally different shot of him sat in the chair. There was another shot of Mutt holding some sort of relic thing, but I didn't quite catch it.

Just though you might want to know.