Darth names in Star Wars (NWC)

Hello all,

I thought this might be a fun game. I'm sure we've all noticed that the names of the Darths in the Star Wars series all follow a pattern; take a word that begins with the letters "IN", chop those two off, and put "Darth" in front of it. For example:

"Insidious" becomes Darth Sidious

"Invader" becomes Darth Vader

So with that in mind, I thought for fun we could all come up with names for past/future Darths that might be involved in the stories. Don't look in the dictionary or your brain won't get any excercise.

Here's a few to get us all started:

Darth Credible

Darth Sight

Darth Terloper

Darth Veigle

Darth Famous

Darth Capacitated

Darth Coming

Darth Terior and Darth Ferior (I picture these as bumbling twins, in the spirit of Thomson and Thompson from Herge's "Tintin" series)

Darth Evitable

Darth Corporated

Darth Competent

Darth Travenous

:mrgreen:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Bob, good to see you again.

How about:

Darth Sane

Darth Ept

Darth Furiating

Darth Fallible

Darth Conceivable! (played by Wallace Shawn)

Darth Tercourse

Darth Grown Toenail

Figo, I knew I could count on you on this one. At the risk of killing this thread before it has a chance to get off the ground, I believe Darth Coming and Darth Tercourse are closely interconnected. Which brings to mind:

Darth Sert (or Darth Sertion, take your pick)

Darth Jection

p.s. Darth Fection

Darth Congruent/Darth Congruous

Darth Continence

Darth Veigle

Darth Voluntary Manslaughter

Darth Creasing Cloudiness

Darth Flagrante Delicto :evil:

Not sure anyone would be so anxious to work with a Darth Continence. :mrgreen:

I believe Darth Coming and Darth Tercourse are closely interconnected.

LOL

This is a great game, hilarious so far. (Darth Grown Toenail :) )

Here are some more:

Darth Trepid

Darth Destructable

Darth Flammable

Darth Trovert (or Darth Troverted)

Darth Voice

Darth Exorable

Darth Ternational

Darth Strument

Darth Voluntary

Darth Comparable

Darth Convenience

Ray Barnsbury-having fun :mrgreen:

Hello all,

I thought this might be a fun game.  I'm sure we've all noticed that the names of the Darths in the Star Wars series all follow a pattern; take a word that begins with the letters "IN", chop those two off, and put "Darth" in front of it.  For example:

"Insidious" becomes Darth Sidious

"Invader" becomes Darth Vader

It only works for Sidious and Vader, not "all"... INMAUL is not a name, nor is INBANE (bane being the first Darth)... so you're wrong.

Crap, until you came along I had forgotten about Darth Maul, and in fact, most of TPM. It was so blissful while it lasted. Who the hell is Darth Bane?

p.s. Hope you don't mind if I henceforth call you Darth Sensitive.

Darth Sipid

Darth Ability

Darth Cisor

Darth Novative

Darth Experienced (cf. Darth Coming, Darth Tercourse, Darth Sertion, et. al.)

Darth Hale

Darth Cessant

Darth Nate (somehow that one doesn't inspire too much fear ...)

Darth Decisive

DARTH COSTANZA?!!!!!!

Those rebels are braver than I thought.

Don't worry about it, Dyl. I knew just who you meant.

Figo, assuring you it's no typo when he writes "dickobolus."

Figo, try to controll your evil curse-typing fingers.

Figo, who lost his hands in an auto accident and had them surgically replaced with those of a madman.

I admit that I had considered the "in" connection before now (InVader, InSidious) -- but man alive, Gamecube! How the hell did you find that link? What did you do, a search under bogus Darths?

I admit that I had considered the "in" connection before now (InVader, InSidious) -- but man alive, Gamecube!  How the hell did you find that link?  What did you do, a search under bogus Darths?

I have my sources :mrgreen:

What??? Some microcephalic sonuvabitch on amazon thought of this before me??? Oh well. At least we didn't screw up the humor with those lame descriptions. Best to leave it to the reader's imagination, sez me.

