Harry Potter now for pre order at amazon

PetePan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November 12?!?!?!?! That's 3 days before the movie. Why not late October again? Well, I guess that will just make the anticipation all the greater.

Ray Barnsbury

It's the teaser poster. So there'll definitely be a final poster before the movie comes out. And that's probably what will be on the CD, too.

Marian - who doesn't like how they cropped the poster artwork on the first DVD's cover (luckily, the CD has the full version on the cover).

:music: Hook

It will at least make it easier for me to not play the score until I've seen the film. :mrgreen:

Do you often do this with scores? I've been toying with the idea, just for something different. How does it compare to hearing them on CD first?

Ray Barnsbury

i'd rather hear the music and understand what it was written for, before listening to it and responding to it just as music. like the star wars scores for example - i wish the cd was released much closer to the film, because i don't want to memorize a lot of it before seeing the movie. because when i'm watching the movie, the effect of it will be very much downsized. because in a sense, i know what's going to happen. since the music comes later, after the film is made, than i don't think the music should be listened to before the the film is viewed. it should be experienced as it was intended, if that makes sense.

Do you often do this with scores?  I've been toying with the idea, just for something different.  How does it compare to hearing them on CD first?

I tried to do it with TPM, but failed miserably (had to play the CD after only a couple of hours :mrgreen: ) - I still buy the CDs when they're out, just don't listen to them. So far, I've done it with AOTC, Potter and FOTR. I did listen to Hedwig's Theme in advance though, and since I didn't notice many of the other themes in the score the first time, that wasn't such a huge revelation.

But I know that the first time the Ring theme pops up over the FOTR titles wouldn't have been nearly as effective if I had heard it before. Hearing it there for the first time was absolutely amazing - quite different from what I had expected, but it set the mood perfectly.

Plus it's quite fun to come home from a movie and play the CD for the first time. :shakehead:

No, the HP cd is being released the same day as the AOTC DVD.

Ray Barnsbury

That's what I meant, seriously.

So the new HP CD is being released late so it can be released on the same day as the AOTC DVD???

No, the HP cd is being released the same day as the AOTC DVD.

Ray Barnsbury

That's what I meant, seriously.

So the new HP CD is being released late so it can be released on the same day as the AOTC DVD???

I also saw that Minority Report DVD is going to be released on December 25th, the same day as Catch me if you can.

If JW is really just writing 40 minutes of actual score, we'd better get every note of it on the CD.

November 12 gets better and better. It's already the best DVD day ever: Episode II, and the Lord of the Rings Director's Cut.

Maybe you get the 40 minutes of Williams music as a free bonus CD when you buy the AOTC DVD!! :sigh:

Do you often do this with scores?  I've been toying with the idea, just for something different.  How does it compare to hearing them on CD first?

I tried to do it with TPM, but failed miserably (had to play the CD after only a couple of hours :mrgreen: ) - I still buy the CDs when they're out, just don't listen to them. So far, I've done it with AOTC, Potter and FOTR. I did listen to Hedwig's Theme in advance though, and since I didn't notice many of the other themes in the score the first time, that wasn't such a huge revelation.

But I know that the first time the Ring theme pops up over the FOTR titles wouldn't have been nearly as effective if I had heard it before. Hearing it there for the first time was absolutely amazing - quite different from what I had expected, but it set the mood perfectly.

Plus it's quite fun to come home from a movie and play the CD for the first time. :)

Well, I may try this . . . if I have the will power! :oops:

Ray Barnsbury