Hook sheet music

muehlopwer

I have an 11 minute medley from the movie Hook by John Williams!

Now my question, does anyone know a good medley for brass band? If yes, where can I find this?

Thanks

muehlopwer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is.....arranged by Frank Bernaerts (who's arrangements are either stunningly crap or extremely good - this is a good one, but accessible to all standards of bands) and available from Bernaerts Music - link to the page and a 1-minute clip along with sample score Here

Delivery from them is usually very good too......

ROTFLMAO

Yes - many of them.....he ranges from bottom-of-the-barrel potboilers (his arrangements of Flashdance, I Can't Get Not Satisfaction, All By Myself, Axel F are utterley dreadful) which he seems to churn out by the dozen and appears to put in very little effort, to top-flight stuff - his Gladiator selection is fine, as is his Harry Potter Suite, Lord of the Rings (which is actually an arrangement of The Breaking of the Fellowship - tell your conductor to muck about with the tempo - it's marked far too slow and "straight"), and he has done a knockout arrangement of Hymn to the Fallen for Brass Band and choir - all available from that site.....

Most music from that site is playable by almost any standard of band, and if you pick the right arrangements they can be bring-the-house-down performance pieces....

Also from the same site, look out for some of Rieks van der Velde's arrangements....similar thing.....some utter crap, but some great stuff.....

• 1 month later...