Columbus

scissorhands

The best Williams score for a Columbus film?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• HOME ALONE
    • HOME ALONE 2
    • STEPMOM
    • HARRY POTTER

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very hard one... Stepmom is very week, with only the beautiful "The Days Between" sounding like something worthwile.

Home Alone 2 is like a pastiche of the first movie, with a couple of new themes.

So for me is Home Alone Versus Harry Potter.

I had to go for Home Alone, just because of the beutiful christmas music, what was, bythe way, the reaso why Williams wanted to do this. In fact Williams was a second choice for the movie. The original composer on the project was Bruce Broughton, but he had to leave hit due schedule problems. He later regreted.

"Home Alone" is the best. Though, like "Harry Potter," is takes about four themes and reworks them, "Home Alone" ... well, is a better experience from beginning to end, more in the film than on the CD because of all the traditional songs thrown in the middle.

"Man of the House" is the best cue.

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Harry Potter, then Home Alone.

But I like all 4 scores and all 4 films.

Joe, who thinks it would be fun to tie Chrusher down and fix his eyes open and force him to watch Stepmom, over and over and over. LOL :(

I have to disagree about what Trumpeteer said. I think that Home Alone uses too much of the themes over and over, and has some weak action themes. Harry Potter is more entertaining because it has more variety and nice use of the themes, and great action cues. Home Alone gets the traditionalism medal though, and has much good stuff as well. Both great scores, but I voted for Harry Potter. I need to watch Stepmom sometime too.....

Has everyone noticed that Chris Columbus' production company is named

LOL

I guess he's as witty as I am. :roll:

Figo, who cannot imagine the insufferable hell of being named Chris Columbus and going through elementary school.

Well, both Home Alone scores are wonderful, and I don't see how they could have been done better. Too hard to chose one over the other, too. I confess I still haven't heard Stepmom, but from what I've read about it I doubt it would make the top of my list.

But Potter...at first, I found it somewhat disappointing, but then it "clicked". I now consider it one of the best scores of Williams' career. There are so many facettes to it. It has Home Alone-type Christmas music, a fun magical main theme, and tons more. The Face of Voldemort is simply stunning.

Has everyone noticed that Chris Columbus' production company is named  

I did, last time I watched the Potter DVD. I thought it was very funny. :shakehead:

Marian - who is STILL worried about the Ross situation.

Harry Potter, of course!

I voted for Harry Potter as well!

Mari

p.s. Welcome back Harry! :shakehead:

Home Alone. Has some very pretty music... but then you have pretty music like Hogwarts Forever (Horns are great!) and Fluffys Harp... hmmm...

Marian - who is STILL worried about the Ross situation.

I know you all will forget in a couple of posts, but could you please refer to William Ross as W.Ross, not plain Ross? It confuses me, as I think you mean me. Thanks! :music:

-ROSS, who actually spent five minutes thinking what could possibly be his situation :roll:

Yes, his drawings are excellent. He did a lot of the SW novel covers as well. Speaking of the poster art, has anyone ever noticed that the art on the Harry Potter soundtrack cover is slightly different from that on the poster? Ron in particular looks much better on the actual poster; on the CD cover, he looks nothing like Rupert Grint.

Ray Barnsbury

Speaking of the poster art, has anyone ever noticed that the art on the Harry Potter soundtrack cover is slightly different from that on the poster?

I suppose the one on the RC1 DVD is the original poster, then. Ron may look more like Rupert Grint there, but at least he doesn't look like a clown on the CD cover version. On the DVD cover, he looks horribly stupid. Fluffy is completely missing from the DVD cover.

Looking closely, I think the CD cover version is the original image, which was then changed - on the DVD cover, there's some strange background pattern between Ron and Harry which I can't see anywhere else on the whole thing, and it doesn't quite fit I think. On the CD cover, they're a bit closer together, and the space between them is black,

Marian - who also doesn't like how they cropped the poster on the DVD (they don't even have the letter on it).

Until Harry Potter, I would have said Home Alone. That score is GREAT. Truly it is. Much better than the film itself. But I really have to take my hat off to Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. What a phenomonal score. Simply magnificent. One of his best in a long long time.

I'm more worried about the Ross situation then the William Ross situation.

Well, you should be. :)

-ROSS, wondering how Stefancos knows about his evil plan to take over the w-- oops, did I say too much?