High Pitch in Geisha Soundtrack

pi

Any one else hear that high pitched frequency on the opening 5 secs of some tracks on this soundtrack??? Drives me crazy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...

I do. I think it's a recording thing. Like, you go from actual silence, to when the track starts. I think it might have to do with how it was recorded... because it was mostly percussion in the begining of one track...

I always thought it was a recording thing atleast. Like a high frequency hiss of just... room sound.

I have yet to get the original disc (first it wasn't out here, then I had no money), but I always assumed the extreme hiss some tracks on my CDR have at the beginning were an error on just my copy.

If this is on the originals as well, it's bad enough I'd consider them faulty. My disc has more hiss than a cassette tape.

Marian - wondering now if Murphy is having a relapse.

Ok, check out track 6, this seems to be the one where it is easiest to find. Before the harp comes in there is an extremely high pitch, even before there is any music. Its very noticeable, if you do not hear it try listening in your car or on a different stereo. It sounds exactly like the TV frequency, in fact I wonder if thats what it is, coming in through JW's talkback mic. Do you hear it now?? Its only in the beginning of tracks for like 4 or 5 seconds at most, you can almost hear it being faded out.

ahh yes, I hear it now that I was listening for it. How odd, I've never notiched it before but you're right, it's very high pitched and quite annoying if you know it's there.

In a room with Shawn Murphy... everything gets cold and there's a strange fog. I get a horrible feeling, like I'd never be happy again. And then I hear it...

"Stand aside, you silly man, let me mix the music so no-one can hear it, and add empty reverb! You needn't die, just stand aside! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The high pitch is most likely flyback from a TV monitor.

TV peak is common in many recordings and can be used to determine where a recording was made. The frequencies are 15,734 Hz for NTSC and 15,625 Hz for PAL.

I remove it when mastering material that is affected. It hurts the ears otherwise.

CV

I know some devices remove such noise... the only time I remember hearing it is the begining of "Going to School" right before the drums start.

If you play something else, and then play it... it is obvious...

not to mention the pipa player is out of tune at times... especially in that track :-p