Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

Besides the packaging, are there any differences between the ESB 1997 soundtrack release and the most recent release. I have the newest trilogy release already but I just bought this 1997 version because of the superior packaging. Are there any differences in sound quality?

Nope.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my third JNH soundtrack, Dinosaur. Also got my tenth Elfman soundtrack, Batman Returns. And finally, my thirty seventh JW soundtrack, Far and Away. The Land Race is the only one I've heard so far, but it's a wonderful track.

What's everybody's thoughts on Sabrina? I got it a few weeks ago, and I'm having trouble listening to it. Occasionally, I'll hear a bit, but it never keeps my attention long enough. I'm slightly dreading hearing it properly, but I may be pleasantly suprised. Is it a good or bad soundtrack?

I really like Sabrina. It's a light, romantic score with three good themes (two of which also appear in song form on the album). A very pleasant listen. Oh, and don't listen to Morlock's opinion on it. :)

Ray Barnsbury

I've ordered the new Doctor Who Series 3 CD - should be here tomorrow (Monday). Looks like it has some great stuff on it, including the whole taxi chase sequence and the wonderful Abide With Me heard at the end of Gridlock.

This purchase is also very unusual for me, because not only do I buy very few CDs these days (my way of silently protesting against the record companies' recent actions), but also I don't usually buy 'blind'. I have faith that this music will be good :)

The Patriot - John Williams: While it's totally unoriginal for a JW score, I still like it. The main theme is really great, the love theme's not bad. Can't evaluate it that much, though, haven't heard most of it yet.

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas - Harry Gregson-Williams

Keep in mind I've barley heard much of this score, so this review isn't final.

Well, I love the music for the Godess of Chaos, whatever her name was. Excellent! In terms of the swashbuckling music, well, I like Treasure Planet more. Defenetly not bad, but the theme isn't as good as the one from TP.

I'll give this one time, though.

One question - when I open the cover, there's a picture of Sinbad and his girlfriend standing on a rink of ice with frozen snow around it. Stamped onto this picture is the word PROMO. It seems like an official release, it has a barcode and everything, the tracks are the same as the ones listed on Amazon, and the cover is the same as the one on Amazon, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a promo. Anybody know what this means?

It's a promo. It's the same thing as a barcode cutout or punchhole.

My Peacemaker has PROMOTIONAL stamped on the CD itself, I didn't like that much.

I recently got Bee Movie by Rupert G-W and From The Earth To The Moon Episode II: Apollo One by Mark Mancina.

Yo Yo Ma plays the music of John Williams

After a discussion that took place here some time ago I finally decided to purchase it and I don't regret. It's pretty awesome, especially the Cello Concerto and Heartwood.

Big Fish: Really great work by Elfman. Reminds me of the movie, packed to the brim with emotion. The finale is truly brilliant. My 11th Elfman cd.

Mulan: I haven't had a chance to hear this yet, but I'm looking forward. Finally, I got my third JG soundtrack.

Finally ordered the Morgan/Stromberg recording of Newman's Hunchback of Notre Dame. I've been wanting to get that for years. Actually, I want to see the film again, too.

Just got Symphonic Lloyd Webber, an album I came across on iTunes and ended up buying on e-bay. It's all orchestral arrangements of ALW music, and I mainly got it for "Phantom Fantasia," a lengthy suite of all the major songs/themes from Phantom. Oh, and it's performed by the LSO so it's top-notch, naturally. The Cats suite is nice too.

My latest buys were:

The Fly/The Fly II (finally.)

Monsignor

High Velocity: a great though rather obscure Goldsmith score. If you like me like Under Fire, this is one to get.

A few days ago, I purchased Young Indiana Jones Volume Two and Michael Kamen's 101 Dalmatians. I haven't received the former yet, but the Kamen was well worth it. It's apparently out of print, but I got it brand new on the Amazon Marketplace for something like $6 with shipping. It's missing some music I was hoping would be on it, but there's really good material on the album. I recommend it!

