Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

I'll buy two cd's this year, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter.

I have too many scores, getting ready to cull the lot of them.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to express interest in picking up the leftovers.

Not much thrilling going on in buying CDs for me recently, although I did order The Legend of Butch and Sundance by Basil Poledouris. Can't wait to have that one in my hands. <_<

believe it or not, there comes a time when you realize you have just too much damned stuff, and Im long past that point.

Anyone need a nearly complete set of Jaws 2 bubblegum cards.

I may be imagining it, but the additional tracks seem to be at a lower volume than the ones from the original album. Did you notice that? Doesn't really bother me though, and I still play the album all the time.

There's a wonderful bit in "The Trio" that wasn't in the film, from 4:28 to the end. The film version is much faster and without the trumpet. Shame, because that's one of my favourite bits on the album. :(

I'll buy two cd's this year, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter.

Thank god most film music is crappy these days, that's spared me from purchasing alot of unneccessary junk.

Although you have a valid point. Turning 40 in a few weeks has made me realize that I have too much crap. I've trimmed my collection down as well.

One of my friends who's sort of into soundtracks let me borrow his copy of Halo 3 soundtrack. Eh, it's not that great, though I've only heard most of disk one. Some interesting stuff, but I doubt I'll get it.

One of my friends who's sort of into soundtracks let me borrow his copy of Halo 3 soundtrack. Eh, it's not that great, though I've only heard most of disk one. Some interesting stuff, but I doubt I'll get it.

The Halo scores are nothing impressive. Martin O'Donnell is the guy's name I think. I have his wretched score to the video game Oni. It was one of the first games for PS2, and the score was available at Best Buy free with purchase of the game. Well, I never got the game but a few months ago I saw it in Best Buy selling for 1 cent so I decided to get it.

The Halo scores are nothing impressive. Martin O'Donnell is the guy's name I think. I have his wretched score to the video game Oni. It was one of the first games for PS2, and the score was available at Best Buy free with purchase of the game. Well, I never got the game but a few months ago I saw it in Best Buy selling for 1 cent so I decided to get it.

You one said something else about 1 cent deals at Best Buy (I think it was for Medal of Honor). When was this???

Magical Mystery Tour- The Beatles

;)

Probably the most eccentric Beatles album. Not a great all-around album, but some classic cuts ('Baby, You're a rich man', 'Your mother should know', 'Fool on the hill', and, of course, 'I am the Walrus').

I would place every Beatles album amongst the greatest albums of all time. Magical Mystery Tour is a classic. The only throw away is "Blue Jay Way," but what can you expect its an early George tune.

You one said something else about 1 cent deals at Best Buy (I think it was for Medal of Honor). When was this???

Yeah. I got Medal Of Honor: Underground for 1 cent. This was a long time ago, around mid-90's when the game came out. Best Buy also used to have promo DVD's for 1 cent, I used to get a bunch just so I could use the extra cases.

I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore.

The Essential Harry Potter Film Music Collection - Silva Screen. For the excellent additional rerecordings of the concert versions.

The Ipcress File, finally.

The Black Dahlia. Just listening to this, splendid album! Thought it probably wasn't worth buying after a first viewing of the film, but quickly decided I had to have this during my second viewing.

Batman Begins: I'm really enjoying this so far. Eptesicus sounds like typical JNH, very beautiful, and Myotis sounds like typical Zimmer, very exciting. I'm really looking forward to finishing this (I'm only on Myotis so far). My 9th HZ soundtrack and 14th JNH soundtrack.

You really should divert some of your funds into buying more Golden Age stuff, Indy

Some Golden Age stuff I like (like some Herrmann stuff), but other stuff I just don't. My To Buy List has two GA scores on it, The Day The Earth Stood Still, but the rest is newer stuff like Field of Dreams, Presumed Innocent, Amistad, and some others. Marnie is in the second one, but it's pretty low down on my priorities, as nothing in the score blew me away when I saw the film.

I would certainly like to get from those. But based on my current score collection, I like modern stuff more than GA stuff. I would still like to get more, mind you, because my GA collection is pitiful, but first I'm going to get my top priority scores. But getting more GA scores is defenetly one of my long term goals.

indy4 - who doesn't have anything by Rozsa, Barry, or North (except a couple induvidual iTunes bought cues)

You should listen to some Uematsu, Indy4. I bet you would like it, and I know it's better than a lot of modern film scores at the moment.