Oh and by the way, re: Darth Mature, "immature" does not start with "in."

Darth Undate

Darth Capable

Darth Flexible

Darth Spired (or Darth Spirational)

Darth Sufferable

Darth Diana (sorry Ray, I know that's pretty close to yours, but I couldn't resist)

Darth Voke

Darth Vestment Strategy

Darth Different

So far Darth Seperable seems the least scary, and Darth Grown Toenail sounds the most scary.

Well, I had intended my last post for Gamecube, but I suppose anyone can take it.

Figo, who always wanted a son to carry on his evil legacy.

Indysolo, Darth Sipid might also work for Darth Mucous ... I mean Lucas.

p.s. damn. sometimes it would be nice to be able to edit previous posts ... but then again, becoming a "member" seems so paradoxical.

Darth Cognito

Darth Calculable

Darth Terred Corpse (that one may give Grown Toenail a run)

Lost Darth Space

Darth Cubus

I also like Darth Cisor and Darth Carcerated. LOL

Darth N! ROTFLMAO

... but then again, becoming a "member" seems so paradoxical.

If it's anything like the Hair Club for Men, you could also be the president! :biglaugh:

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

Damn You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO

I just thought of Darth Diana Jones and was scrolling down and you beat me to it!!!!!!

I keep laughing when I think of it though!!!!!! LOL

Darth K would also work (Darth K, is, of course, the subject of Kafka's often overlooked and long-forgotten sequel to "The Trial").

"I'm not just the President of the JWfan.net message board, I'm also a client." -- Bob Dylan

Darth K would also work (Darth K, is, of course, the subject of Kafka's often overlooked and long-forgotten sequel to "The Trial").

Yes, but I doubt audiences will shell out just to see him get stabbed and tossed in the lake.

I also thought of Darth K, but why repeat a good joke? Oh wait a minute -- isn't that basically what Lucas is doing?

Figo, not just a client, a donor.

Yes, but I doubt audiences will shell out just to see him get stabbed and tossed in the lake.  

Sure they will. Just have him played by Leonardo DiCrapio.

Darth Controvertible

Darth human (well, that's obvious but whatever...)

Darth &out (refering to... well, you know... :P )

Darth -between ROTFLMAO

Darth visible (would like to see one of those in the next SW) :thumbup:

Darth dustrial

Darth nocent :devil:

Darth terim

... I'm out.

Darth Formational

Darth Dira Gandhi

And I confess having used the dictionary for the following:

Darth Dex

Darth Digestible

Darth Dulgence

Darth Dustrial

Darth Jure

Darth Nuendo

Which shows that there most be a LOT more we haven't found yet though, I found those by merely looking at a few pages. I'll put the dictionary away again, it's only half the fun.

I'm new here, but I just thought you would like to know how Lucas actually came up with the darth names.

Actually the darth names have nothing to do with 'in' (Except for Sidious). Originally, the first Darth ever named was Darth Vader - supposedly the two words were derived from the words "Dark Father".

However, when naming the prequel Darths, Lucas follows the rule that you pick a verb that means "to cause injury and harm" and fit it into the name.

So Darth Sidious comes from the word Insidious, whichs "to stealthly plan to cause harm to someone".

Darth Maul comes froms the word Maul, which is a verb meaning to damage/harm someone.

Darth Tyrannus (ie. Count Dooku) comes from the Latin word Tyrannus, which means to cause tyranny, ie. to rule people cruelly.

Darth Bane, who was first mentioned in the Phantom Menace Novelisation, comes from the word bane, which means to poison/harm someone.

Also many people believe that the word Darth itself is an abbreviation of the title "DARk lord of the siTH".

My hands and your brain -- together we could rule the galaxy as father and son!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Okay, but I will be doctor evil and you shall be called Mini Me.

:putsfingertomouthandlaughesincesantly:

Thank you, Darth Pernicious. I always thought Darth Vader was a play on "dark invader." I guess Lucas is a lot cleverer than I gave him credit for.

