Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Henry - the original London recording of Les Mis is great! Good purchase! Roger Allum (Javert) is just amazing.

I got Images and Monsignor for Christmas and haven't had any time to listen to them yet! It's driving me crazy.

Wow, I gave Lady In The Water a good listen, it is AMAZING!!! "The Healing" is great, especially at 2:22. I got shivers listening to it!!! Charades and the GReat Ealton are amazing tracks, too. A great JNH score.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Complete Recordings just arrived (I asked for it for Christmas, my parents mistakenly got me FOTR CR again). I look forward to hearing it tommorrow, it is probably the most anticipated release of this year for me.

Far and Away

The Land Race is one of JW's best cues!

Received Charlie Wilson's War today, haven't listened yet. Also got NT: Book Of Secrets, listening to that now. Just ordered: Blade Runner 25th Anniversary 3CD, The Water Horse, and I Am Legend.

I've been trying to find Charlie Wilson's war online (try before you buy kinda thing) but haven't had any luck yet. I believe I Am Legend isn't released for another couple of weeks but I've 'got hold' of the very good end credits suite (you know what to do if you want it).

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Complete Recordings just arrived

Where did you order it?

Amazon. It really shipped quickly. I ordered it on Christmas Eve, it arrived within 6 days of when I ordered it.

Amazon. It really shipped quickly. I ordered it on Christmas Eve, it arrived within 6 days of when I ordered it.

That's where I got the three box sets from also. Return of the King is my favourite score of the trilogy. :P

Which Amazon? I thought all Amazons say it won't be available until February at the earliest.

Which Amazon? I thought all Amazons say it won't be available until February at the earliest.

Amazon.com ---> The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (The Complete Recordings) [sOUNDTRACK] [bOX SET] [COLLECTOR'S EDITION]

North by Northwest is brilliant.

Question about Sweeney Todd: Do the songs give away any spoilers about the movie? In other words, should I wait until after I see the movie to get the soundtrack, or could I get it before?

Question about Sweeney Todd: Do the songs give away any spoilers about the movie? In other words, should I wait until after I see the movie to get the soundtrack, or could I get it before?

Wait till you have seen the film. The songs have loads of spoilers.

For us folks here in London though, it's a little hard to not already know the story behind Sweeney Todd. My older cousin use to scare me to death with the stories in fact when I was a kid... "The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is going to get you!". :P

Well, I already know how it ends. I saw a stupid spoiler on Wiki, I wasn't even searching up the movie, it was totally on accident. Anyways, all I know is that

Sweeney dies

. That's all I know, though, so don't tell me anything else.

I'm pretty mad I read it, but oh well.

I think you should see the film first, because the songs are the film. But you should definitely pick it up, I love Epiphany!

Ok, that I shall.

Thanks koray and Henry and Goldsmith Fanatic

And may I reccomend the original cast recording? There is a lot of music that never made it into the film (most notably The Ballad of Sweeney Todd and some fun material in A Little Priest).

Ok, that I shall.

Thanks koray and Henry and Goldsmith Fanatic

And may I reccomend the original cast recording? There is a lot of music that never made it into the film (most notably The Ballad of Sweeney Todd and some fun material in A Little Priest).

No, you cannot reccomend anything to me.

:P

I think I'll see the movie then get the soundtrack, and if I like what I hear, I'll probably get the original cast recording, as well.

North by Northwest is brilliant.

Get the original cast recording, with Cariou and Landsbury. It's way superior.

Enjoy NBNW, it's brilliant!

Got 'em, they're both magnificent! :devil: What a great after-New-Year's present! :D

Flying to London today, expecting to buy some more great stuff there ... :):P:D

Well, I bought The Water Horse! My eight JNH soundtrack.

I also got Independence Day and The Magnificent Seven, both the first soundtrack of each composer that I own.

EDIT: Wow, all of them have liner notes, I struck gold!

I just spent 66 bucks ordering four CDs online. Well, I've already used up one of my Christmas giftcards (and went a little over) , and I still have four more CDs on my "to buy" list. Not the best way to start 2008. . . . ;)

Oh, and in the time I spent ordering, I really got to listen to ID"4" and TWH. They're both great scores, the latter being magnificent!

I am! I think he's truly brilliant. He's my fourth favrite composer

Ditto.

My top 5:

1) Jerry Goldsmith

2) John Williams

3) James Horner

4) James Newton Howard

5) Alan Silvestri

When it comes to Newton Howard, I really wish they would release his score to "My Girl".

I've been wanting that released ever since I first saw the film, all you currently have is the theme that is on the commercial soundtrack.

I am! I think he's truly brilliant. He's my fourth favrite composer, but Hans and Danny better watch their backs, he's coming up!

You like Zimmer more than JNH?

Oh dear....

1. John Williams

2. Danny Elfman

3. Hans Zimmer

4. James Newton Howard

But I have a rather small collection of all of those composers (except JW), so when I get more of their scores, it is quite possible for change.

I am! I think he's truly brilliant. He's my fourth favrite composer, but Hans and Danny better watch their backs, he's coming up!

You like Zimmer more than JNH?

Oh dear....

He likes Zimmer more than most composers.

I do like Elfman's work, the problem is out of everything he has ever done, I still go for the same two scores.

Batman and Edward Scissorhands are both excellent.

They are the top scores by him I listen to the most and rate with top marks also.

Third and Fourth place going to Batman Returns and Black Beauty. :blink:

He still hasn't topped Batman nor Edward Scissorhands, and I'm starting to think he never will.

Heck, I listen to his song "Weird Science" from his days in Oingo Boingo more then I do his other remaining scores. :)

Compared to how much Goldsmith and Williams I listen to per year, 20-30 scores between them straight through, Elfman just doesn't cut it enough for me. I own pretty much all of Elfman's scores that have been released, and I've listened to them all right the way through. In the end it just comes down to a matter of personal taste.

I would recommend Danny Elfman's Sommersby.

I've heard Sommersby, I know it quite well. I liked the film also.

I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it that much these days though. However... Seen as I don't have anything to do right now, I'll think I'll give it another listen. :)