What have I done?!

A couple of moments ago, I have broken my own rules and violated my own principals. I never thought I could do something like that and still wonder if my decision was the right one. I made it a principle to never spent more than 25 € on a used CD... Never, ever, forever!

Then today, I spotted the japanese edition of Temple of Doom for...

39,99 €!!!

Now you can't imagine my inner fight that followed... it was like King Kong vs. Gozilla, Luke vs. Vader, Kerry vs. Bush, Beavis vs. Butthead... but finally, I could not resist and gave in. Never before have i seen this CD at such a ridiculously low price and since I am a devoted JW and Indy score fan... I had to get it. Damn, I just had to grab this nasty little thing for JW sake. Probably the most daunting buying-decision I have ever made when it comes to CDs.

Now, i think to myself what other great CDs I could have bought for this money. On the other hand, I can probably re-sell this thing for much more than 40 bucks.

The decision certainly wasn't reasonable... far from that actually but was it the right one? And a question to those other collectors: Do you consider 39,99 for a used Japanese CD of Temple of Doom a bargain?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you consider 39,99 for a used Japanese CD of Temple of Doom a bargain?

Ask Greg. :)

Having said that, I would almost certainly buy it for that price.

I believe at the current low dollar value it is about 50 US-$, maybe even less but certainly not more than 55.

But still, that's almost half of my CD budget for may. Hopefully, the disc will be in good shape. The seller did not provide details and only the item description said "very good".

Hey, maybe the big score god is playing a trick on me and the indy soundtracks will be released in full as a box for 39,99 next week? LOL

On the other hand, I can probably re-sell this thing for much more than 40 bucks.

:)

You did the right thing in buying the CD, now don't let something like this get into your head

Tim

Woohoo, I just found out that I did not violate any rules. Look at these statistics:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark (expanded) - 13,99 €

Temple of Doom (jap. OST) - 39,99 €

The Last Crusade (OST) - 11,78 €

Shipping - 9 €

Total for the entire trilogy - 74,76 €

Average price per CD - 24,92 €!!!

Mission accomplished!

You did the right thing in buying the CD, now don't let something like this get into your head

You are probably right. Selling this thing for more money is just as tempting as buying it for a low price but that would cost me the pleasure of owning a true collectible and thats more worth than money!

Amazon.fr marketplace

They don't have much soundtracks but there was one dude selling it for that price and another one wanted a little more.

It's odd but you can find it there almost regularily and usually at a very low price.

Just see for yourself:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark - OST

and another one:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark - OST

I guess if you don't have it yet, amazon.fr can be the place to find it.

Hey, maybe the big score god is playing a trick on me and the indy soundtracks will be released in full as a box for 39,99 next week? LOL

It's happened to me before. I finally won a copy of Intrada's expanded Poltergeist II after missing out for a couple of years on auctions and I paid a little over $50.00 for only to see Varese announce it 2 weeks later.

I don't worry too much about what I pay because the CD will earn it's money back in most cases because it will get alot of play time.

Do you consider 39,99 for a used Japanese CD of Temple of Doom a bargain?

Ask Greg. :)

Hey - I was in the right place at the right time and had luck on my side.......I would most certainly consider 40 Euros a bargain for ToD however....Japanese or otherwise.....

Well spotted!!

For anyone in the UK, there is one available over at the Amazon.uk Marketplace for £39.99....though how the other guy listing here has the nerve to charge over £200 for one I've no idea.....

....no word on whether or not these aew the Japanese or German ones though....

:P

I wait for the complete score release of TOD (if there is going to be one before hell freezes over) rather than spend huge amounts of money on the OST that is only 45 minutes long . Those Amazon prices for the OST are ridiculous.

BTW you got your copy really cheap BigMacGyver. At least compared to those Amazon prices of 200 €/$ for a used CDs.

A couple of moments ago, I have broken my own rules and violated my own principals.

It is my duty to report you to the proper authorities ... you pervert.

40 bucks? Don't complain. all my CDs cost 40 malaysian bucks. Yes its about 12 USD after conversion, but people here dont earn as much. to get an idea of the what a CD means here to me, imagine buying each CD at 40-50 dollars (be it Euro, USD or whatever) and you are in the ballpark. :P nearly a month of pocket money. :)

Most of the time the amazon prices are ridiculous. I find ebay much cheaper, and the sellers more helpful in answering questions. I pickedup a mint japanese ToD about a month ago on ebay for US $42, which seems to be about the going price on ebay for good copies. The price will probably start increasing as the hype about indy 4 starts to hit, unless new score releases are announced. Hey you got the expanded RotLA for an extremely good price, so it balances out. :wave:. Don't sell it, you will regret it if there isn't another release...

Most of the time the amazon prices are ridiculous.

I've never gotten a CD on Amazon, but all the DVDs I've gotten there have been cheaper than any store around me, including the shipping costs. :wave:

I paid 75$ for it in 1991.this is not the type of purchase one regrets in the long term.I made the mistake of returning aa copy of Accidental Tourist that cost me 40$ in the same kind of dilemna and I regret it to this day.

K.M.

BigMacGyver, IMO you didn't get ripped off for that album at that price. I also paid alot for my japanese edition of the TOD score...

Most of the time the amazon prices are ridiculous.

I've never gotten a CD on Amazon, but all the DVDs I've gotten there have been cheaper than any store around me, including the shipping costs. :thumbup:

Sorry, I meant to say that 3rd party sellers on amazon marketplace in the US charge way too much for rare/OOP items (atleast all of the times I have looked). Amazon itself has good prices and I too buy many dvds from there cheaply.

A couple of moments ago, I have broken my own rules and violated my own principals. I never thought I could do something like that and still wonder if my decision was the right one. I made it a principle to never spent more than 25 € on a used CD... Never, ever, forever!

Then today, I spotted the japanese edition of Temple of Doom for...

39,99 €!!!

Geez Andreas, you take everything way too seriously! Don't be so close-minded, you didn't broke anything! Also, it's Williams, and it's ToD so it worth!

I spent the equivalent of about 42€ (54.29$, which is 49.98+tax) for a new copy, though. :music:

:P

The seller replied to my question about the disc's shape and said the disc itself is in near mint condition while the jewel case is scratched. Okay, no big deal since the jewel case is probably the most worthless part of the release.

Can't wait to hold this baby in my hands :music:

Sorry, I meant to say that 3rd party sellers on amazon marketplace in the US charge way too much for rare/OOP items (atleast all of the times I have looked). Amazon itself has good prices and I too buy many dvds from there cheaply.

It depends. Most of the marketplace sellers charge way too much but occasionally you can find real bargains there (see my raiders-find for 13 bucks). However, it is important to browse other amazon marketplaces, inlcuding .com, .de and .fr to see which one has the best offer. I found co.uk to be the most expensive and unsorted marketplace of them all.

why does everyone here seem to have the ToD score?

Burga - who only has the mp3s

Anything's better than nothing.....