Figo, remembering Schubert's Erlkoenig:

Mein Vater, mein Vater, und hoerest du nicht,

was Erlenkoenig mir leise verspricht?

I always thought Darth was a name, and not a title, that is until Lucas changed all the rules in the terrible but fun TPM, a big budget Plan 9.

Afterall, Obi-Wan refers to him as Darth, rather than Vader. Why would a Jedi Knight refer to him by title rather than by name.

Lucas needs a good :(

I watched Star Wars the other day and I must say that Sir Alex Guinness' performance is first rate. It blows away anything Ewen McGregor does with the character. In fact they can't be the same character, they can't, unless Obi-Wan undergoes a personality change on the same order as God did from the Old Testament to the New Testament.

The whole Obi-Wan referring to Vader as "Darth" in Episode 4 always confused me too :(, but since all the Sith are called Darth it makes more sense as a title.

Maybe Obi-Wan doesn't realise that Darth is a title. So far in the the prequel trilogy none of the Jedi have heard the the name "Darth" being used and there is no hint that anyone referred to Emperor Palpatine in the original trilogy as "Darth". Obi-Wan possibly believed that Darth was the first name of Anakin's new identity.

In fact they can't be the same character, they can't, unless Obi-Wan undergoes a personality change on the same order as God did from the Old Testament to the New Testament.

LOL

Sir Alec was one of the great actors of last century. Watching his performances in Oliver Twist, The Horse's Mouth, Bridge on the River Kwai, and yes, even Star Wars, I can't believe he is the same man -- nevermind the disparity between he and Ewen.

I thought MacGregor did a fine job approximating Guinness's inflections in TPM. Overall, he seemed a little more at ease in AOTC. But no matter how many favorable notices he may receive for his non-Star Wars work, I think it impossible, at this stage of his career, he will ever attain the same level of greatness as his predecessor -- even if he harbors an equal level of contempt for the fans.

I just thought of Darth Diana Jones and was scrolling down and you beat me to it!!!!!!  

I keep laughing when I think of it though!!!!!!

I keep picturing the late Princess Di in a black helmet with a bullwhip. LOL

Anyway, back to the topic:

Darth Genuous

Darth Tern

Darth Genius

Darth Stinct :(

Ray Barnsbury

He's the top Darth. And perhaps even the only Darth left. I don't see a problem with Obi-Wan calling Vader Darth. I mean, Obi-Wan probably views him as more of an evilness than a person. Because of what he said about Anakin being dead.

Maybe Obi-Wan doesn't realise that Darth is a title. So far in the the prequel trilogy none of the Jedi have heard the the name "Darth" being used and there is no hint that anyone referred to Emperor Palpatine in the original trilogy as "Darth". Obi-Wan possibly believed that Darth was the first name of Anakin's new identity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Count Dooku clearly mentioned a 'Darth Sidious' to Obi-Wan when he was being held captive by in AOTC?

Figo, not just a client, a donor.

Clearly, I misread someone. Why is it every time things start to get a little raucous, I assume somebody said something about a sperm bank?

I pretend to make the same mistake whenever I have to visit a utility company or the bursar's office.

I keep picturing the late Princess Di in a black helmet with a bullwhip.   LOL

You're turning me on. ;)

Oh dear . . . :wow:

Ray Barnsbury-who did not mean that kind of whip :shakehead:

Darth Sist

Darth Ternet

Darth Tranet

Darth Firmary

Darth Terdict

Darth Tercept

Darth Terject

Darth Cest

Darth Teractive

Darth Itiate

Darth Timidate

Darth Timate

Darth Terpretation

Darth Fantry

Darth Distinguishable

Darth Crement / Darth Crease

Darth K Bottle

Darth Lay

Darth Stitution

Darth Surrection

Darth Es

Darth (just Darth) (ok, another lame one)

:music: The Secret of NIMH (Jerry Goldsmith)