HOw is Young Indy Vol. 1? I've never seen the TV show, nor do I own any of the music, but I'm curious.

I haven't grabbed Vol. 1 yet. It's at $36 on Amazon right now, and I haven't checked Ebay or Half, whereas Vol. 2 was about $18, and I definitely wanted the Vienna music. I haven't finished Vol. 2, but so far it's quite good. The Vienna music (tracks 2-6, I think) has some really lovely music. I love the main theme Rosenthal composed for the episode for the young love between Indy and Princess Sophie. The music from German East Africa and The Congo was very good, also, with Desert Trek being the standout thus far. I haven't listened to the rest just yet. I'm definitely glad I got it, that's for sure. I just wish I had picked up Volume 3, as it has a lot of music from "Mystery of the Blues" and "Scandals of 1920"--I'm a fan of Gershwin and jazz. And I wish that Volume 4, which has a lot of the music from Phantom Train of Doom, wasn't so expensive, as McNeely's music for that was a lot of fun in the episode. I definitely recommend looking into the shows and the music.

Alright, thanks.

I got The Mummy, Hidalgo, and 50 Years of Disney Music. From the latter, I've only heard the Indy music, but it's a very nice remix.

It's my fourth JG CD, and my fourth JNH CD.

I'm waiting on ...

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

Hitman

The Return Of The King Complete Recordings

... and am looking forward to a JNH holiday with The Great Debater, Charlie Wilson's War, The Water Horse, and I Am Legend.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Danny Elfman

The main titles to Charlie/Chocolate Factory is really really great. The rest of the score is good too, but the main titles are excellent!

Still waiting on nutcracker, I might get NBNW, and I'm bidding on a CD on eBay.

Bought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Twin Peaks, ordered N by NW Complete Score and Magic Fire from the latest VS Soundtrack Club batch (yesterday) and TLotR - TRotK Complete Recordings (today).

51rE8rgObYL._AA240_.jpg

Very good. I saw Hunchback a couple of years ago (want to see it again) and wanted to get the score since then. Now, can anyone tell my why the cue Thank You Mother of God is so familiar to me? It must have been used in some later movie, because while I couldn't recall the rest of the score, I know the fanfare bit in the middle of this track perfectly well.

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (Ennio Morricone): This is my first Morricone score. So far, I've only heard up to track 5, Il Ponte Di Corde (whatever that means). The main titles are brilliant, the rest is okay (so far). I was wondering if anybody has a translation.

Gladiator (Hans Zimmer): Haven't heard any of this yet, but I look forward to it.

Oh, and koray, notice I've ordered Chicken Run.

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (Ennio Morricone): This is my first Morricone score. So far, I've only heard up to track 5, Il Ponte Di Corde (whatever that means). The main titles are brilliant, the rest is okay (so far). I was wondering if anybody has a translation.

You need to just listen to the whole thing, from start to finish. There are great moments spread throughout the score. The last three tracks are fantastic. But really, listen to the whole thing. As for the track titles, these were posted at Intrada or FSM a while ago, they seem to make sense.

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Main Title)

2. The Sundown

3. Sentenza

4. Escape on Horseback

5. The Rope Bridge

6. The Fort [mis-translated as "The Strong" on some versions of the album]

7. Pursuit

8. The Desert

9. The Carriage of the Spirits

10. The Mission San Antonio

11. Father Ramirez

12. March

13. The Story of a Soldier

14. The Military Train

15. The Death of a Spy

16. The One-Armed Bandit

17. Two Against Five

18. March without Hope [mis-translated as "Marcia without Hope" on some versions]

19. The Death of a Soldier

20. The Ecstasy of Gold

21. The Trio

The Nutcracker: I love "Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy," "Russian Dance," and more. It seems like very nice Christmas music.

This is the version I got: http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Nutcrack...601&sr=8-10

This Tchaikovsky guy is a hack. He ripped his music from JW's "Home Alone" :lol: