Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a post over at FSM the Varese CD's started shipping last week because someone received them either Friday or Saturday.

According to a post over at FSM the Varese CD's started shipping last week because someone received them either Friday or Saturday.

Did any of you guys get email confirmations if NBNW shipped yet, because I never got one.

?Bonus track?

Ah, you're right! But it's stinking album only, what the hell!!

Yes, I was very pissed too. Overall, I think about $60 went into me getting this score. I've mentioned it before, maybe you recall. I can send you the bonus track if you like indy4, or to anyone else who wants it.

ROTK complete recordings arrived today along with Stromberg / Morgan recordings of Fahrenheit 451 and Mysterious Island.

I'm very impressed with the recordings of F 451 and MI. The liner notes are very informative and full of material.

I'm very impressed with the recordings of F 451 and MI. The liner notes are very informative and full of material.

Really? It's taking me a while to get into Mysterious Island.

- Lots of movie of by French director François Ozon. Hope some of them are good.

- Glengarry Glen Ross DVD

- I'm delving into the old repertoire of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young because I've heard a song of them that I like, namely, Guinnevere.

- I got free HD-DVDs of 300 and The Bourne Supremacy.

Does anyone know if Story Of A Woman by John Williams is rare at all? I know it was never released, but there is this guy who wants to trade with me. Usually I would say no because it's with CD-Rs and I don't like that, but is it worth it for this score?

Maybe Miguel can help me out on this one.

Do any of you European folks have "Dylan" by none other than Bob Dylan? I always knew about it but never realized it was never released to the North American market. If any one does, or if anyone knows where it can be found, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I have yet been helped on Story Of A Woman! Someone help me!!!

I cannot answer any of your quesitons, koray, sorry.

North by Northwest just arrived. The action/main title music is great, I could totally see this becoming my favorite Herrmann score once I hear it more (thought I only have 2 others)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Horton Hears a Who: Haven't heard it yet, but looking forward to it!

Listening to The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. My brother has literally 5 packages of CD's and DVD's in his room waiting to be opened. I only got to open Jesse James because the package said Hong Kong and he told me to open it because it was supposed to be from Britain. Good thing the CD wasn't sealed in any way!

Anyway...It's a fantastic score. I know someone else here (Morlock?) who really liked it as well.

He won't open them because he can't! He's away at college right now, he comes home every now and then on the weekends. He doesn't allow me to open any of his stuff, I don't blame him, I wouldn't want a younger sibling enjoying things I paid for when I can't.

So in a few days I'll have that Pirates Collection Box, Hitman, Alien Intrada, and Pirates 3 blu-ray to watch :huh:

Good. Now get the Deluxe Edition of Total Recall. :)

Ah yes, a hole in my collection that needs to be filled too. Along with more Goldsmith. You can't have too much Goldsmith.

Yes you can. :)

I have everything that has ever been made commercially available of his, and more so. :D

Good. Now get the Deluxe Edition of Total Recall. :)

Ah yes, a hole in my collection that needs to be filled too. Along with more Goldsmith. You can't have too much Goldsmith.

Yes you can. :)

I have everything that has ever been made commercially available of his, and more so. :D

I'm making progress. I'll get Alien after Christmas. I'm still needing Total Recall, though. And The Omen.

You and I are alike, although instead of Goldsmith, I own every commercially available Hans Zimmer/Remote Control score, and more so :)

In that case you are not alike at all.

Other then Goldsmith, the following composers I can say without question I own all of their commercially released scores, and then some are John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Danny Elfman, James Horner and John Barry. ROTFLMAO

Other then Goldsmith, the following composers I can say without question I own all of their commercially released scores, and then some are John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Danny Elfman, James Horner and John Barry. ;)

Wow, that is impressive. You must have an enormous salary.

Every one?

Why aren't you over at hanszimmer.com right now?

I've expressed my feelings on the HZ Forum before. And I think you are omitting the fact that John Williams, to me, is and will always be the best film composer ever.