The Black Dahlia. Just listening to this, splendid album! Thought it probably wasn't worth buying after a first viewing of the film, but quickly decided I had to have this during my second viewing.

A fantastic album. I hated the film, but I almost saw it again for the score. Almost.

Get Ben-Hur, Spellbound, El Cid, The Lion in Winter, Dances with Wolves, Spartacus, Cleopatra, as soon as you can. They're consumate masterpieces

I will certainly try, but like I said, they are not top priority soundtracks at the moment.

You should listen to some Uematsu, Indy4. I bet you would like it, and I know it's better than a lot of modern film scores at the moment.

I had never heard of him until now, and I just looked him up on imdb. I don't know, as I have never really liked video game music (though I haven't heard too much of video games music) that much, but I would certainly like to give him a shot. But as mentioned earlier, there are a lot of other higher priority scores I'll try to get first. It probably won't be in the near future, but I will try.

And thanks both of you for the great input! :angry:

I have a question about Batman Begins: what's this "secret message" hidden in the track titles?

I just got the Mary Poppins 2 CD SE. I've only heard the first two tracks, but I absolutely LOVE it so far. I remember some of the other songs from the film, but some I've forgotten. Such a timeless film, I think the same will go for the score.

I got Aladdin too. I'm really enjoying these childrens' musicals recently. First Pocahontas, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, I hope I can get some more soon. I haven't heard this one yet, but I'm looking forward to. My second Menken score.

Night at the Museum: I saw it earlier today, the score sounded pretty good, so I bought it at the CD store. Haven't heard it yet, but I'm excited to. My 5th Silvestri score.

To Buy List: Field of Dreams, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Star Trek Original Series Soundtracks, Star Trek: The Motion Picture 2 CD Edition, Presumed Innocent, Amistad, Back to the Future (Debney rerecording), Poltergeist, Marnie, Earthquake, and a couple Golden Ages and Uematsa scores. :fouetaa:

I have a question about Batman Begins: what's this "secret message" hidden in the track titles?

1. Vespertilio

2. Eptesicus

3. Myotis

4. Barbastella

5. Artibeus

6. Tadarida

7. Macrotus

8. Antrozous

9. Nycteris

10. Molossus

11. Corynorhinus

12. Lasiurus

A fantastic album. I hated the film, but I almost saw it again for the score. Almost.

Yep, the score is fantastic. Unforunately it's still on my 'to-buy' list, but I hope I will eventually purchase it soon.

:fouetaa: That's very clever, I like that!

I'm afraid it's the only smart thing on that album.

Do you have any Poledouris, Indy?

If you don't, get your hands on Conan as soon as you can and forget about every other score buying priority. It's one of the very best scores of all time.

1. Vespertilio

2. Eptesicus

3. Myotis

4. Barbastella

5. Artibeus

6. Tadarida

7. Macrotus

8. Antrozous

9. Nycteris

10. Molossus

11. Corynorhinus

12. Lasiurus

That really freak, (the tracks being bat genera) and good anti-spoiler...

But really, i prefer more classic titles.

Do you have any Poledouris, Indy?

If you don't, get your hands on Conan as soon as you can and forget about every other score buying priority. It's one of the very best scores of all time.

And Starship Troopers.

I think indy4 should stick to his priorities. You all keep telling him to buy stuff that he already said has little interest in. Telling him to go buy a Golden Age score right now and to forget all his other plans is like telling someone to forget their dream and do something you think is better.

I agree that Golden Age is mostly overrated. Except Herrmann and maybe one or 2 odd other scores.

Stefan, my friend... Are you sure you never heard of Rozsa and North and Waxman?

I mean, this guys created the foundations for the music to come! You can't say that you love Star Wars and disregard the work of Williams predecessors.

Hey, Rozsa and North were even very close to you favorite, Godsmith!

And above all, this were men that really knew there job as little do nowadays... They knew their music, they could write it all, and need no computers or army orchestrators and arrangers to do it for them.