Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

Bride Of Frankenstein - Franz Waxman

Is that the Silva recording? I've been meaning to pick that up for ages. I only have that terrible-sounding suite of the original recording.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bride Of Frankenstein - Franz Waxman

Is that the Silva recording? I've been meaning to pick that up for ages. I only have that terrible-sounding suite of the original recording.

Yeah it's not too bad. The one cue I wanted lacks the punch I heard at the Houston concert this past weekend. But overall it seems ok.

Sahara_10819.jpg

Enjoyable enough. :(

What did you get? I only see a red X.

Yeah it's not too bad. The one cue I wanted lacks the punch I heard at the Houston concert this past weekend. But overall it seems ok.

I'm guessing that was "The Creation"? I have that on a Silva compilation somwhere, and it's OK, but not as good as Gerhardt's version (on his Waxman album). It's a shame that both tracks leave off the actual cue for when the bride is revealed (the one with the wedding bells - I'm assuming that's on the Silva album elsewhere?).

The Fountain - Clint Mansell

The Painted Veil - Alexandre Desplat

Little Children - Thomas Newman (wow those end credits)

Ocean's 13 - David Holmes

Sahara, by Clint Mansell.

Nicholas Dodd sure did a good job with this one. I liked the way he used Mansell's theme.

Little Children - Thomas Newman (wow those end credits)

Wow indeed.

You bought this on faith? I'm curious as to this one.

You bought this on faith? I'm curious as to this one.

Yeah, I've liked both of his scores (bought the second on faith too) that I didn't think I'd really get burned on it although it's pretty apparent that they're trying to recreate the magic of the first film (which is what I've been reading that they're failing at with the film) with the score but I enjoyed it. There's a handful of really nice tracks but I wish the album was longer.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe FFVIII was the first Fantasy score to feature actual orchestral recordings.

You are correct, the amazing opening piece Liberi Fatali (a choral piece equal to One Winged Angel) and the finale and End Credits. Unfortunately it was also the first FF score to centrally feature a pop-style song. Fortunately the live orchestral component would be expanded to 30 something cues in FFIX.

Warner is having a month long promotion of rock music here, so....

Interesting... I just got all the Muse albums, too. :P

Cool. :D Btw what do you think of the first two albums? They seem a bit harder to get into for me, and lack a bit of the polish shown in Absolution and Black Holes

Burga - who absolutely loves the Morricone influenced Knights of Cydonia (which has a wicked cool Leone-ish video to boot!)

So far, the two I'm listening to most are Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes.... What I like about Muse is that they not only have that strong Glass-type minimalism influence, but at times they actually sound like Hülsbeck (my favourite game composer from the C64 era) with vocals. That's why songs like Bliss and Map of the Problematique are favourites of mine. Knights is great as well, of course, not only for the Morricone trumpets but also for the Queen-type overdub choir. :P

I'd kinda like to hear a Bond song by them...

The Two Towers: The Complete Recordings

Stayed up late last night to finish the whole thing. I'm really glad I bought this. It's fantastic to have the full Battle of Helm's Deep, and there's some really nice unused stuff (Fangorn...yeah, BABY!!). I recommend it.

Mine was fullfilled on the 12th. I usually get the order by the following Saturday or Monday.

It could be because they are behind or maybe the postal service mis-routed it. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape like those at FSM. If it's not here in another week I'll call or e-mail Intrada and ask.

No, I'm rather famous in these circles.

I was reconized several times last year in Ubeda.

I'm sure next month it will probably grieve you a bit when I'll be reconized and you won't be, even though you are the Moderator....

Perhaps I should start spamming my picture around.

Or make a T-shirt or something.

Steal my glory, will you? Bastard!

Enforcer_Aleph038.jpg

I missed Lalo but it was still enjoyable - and jazzy (I was reminded of Conti's Thomas Crown, but not a strong similarity).

Not strictly buying music, but I ordered the R1 of Jumanji last night with Horner's iso score. Not that I'm a huge fan of film or score, but I'm slowly collecting these things. I even bought Final Fantasy for £3 over Easter, just because of the iso.