Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

ashinyobject

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Accidental Tourist

I look forward to hearing it with good sound (I have a download and it sounds dreadful).

I also ordered Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall Skull, just for the heck of it.

- Marc, more excited about hearing The Accidental Tourist than about hearing Indy IV. :)

Does MovieMusic usually take a long time to ship single items? Because it's been over 2 weeks since they supposedly shipped Stargate: Ark of Truth but I haven't gotten it yet. What's weird is the first time I ordered, I got my CDs in like, 3 days. :D

I decided not to order Crystal Skull, although it's possible that might change after I've seen the movie. Even if it's just the evidently crappy album presentation, it just hasn't met my expectations for an Indy score.

To be honest, the only Indy score I'm interested in physically buying at the moment is an expanded Crusade.

Last album I bought? Would have been a digital download of I, Robot.

I decided not to order Crystal Skull, although it's possible that might change after I've seen the movie. Even if it's just the evidently crappy album presentation, it just hasn't met my expectations for an Indy score.

I'm in the middle of my first listen and I already like it much more than I did in the movie.

I'm in the middle of my first listen and I already like it much more than I did in the movie.

It was way too quiet in the movie.

Agreed!

The action music is superb. "Jungle Chase" really sounds like JW in his previous Indy score mode. And Irina's theme is wonderfully evil. There's a bit of dead music on the album, but when it delivers, it really delivers!!!

Well, I personally would have preferred a bit more focus, and more melodic action writing, but there's some good stuff. I'm having to get used to it. I'm still wrapping my brain around the fact that I've seen a new Indy movie! I also tried not to pay too much attention to the music, and just get the whole picture the first time. There are some great highlights in the darker/quieter/majestic moments--basically, the non-action material gets some really good stuff.

The Accidental Tourist

I look forward to hearing it with good sound (I have a download and it sounds dreadful).

I also ordered Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall Skull, just for the heck of it.

- Marc, more excited about hearing The Accidental Tourist than about hearing Indy IV. :)

Don't worry The Accidental Tourist will make you forget KOTCS.

Mutt's Theme is the best, I wish it was used more often.

I do love it. Very swashbuckling.

When presented in the middle of an action cue, Irina's Theme is my favorite new theme. By itself, I think I'd prefer Mutt's Theme. But I also love the Crystal Skull's theme.

Mutt's Theme is the best, I wish it was used more often.

I thought it's the weakest link in the score. A few years ago, Williams used chromatic scales in full harmonisation and counterpoint as phrases during action cues (see TPM). Now, the scales are themes, with no counterpoint and hardly any harmonisation.

I don't get the hype around Iriana's theme - there's nothing in it that makes me start endlessly humming it. In fact, none of the new themes make me want to jump for joy, although Mutt's theme can be kind of fun.

I don't really love Irina's theme as it is (although I do love it's resolution), but I think it's quite great when it builds to those sweeping proportions. I did not like Mutt's theme in the film, but I do like it in the album. It clashes with the style of the film (much like I didn't like the 50's youth stuff in it).

I flat-out love Irina's Theme in its usages in "The Jungle Chase," but I must say that all four concert arrangements are just superb. Wonderful new concert fodder, for sure.

I'm also finding that the more I listen to "The Jungle Chase," the more I like it. I really wish it wasn't cut in the middle, though. I'm also catching some nice little motifs and stuff he's throwing into the action.

I'm also finding that the more I listen to "The Jungle Chase," the more I like it. I really wish it wasn't cut in the middle, though. I'm also catching some nice little motifs and stuff he's throwing into the action.

The complete cue is the highlight of the score.

I haven't warmed up to Irina's theme much yet either, but I love Mutt's theme. I wish it had gotten more play too.

I got a Maurice Jarre card with my latest order which is kinda of interesting because I just saw JW perform Dr. Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia.

I got a bunch of the magnets. I also got a strange card- It's the FSM guys on a card saying "FSM-Out of Print". I also got teh wrong CD by mistake- La Battaglia Di Maratone, instead of The Battle of Algier. SAE of course immediately told me to keep the one I got, and they'll send the correct one with my next order.

The Accidental Tourist, very nice purchase. I also see you ordered Heartbeeps, another fantastic score. You should have added the Varese Club 2CD of Home Alone 2 along with Heartbeeps though.

Ordered Alien (2 CD) and Memoirs of an Invisible Man from SAE and Varese Sarabande - A 30th Anniversary Celebration and North And South from VS. :P

Received the Varese order yesterday. All the stuff is great :lol:, though I haven't yet had the time to listen to it all, of course - it's 8 CDs, after all! :D. But I already do love JNH's Peter Pan Flying theme! :wub:

Still waiting for the SAE order.

As far as I know there is a Blue Box magnet and an SAE magnet.

I have a Blue Box magnet and a "She" magnet.

Marian - also still waiting for his SAE order...

The "She" magnet should be from the new recording of Max Stiener's score from William Stromberg and John Morgan on their Tribute label.

Purchased Serra's "The Fifth Element" the other day. Easily the best stuff he's written. Very misunderstood score by many Soundtrack sites. About a 4/5, 8/10....

Well a board member from MovieMusic was gracious enough to help me out and get the Return Of The King set for me. I have to pay him back but at least I'll be getting it. I will hunt down The Two Towers in July.

Just placed my first SAE order.

SAE is great. Besides Amazon, its my favorite place to order cds from. They always have fast shipping I only wish they had some sort of Super Saver Shipping like Amazon does.

Purchased Serra's "The Fifth Element" the other day. Easily the best stuff he's written. Very misunderstood score by many Soundtrack sites. About a 4/5, 8/10....

The Fifth Element is a great score, Eric Serra is a great composer. I don't care what anyone else says.

Finally bought KotCS soundtrack today. Actually, my girlfriend who went into a CD store got it for me while I was still at work. :P However, it's here now and sounds great ;), I'm overjoyed to be listening to some new Williams after 3 years! :D I really like the new and freshened up version of Raiders March. ;)

None of the images are working for me...but the links reveal three Giacchinos, A Jerry and an Elmer. I got the latter two just last week, and I'm getting season 3 of Lost with my next order.

Whole order came from SAE. Place right after Baby came out, held up because Lost 3 was still on preorder, but this time they still needed a week longer to send it (plus the mail service was slow, too).

The Accidental Tourist (FSM)

The Field (Varese)

The Age of Innocence (Sony Epic)

Complete with Film Composer Collector Card of Maurice Jarre (I was thrilled) and a magnet of "Angel on my Shoulder" by Dimitri Tiomkin.

Arrived in the last week or so:

Baby, Lost Season 3, Crystal Skull, The Echo of Thunder, High Noon.

What a week!

I'm very surprised by Baby. I was expecting a nice score - but what I got is in parts a wonderful cross between Legend, Lionheart and Rambo! :rolleyes: