Witches of Eastwick - CD Errors?

BigMacGyver

Some raged owner of the CD reported the following at the FSM board:

Hi,

I bought today the reissue of Williams' WITCHES OF EASTWICK and put the CD in the player and what happened... I ripped the track 3 on the CD so you can all can hear yourself what is being sold... And I was wondering how come the CDs are so cheap....

Listen carefully in 2:00-3:00 (especially in around 2:20) anyone has experienced the same problem?

Regards

Petr

I didn't include the link to the stuff he ripped (for obvious reasons - if you have to check his clip, go to the FSM or Intrada board) and I would like to hear from other people who can confirm these errors.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who aren't going to buy it since we have the original and don't want to go to another board, what's the problem?

Weird but minimal anomalies that sound like "percussive effects" or "salt shaker" sounds. Those were absent from the previous CD.

Here is the link to the topic at the FSM board.

I had the same error on my CD and so I sent it back to the online store I bought it from. Could there be a bigger problem with the pressing of the score?

The error I had was on track 3 and about at the same time stamp as the one mentioned in the post.

It sounds like a normal CD error from e.g. scratches. No percussive effects just errors like in a bad quality CDR tracks.

Someone at the intrada board posted an email adress of the collector's choice customer service. I can only encourage everyone who has the same problem with his copy to notify the company about the error at mcatalog@ccmusic.com.

This could increase the chances of a re-pressing.

I had this same problem with my copy. I had actually forgotten about it till I saw this thread. But I felt compelled to email Collector's Choice, not that it will do any good probably.