What was doing John Williams when you born ?

David Vincent

Jan, 06 '76.

Hot off the success of Jaws, he was writing Missouri Breaks, Midway, and his Violin Concerto, and preparing for his Black Sunday, and his next partnership with his newly found director friend, Spielburg's follow-up........ the seldom mentioned genius of "Close Encounters".

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writing E.T. ^_^

Roman,

Since I cannot PM you, here is the only place I can remind you...........

You still owe me for that "The Fury" Cd I bought for you a few years back, intended to send to you and collect the payment whenever, and then dropped off the face of the planet never returning any emails or PM's.

Just a reminder of that niceity I gave you and got screwed in on the return.

Judging by the release dates of the two films he scored during my birth year, it's quite likely he was writing or conducting music for "Earthquake" or "The Towering Inferno" on Feb. 11, 1974.

I was born between E.T. and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Guess what, it's 1983.

But while I was comin' out from my mom, since it was 1:30 PM, if JW was in the U.S. he was probably sleeping (4:30 AM in California) or having breakfast (7:30 AM in New York).

I was born in late November of 1990, so that means that he might have started work on Hook when I came into this world. If he was, then is would certainly be fitting.......

Well, he would already finished The Empire Strikes Back which came out a couple of days after I was born, so I guess he would've moved onto his "Fanfare for a Festive Occasion" or "Jubilee 350 Fanfare" concert works. He wouldn't compose another film until Raiders of the Lost Ark came out the following year.

Tim