Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of:

David Arnold - Godzilla 2cd

John Williams - Images (finally - spectacular score)

Carles Cases - Amor Idiota

John Scott - Antony and Cleopatra

Roque Bańos - The Crimes of Oxford

Alberto Iglesias - Lucia y el sexo

Patrick Doyle - Henry V & As You Like It

John Williams - Images (finally - spectacular score)

Indeed it is.

Blood Moon is one of JW's best tracks... I also like the main theme very much. The rest of the score is a hell of a musical adventure.

Blood Moon is one of JW's best tracks... I also like the main theme very much. The rest of the score is a hell of a musical adventure.

Is the sound quality significantly better than the old LP rip?

Is the sound quality significantly better than the old LP rip?

I haven't heard the rip one. This one is the vinyl rip too, but after some digital mastering and restoration. How does it compare to the previous? I have no idea.

It's not a rip of the original vinyl release. It's taken from the vinyl masters, not the vinyl itself, and thus is higher in quality.

The new Images release sounds just fine. I've never heard the old LP rip either, but I'm sure it's miles better.

John- waiting for his package from Amazon with The Omen Trilogy

The Dark Knight. Signed by Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard.

I think I'd prefer having them (separately) signed The Thin Red Line and The Village... :beerchug: The Dark Knight OST surprisingly sucks more than I expected. :|

This just in:

Bernstein Box

Iron Eagle (Poledouris)

Alias & Alias S2 (Giacchino)

Medicine Man (Goldsmith)

100 Rifles (Goldsmith)

More stuff coming from Play (mostly DVDs though)

I think I'd prefer having them (separately) signed The Thin Red Line and The Village... ;) The Dark Knight OST surprisingly sucks more than I expected. :blink:

Well I got The Thin Red Line, Blood Diamond, and Signs signed.

I think I'd prefer having them (separately) signed The Thin Red Line and The Village... ;) The Dark Knight OST surprisingly sucks more than I expected. :(

Well I got The Thin Red Line, Blood Diamond, and Signs signed.

:(

Yes, because I pre-ordered it and they were going to start shipping on June 30th. I'm surprised it took them two-and-a-half weeks just to ship the damn thing.

Oh well.

Is that a reason to frown upon ...?

Just bought Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess.

The promotional disc with a measly seven tracks? You'd be better off downloading the full score...

The promotional disc with a measly seven tracks? You'd be better off downloading the full score...

Or has the whole thing finally been released? I still think it might be the best Zelda score yet.

My Omen Trilogy box arrived today. I am prepared to be spooked and not to listen in the dark.

Or has the whole thing finally been released?

Doesn't look like it.

Or has the whole thing finally been released?

Doesn't look like it.

Yeah, it's not at gamemusic.com either. Bugger.

My Omen Trilogy box arrived today. I am prepared to be spooked and not to listen in the dark.

Did you get it from Amazon? $16 for 3 scores is a steal.

Damn skippy. I picked up a classic Doctor Who DVD too cause...I pretty much always do whenever I get something from Amazon. :rolleyes:

The Dark Knight: My 17th JNH score, 10th HZ score, 2nd JNH/HZ score. I hated the first score (apart from 3 tracks), but I'm hoping this one is better. And it sounded good in context of the film, so we'll see.

Star Trek: First Contact: My 5th JG soundtrack, my 3rd Star Trek soundtrack.

That reminds me, I still have to listen to Cinderella Liberty.

I have 101 Goldsmith entries in my Amarok. That does include duplicates like original and re-releases (though I didn't rip the obsolete originals of which I already had the re-releases) and stuff like The Wind and the Lion which I split into separate entries for score, album and source music. I never bothered to split the Varese Box though, so that kinda compensates.

Ordered these soundtracks a while back.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

This is easily one of my top JNH scores. I love the turn it takes in the second half. The Crystal Chamber is excellent!

John Williams' Classic Film Scores - Close Encounters of The Third Kind and Star Wars

After listening to this I knew I had to get Gerhardt's other Star Wars rerecordings. I love it! It's like listening to a Star Wars symphony.

Seven Years in Tibet

And I just ordered from MovieMusic:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (Gerhardt rerecording)

Primal (Video-game soundtrack)

Son of Kong/The Most Dangerous Game

Also:

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - The Symphonic Suite (Gerhardt rerecording)

It's a bit strange to hear the music in such crisp, clear quality. I love the oldish sound the original had,

I have 101 Goldsmith entries in my Amarok. That does include duplicates like original and re-releases (though I didn't rip the obsolete originals of which I already had the re-releases) and stuff like The Wind and the Lion which I split into separate entries for score, album and source music. I never bothered to split the Varese Box though, so that kinda compensates.

I've got 71 Goldsmith albums (CD sets counted as one album), without older releases and duplicates. Probably a dozen or so of those.

Just got back from a very busy vacationing week, and was treated with both my Varese and Intrada orders waiting for me. They are as follows:

Varese:

The Bernstein set (15th Bernstein)

The War of the Roses/ The Sandlot (5th David Newman)

The Happening (23rd JNH)

Pleasantville (10th Randy Newman)

Intrada:

The Private Lives of Sherlock Holmes (ashamed to say, my first hard copy of a Rozsa score)

Cinderella Liberty (According my current filing, my 85th Williams album...but that sounds low to me)

Scorpio (My first Jerry Fielding).

Very nice and varied haul, methinks.

I noticed I have only around 90 Williams entries in my collection; but then, most of them are lengthier, and I don't think I have as many duplicates as I do for Goldsmith.

Speaking of nice hauls, I'm enjoying my SAE discs a lot. In fact, I'm so taken with the Goldsmiths and Giacchinos, I've hardly had time to listen to the Bernsteins and the Poledouris. The Alias scores in particular are standouts, I now remember why I'd classified them as Giacchinos best work so far. They make me want to re-watch the series...

10th HZ score [... ] My 5th JG soundtrack

Oh my.

I have 140+ Goldsmith scores.... :cool:

I have 141.
I have 32

I have... 2 + a 1cd compilation album. Fortunatelly I listened to more scores than I own. Nevertheless I must seriously enlarge my JG collection fast...

What cds are these?

Mine are Star Trek TMP and The Russia House. If I buy another JG album, it'll definitely be either Chinatown or Papillon. I must listen to Poltergeist, it's so praised and I haven't listened to anything more than just one cue from the compliation album.

Let's see, my Goldsmith:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (20th Ann. and complete)

Star Trek V (OST and DVD rip)

Star Trek: First Contact (OST and complete)

Star Trek: Insurrection (OST and complete)

Star Trek: Nemesis (OST and complete)

Air Force One (complete)

The Mummy (complete)

Alien (Intrada)

The Omen Trilogy (Varese)

I'm slowly getting there. The Wind and The Lion and Total Recall are next on the list. Is the deluxe/expanded/complete/whatever Total Recall still in print?