Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa...have you guys listened beyond the last track? There's a hidden cue that appears to be a full concert arrangement of the Force Theme. Weird choice by LucasFilm.

Actually, it makes sense if you've read some of the leaked plot details regarding the crystal skull's powers.

Whoa...have you guys listened beyond the last track? There's a hidden cue that appears to be a full concert arrangement of the Force Theme. Weird choice by LucasFilm.

That's interesting you say that I'm hearing it to!

I can't believe you all, you disgust me! Illegally attaining the Indy 4 score, sharing it with everyone. This is a disgrace to John Williams! I'm never gonna trade or give out scores again, this is sick.

That's definately the Emperor's theme in Call of the Crystal.

You mean the theme from The Emperor's Tomb? I thought it was a wonderful play by Williams to imitate his imitator, if that makes sense.

That's definately the Emperor's theme in Call of the Crystal.

You mean the theme from The Emperor's Tomb? I thought it was a wonderful play by Williams to imitate his imitator, if that makes sense.

You cannot expect more from a person in his age :)

That's it. My first internet order at play.com. Indiana Jones and the temple of the Crystal Skull

I hope it arrives on time and unscathed. :)

Manuel, happy saving 7.76 €

Ordered Alien (2 CD) and Memoirs of an Invisible Man from SAE and Varese Sarabande - A 30th Anniversary Celebration and North And South from VS. :wave:

Braveheart and

The Sea Hawk: Classic Film Scores of Erich Wolfgang Korngold (The Version with the Extended 15 minute Sea Hawk Suite)

The Emperor's New Groove: I like it. "Pacha's Homecoming" is a beautiful piece, and I love the homage to "Sing,Sing, Sing" (though "Swing, Swing, SWing" is definetly better). My 5th Debney score.

Purchased from Intrada:

WarGames - Arthur B. Rubinstein

Max Dugan Returns - David Shire / I Oughta Be in Pictures - Marvin Hamlisch

Lookin' forward to it!

Max Dugan Returns is a great score. Enjoy! :blink:

If those samples are any indication, I'm sure I will. The opening and closing titles sound like they're worth the purchase on their own!

Haven't listened to I Oughta Be in Pictures yet, but Max Dugan Returns and WarGames are outstanding! The former is a wonderfully feel good score, balancing between orchestral delight and 20s-esque music. The latter is just awesome.

Just bought:

Jesus Freak - 10th Anniversary Edition - DC Talk

My Island - Starflyer 59

I'm thinking about getting Heartbeeps and Accidental Tourist from SAE. That would be my first time ordering from that site. I'm just curious, but how much is the shipping? I'm assuming both CDs would arrive together?

The shipping depends on where you ship to, obviously. The CDs would arrive together (or at least, they never split an order for me so far - once they send me the order without one of the items, because ROTK:CR was unavailable).

LalaLand wasn't so bad either. When I ordered Aquamarine from them they literally shipped it the same day and I recieved it two days later. I was pretty impressed!

Varese's shipping sucks. $6 bucks for a crappy thin slip of cardboard. They don't even put any bubble wrap or anything to protect the CD's.

When I ordered Heartbeeps and Home Alone 2 from them, they were both crammed into a poor cardboard sleeve, Home Alone 2 was broken and both booklets were creased.

I don't think I've ordered from them ever since. It isn't necessary too in the first place. Anything found on Varese can be found on Amazon, with cheaper prices and shipping. Only places like SAE and Intrada have special releases that should be bought from them.

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Cryptology by E.S. Posthumus

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull should arrive tomorrow.

Ordered:

The Accidental Tourist

Stanley & Iris

Still waiting for two packages from VS and SAE. :)

In the meantime, I bought Chopin's Nocturnes and Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition - piano version.

SAE has been very slow in shipping my latest order, and now it's currently in the mail... In the meantime, this arrived from Play:

Indiana_Jones_Skull_Concord.jpg

In time to be listened to once I've seen the movie on Thursday.

SAE has been very slow in shipping my latest order, and now it's currently in the mail... In the meantime, this arrived from Play:

I have just received e-mail that my order has been shipped today. Yaaay! <_<

It's mine! All mine, mine, mine!!!!! I just bought it!!!!! I am holding it in my left hand as I type!!!!!

Now how the hell am I supposed to survive 36 hours not listening to it until after the sneak preview?? :rolleyes:

OK, I'll give track 7 a listen. Just one!!

indyst.jpg

I bought the score to Twister last week. And I pre-ordered the score to Indy 4 at FYE. Which means I'll probably be picking it up at Walmart if I want to have it by this weekend...

I just returned from the CD store, and I bought Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

Holy garbage, I can't believe I'm typing that!!!!!

But I'm not going to listen to it until after I see the film.

That's why you just buy it new from Amazon. You possibly can't get lower prices than Amazon, so just buy it from them! Free shipping while you're at it.

what do you work for them.

to me buying a cd is a tactile experience the same a buying a book. you don't get that from shopping online.

No nothing beats looking thru the soundtrack sections of music stores but buying online is the only way to get most film music these days, especially for younger members starting out, plus alot of the releases I'm interested in are limited and not released in stores.