Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

Specially if it is score which you are not very familiar with. I think I´ve got enough Stargate music for the time being.

Romão, who normally prefers the non expanded editions of scores he doesn´t know very well.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's especially bad when your roommates tend to wake up at 2:00 pm and you want to enjoy some music in the mornings.

Take advantage of the opportunity and kick the lazy gits out of bed by playing some Williams action cues. Loudly. Early. :lol:

Hey, I respect laziness like I respect every other religion.

Hmm still can't send it to you. Click on "Empty PM Folders" You might still have a folder that needs to be emptied out. If one does need to be empitied out then ya...

Yeah, I didn't realize that The Lion in Winter re-recording only had an extra five minutes, but until I watch the film and actually hear what Barry's recording sounds like, I won't be missing it. And the Conan edition was way too expensive for my gift cards.

As a Barry fan, I find both albums worthwhile. The Silva recording is surprisingly good (at least by their standards), I just find myself listening to the OST (or to be more specific, the original album re-recording) more often.

speaking aabout Barry, how good is The Golden Seal?

Take advantage of the opportunity and kick the lazy gits out of bed by playing some Williams action cues. Loudly. Early. :devil:

Hey, there are Williams fans who like sleeping until 2pm when possible.

:( Planet Earth (George Fenton)

• 3 weeks later...

Mysterious Island - Bernard Herrmann

The Big Country - Jerome Moross

A Walk with Love and Death - Georges Delerue

Cape Fear - Bernard Herrmann/Elmer Bernstein

Got a little carried away these past few weeks:

The Vanishing - Goldsmith

Return to Peyton Place - Waxman

Chain Reaction - Goldsmith

Stargate Deluxe Edition - Arnold

Franz Waxman: A Centenary Celebration

The Hindenburg - Shire

A Walk With Love And Death - Delerue

The Big Country - Moross

Cimarron FSM - Waxman

Checkmate/ Rhythm In Motion FSM - Williams

36 Hours FSM - Tiomkin

Diane FSM - Rozsa

Julius Caesar FSM - Rozsa

The Wrong Man FSM - Herrmann

Saddle The Wind FSM - Bernstein

Moonfleet FSM - Rozsa

Prisoner Of Zenda FSM - Newman

I hoped you ordered those Rozsa's after the sale was announced? :)

- Rob, who got David Shire at the Movies, East of Eden and Mysterious Island today :blink:

I hoped you ordered those Rozsa's after the sale was announced? :)

- Rob, who got David Shire at the Movies, East of Eden and Mysterious Island today :blink:

No, I ordered them over a week ago, just haven't got around to posting them.

I was going to pick up any Remastered Bond album I could find at the same store I bought the other ones today. They only had this one:

JB09Golden.jpg

And OHMSS, but I already have that. Oh well. Saved me some money, I guess.

- Marc, who's now only missing DN, TSWLM, OP, LtK, GE, and the official releases of LALD, FYEO, and TND. Acronyms rule!

Yes, it has the word "remastered" on the inlay, visuble through the see-through tray, right next to the cover. You'll also notice they all have the original album cover on the front, but with that black edge around them (as seen above).

Purchased the Following Albums:

bivh9.th.png

silveradofd4.th.png

strtrkif7.th.png

wexx4.th.png

And Downloaded

A New World (James Horner)

Starship Troopers (Basil Poledouris)

Small Soldiers (Jerry Goldsmith)

Merlin (Trevor Jones)

and Cristopher Columbus: The Discovery (Cliff Eidelman)

It's considered to be one of the best of Goldsmith's late scores. In the film, it works wonders. On CD, I think it has some excellent sections, but gets a bit lengthy as a separate listen.

Oh, and there's a little Bruckner 4 quote in there. :)

I did notice the orgasm music everyone always mentions. Very appropriate for the scene, although not the kind of music I'd like to underscore my own experience of that nature. ;)

Ray Barnsbury

It's definitely worth getting, there's still a ton of new music on there, especially the Anakin leaving his mother scene. I love that cue.

Tim

Plus it comes in handy if you are going to make your own correct version.

Where did you get your copy of Trek II at? I haven't seen one in a store for years and the online places have it as OOP.

Amazon.com, pretty pricy too, about $40.

You can get it at buysoundtrax for 13$...

Ya but their shipping might come out to equal the $40.00 price. ;)

Anyways.... when I rebought my copy I got it from ebay. I tried the Amazon Marketplace for a while but all it kept showing up was the damn casette tape version of it. So I searched ebay one day and found it with a BIN for $40.00. It is is a pretty rare and hard to get CD these days.

I bought mine years ago... for regular price. :lol:

I bought it years ago too when it was at regular price. However back then I was more stupider and I didn't know how to take care of my CD's properly and it got shot to hell.

The Changeling 2 CD Deluxe Edition from Percepto.

This may be of some interest to JW fans as Kenneth Wannberg was one of the composers.

I ordered it from Intrada, along with Holly vs. Hollywood, which I've never heard a note of, but surely must be worth $2.99.

I ordered it from Intrada, along with Holly vs. Hollywood, which I've never heard a note of, but surely must be worth $2.99.

I may pick it up when Intrada announces their new CD this week.

I also picked up the new expanded versions of King Solomon's Mines and Quigley Down Under.

Varese was out of Goldsmith's Chain Reaction so I re-ordered it from SAE and finally bought Papillon after all these years.

Pan's Labyrinth, Damien: Omen 2 and Twilight Zone - The Movie (finally my own copy!).

Karol

enjoy that overture, its among Jerry's greatest works.