I own every commercially released item for Nicholas Hooper.

:)

Well, my brother is finally home for the holidays, which means I can finally listen to that pile of scores!

Alien Intrada Edition 2CD

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

Hitman, which surprisingly included an extra booklet signed by Geoff Zanelli ;)

Navajo Joe FSM Limited Edition

Pirates Of The Caribbean Soundtrack Treasures Collection

The Tudors

...and of course, my Images arrived today :)

It's pretty good. Nice, long suites. Although of the 15 new tracks, only 8 are actual score pieces. The rest are crappy remixes. Not worth the $60 that my brother paid, but he's a hardcore Zimmer fan, probably the biggest HZ fan you can ever imagine.

If you want, indy4, I can send you the 8 tracks.

Indy4 where to you get all the money for these scores? It seems like you get 5 new scores a week.

Yeah, lol, that's mainly because I'm new to the world of soundtracks. I've been calling them my favorite type of music for several years, but it wasn't until this year that I started buying so many of them. Before this, there was nothing I really wanted to spend my money on (not counting the essentials). An occasional thing here or there, but nothing that I was collecting or really buying on a standard basis. If you notice the scores I'm buying, you'll probably note that you own all of them (or most of them). I mean, Lady In The Water, Mission: Impossible, Witches of Eastwick, you probably own all of these already. Most people around here do, probably. You've all probably spent much more money on soundtracks than I have in your life time, I'm just condensing all those purchases into a short amount of time, because I am so frequently told that certain scores are good and worth buying on this board. I guess you could think of it this way: I used to have nothing to buy with my leftover money, at which time most of you were buying occasional soundtracks. Now, all that money I've saved up is being spent left and right for all the soundtracks you've already bought. I bet you half the soundtracks on my list are ones that most of you already have.

Another thing to keep in mind: the soundtracks on this list are almost always used. The only new one on the List right now is Jaws 3-D. Most of them are from Amazon, but when you see a certain soundtrack labeled as "Recieved," it means I bought it at a store or recieved it as a gift, so there was no waiting for it. The store I buy them from has a great used section, I've gotten soundtracks (in near mint condition) as cheap as $1.95 from that store. So while you guys were buying them new as they first came out, I'm settling for the slightly worn down, but much cheaper stuff.

That's probably way more than you need or want to know, but that's the answer to your question. :)

Just got my SAE order....Already skimmed Navajo Joe (Fantastic), Hour of the Gun (ditto), As You Like it (Surpisngly good effort from Doyle), and Conti's Gloria (Very nice stuff in there). Still to go are Beyond the Gates (Marienelli), The Tall Man, By Love Possessed, and The Magic Flute.

probably the biggest HZ fan you can ever imagine

I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.

My brother has spent more than 1,000 dollars on Hans Zimmer. Hell, he spent $60 just for The Simpsons Movie, another $60 for the Pirates Treasures Collection just for 15 tracks of new music. Can you imagine a bigger Hans Zimmer fan?

My brother has spent more than 1,000 dollars on Hans Zimmer. Hell, he spent $60 just for The Simpsons Movie, another $60 for the Pirates Treasures Collection just for 15 tracks of new music. Can you imagine a bigger Hans Zimmer fan?

Hans Zimmer himself.

Just did a small trade. I got:

The Illustrated Man, The Planets, The Adventures Of Robin Hood, Brotherhood Of The Wolf, Dracula: Dead And Loving It, Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire, Death Becomes Her, Gone With The Wind, Images CrusherComix Bootleg, The Music Of M-Squad, and John Williams: Jazz Beginnings 2CD.

He has like every single John Williams score. Recently reading that really old thread about this forum being the best, I saw that he actually used to post here. Back when I was Trading Lists only, I did a trade with him. He makes his own bootlegs and complete scores, I got his Family Plot and Cinderella Liberty in trade for an Earthquake cassette I got. This guy I'm trading with had his version of Images on his list so I decided to get it. I bet you already knew all that, but I like to rant.