Amazing Stories! Yay!

sulky

And JW's Alien. Let's not forget Alien. An entire score written for Marimba! who would have thought (well, except for the end titles, where he's got that duet with the celeste).

This is great news. Can't wait to here the original recording of The Mission! But there is still a ton of great Williams material that we can hopefully look forward to in the coming years, if anyone ever releases it.

Tim

A legit Black Sunday would be nice.

Does anyone know anything about the non-Williams scores on this release? Any good?

In any case, hopefully this will expose more people to the wonder that is Williams' The Mission. If you haven't heard it yet, you're in for a HUGE treat!

Ray Barnsbury

Yes the rest of the music is good. In fact all three releases are worth having even if there was no music by John Williams included.

....or if you are DEAF. There is no comparison.

Are you doing drugs now, Morlock?

No. To quote Frank Zappa: "Speed will turn you into your parents".

Morlock- going slightely mad

Williams' The Mission is a more dynamic, exhilarating work, while Morricone's seems to be a relatively relaxed, low-key score. They're really not even comparable, other than the title.

Ray Barnsbury

Hmm,to say The Mission by Williams is inferior to The Mission by Morricone is like saying Morricone is a better composer than Williams,period.I'll say it again,Williams can't compose much better than Amazing Stories The Mission.I find it the peak of his 1980 1985 action/adventure style even if it's short.In some way it's even more refined than the Indiana Jones scores because it includes the style of E.T. also.

Well KM says that

Yeah, I wish.

I'm actually thinking I might save on shipping costs.

There's that damn customs fee, though. Hmm...

If you order from Screen Archives (same item cost + shipping), they don't write the value on the package, so no import charge. That's why I order everything from there.

I ordered $300 worth of stuff from them (one package), and the value on the package said "- $5".

Does this mean they gave up on those Elfman tapes?

Ray Barnsbury

As of now, yes.

And it doesn't appear that they would be interested in doing a Vol 4. Of course that may have something to do with the quality of the music and the deal they signed.

finally.

I would have attatched amazing stories theme version one and end credits just before and after the mission since i believe they belong to the same recording. (1st scored episode)

• 2 months later...