Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

What happened to it?

When I was younger I didn't take care of my CD's too well (plus back then didn't really care), so most of them (99%) ended up getting destroyed before I moved. Now that I'm older I do take care of them (and care about them) and I had to rebuy all the ones I once had. Unfortunately I still haven't rebought them all yet as other scores have top priority (damn limited editions lol). I think I had close to 50 or so CD's back then.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 'who would', but just... how?

1000 CDs takes up a lot of space, unless he stuffed them in an overhead locker, and just forgot about themmm.. hey, does anyone work for an airline, we need to start searching planes!

Not 'who would', but just... how?

1000 CDs takes up a lot of space, unless he stuffed them in an overhead locker, and just forgot about themmm.. hey, does anyone work for an airline, we need to start searching planes!

I think you would know....

Well all the CD's were in one of those binder thingys. 1,000 is exaggerating, but it was definitely a few hundred. He put them all in there with the inserts. I remember he had the Tomorrow Never Dies score, I found the back insert of that lying around the house.

Anyway... I bought Bob Dylan's Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 8. I want the Deluxe Edition, which comes in a nice box with an 8x8 color booklet and an extra disc of music. The standard release was $15, this deluxe treatment is $115. No thanks, I'll get that extra music some other way.

Well all the CD's were in one of those binder thingys. 1,000 is exaggerating, but it was definitely a few hundred.

I hope he kicked himself in the butt after he realized he left that on the plane. If it were me I would have really made sure I had it before I stepped off that plane.

I think pretty much all of them were free promos my father's friend gave us. He owns a CD shop, and get shipments of them. The ones I remember off the top of my head were Austin Powers, Blues Brothers 2000, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Face/Off, The Rock, Dinosaur, The World Is Not Enough (I think), Snake Eyes, etc.

And, of course, I'm also waiting for my latest Varese Sarabande order - The Matrix Deluxe, North and South Book II and VS 25th Anniversary Celebration.

Received today. :P Still waiting for Intrada shipment.

Late followup, but I have gotten both of my CDs in. I haven't listened to either one all the way through, but I'm definitely pleased with my purchase. Narrow Margin is definitely a solid thriller score, and Lost in Space has some pretty doggone good sound quality for a 60's TV show. I'm also surprised at how much later Williams I can hear in these scores. When I watched the show I didn't catch it, but it's much more clear on CD.

-Ben, who, not having followed previous releases, got the shock of his freaking life when he found out that the Family theme was not composed by Williams.

I recently re-bought Back To The Future Part 3's OST. I bought my copy from Steef, so definitely can't wait to receive it.

BTW Delorean90, I sent you a PM please respond. Thanks.

I just placed my pre-order for the Indy Box Set at SAE. The perk of buying it there was that I could use Paypal, and also place Once Upon a Time in the West: Definitive on the same order, and I threw 1941 in for the hell of it because it was cheap. I know I'll have to wait until the Indy is filled to get the other two, but I don't mind one bit.

Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys.

I was going to order the Morricone from Intrada, and I saw that the Indy box set showed up at Intrada as well, but they didn't have a picture so I was uneasy. Having a Paypal option sealed the deal for SAE. I can see myself spending a lot there without batting an eyelash, thinking it's not real money, so I better be careful...they have Ghostbusters for $100....Oh I want....

I saw that the Indy box set showed up at Intrada as well, but they didn't have a picture so I was uneasy.

Good call, they might've been trying to trick you.

:P

Pre-ordered The Day Of The Dolphin from SAE.

Let us know if the sound quality is any better than the old SLC. The theme is pure gaelic Delerue gorgeousness.

Listenend to some 60's beat'n funk stuff:

Svezia - Inferno é Paradiso (Piero Umiliani)

Scusi Facciamo L'amore (Ennio Morricone)

Italians rule!

Pre-ordered The Day Of The Dolphin from SAE.

Let us know if the sound quality is any better than the old SLC. The theme is pure gaelic Delerue gorgeousness.

Listenend to some 60's beat'n funk stuff:

Svezia - Inferno é Paradiso (Piero Umiliani)

Scusi Facciamo L'amore (Ennio Morricone)

Italians rule!

That they do. I've never heard of the Morricone score you listened to. Any good? How does it compare to his other stuff?

Are you implying that I am unaware of the fact that we are discussing film composer Ennio Morricone? And, upon reading my previous post, I can understand how some may interpret it in ways I did not mean for it to be interpreted....

Are you implying that I am unaware of the fact that we are discussing film composer Ennio Morricone? And, upon reading my previous post, I can understand how some may interpret it in ways I did not mean for it to be interpreted....

Have you listened to the score mentioned?

Jaws 3-D? Oh dear....

It's actually not a bad score. Nothing amazing, but not bad at all. The film, on the other hand, is the worst in the Jaws Series.

Jaws 3-D? Oh dear....

It's actually not a bad score. Nothing amazing, but not bad at all. The film, on the other hand, is the worst in the Jaws Series.

You deserve a kick in the *ss if you think Jaws The Revenge is a better film than Jaws 3.

I agree completely with Nick.

On a technical level, Jaws: The Revenge is one of the worst films every made. However, it is so bad it is fun to watch and laugh at.

Jaws 3-D was a major snooze-fest.

Your original post was ["Jaws: Revenge" is terrible.]

Then indy4 said [However, it is so bad it is fun to watch and laugh at.]

Then you changed your post to [However, "Jaws: Revenge" is terrible in a disgustingly entertaining way.]

I could just be remembering incorrectly. But I'm almost 100% certain that you didn't say the "disgustingly entertaining" part the first time. That's why I said I agree with Mark and Nick, because you both said it was bad.