• Setting The Trap Motif
    • Old Man Marley's Theme

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is also a tough one.

I love Star of Bethlehem as a song, but then again, JW wrote it as a score, not as a song- so, all things (insturmentaly) equal, I went with Setting the Trap.

I voted for the Villians theme.  I like the snappy, sleazy, comical idea of it.

I also thought of that, but now that I have the Villian's marc from Superman, I feel nurished enough to focus on other things in this CD.

Hey Marian I had a discussion with a fellow Home Alone fan and he said the same thing. I told him it's the fault of someone for not playing the actual song at a recognizable level. The only time we hear it is in the church when Kevin and Marley are talking. You can barely hear it,and it's stuck between two traditional songs.

Back to me now. :| I voted for Somewhere in My Memory becase of its use throughout the whole score. It's one of the loveliest song melodies he's written, and I love how he's ale to make different arrangements of it.

By the way, wouldn't you consider Somewhere in My Memory to be Kevin's theme? I know there's another theme. But I think it's his secondary one.

Jeff -- who thinks the villain theme is also a great composition

Somewhere in my Memory, Christmas joys all around me.

That discribes the my feelings of this song. I love it. I also love Star of Bethlehem, Holiday flight.

Just a great cd all around. Between November 1st, and Jan. 5. I will listen to that cd dozens and dozens of time.

I had to go for Star of Bethlehem. I love the recording with chorus and organ... sounds so much like church music, so beutiful!

But there's an additional theme, or motif, if you want, not listed on the pool. I was just watching the film yesterday on tv, and there's a short motif for Kevin's old neighbor -- you know the old guy who in the begin Kevin's brother says his a killer.

I had to go for Star of Bethlehem. I love the recording with chorus and organ... sounds so much like church music, so beutiful!

But there's an additional theme, or motif, if you want, not listed on the pool. I was just watching the film yesterday on tv, and there's a short motif for Kevin's old neighbor -- you know the old guy who in the begin Kevin's brother says his a killer.

Oh yeah, Miguel. I love it especially at the end of "Man of the House."

There's just so much to love in this score! And unlike most people, I find myself listening to it (and watching the film) in the summer too.

I haven't leastened to the cd in a while. so i don't remember the track names, and where the old man motif apears, but you seem to be right. And even if I haven't got back to this score for some time, I really love it too. I love Christmas music and even not being religious, I enjoy leastening to church music.

Actually I've always considered Old Man Marley's motif to be an extension of Star of Bethlehem or spooky version of it since when he first apppears that is the theme that is heard lowly (the track where he first appears is unreleased and can be heard when Buzz tells Kevin and his cousin about the man's legend). I've added it.