JW portrait finished (at last)

artyjeffrey

Stefan, with such an avatar, how could I not take you seriously LOL

Well Al, I wouldn't go that harsh on the painting, even more if this comes from someone studing for so little time. But I guess, that you're right in the points you bring forward to discussion.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to chime in and say, I am in complete agreement with everything Miguel A. has said in this thread.  

This portrait is good in elements, but it is far from perfect or professional. The anatomy and perspective is distorted. It doesn't do the subject full justice.

I would've been disappointed had everyone liked it completely (what's the point of sharing it?). Thanks.

I'm just curious, where did you get the sheet music which you painted into the picture? I think I haven't seen that version of the main title anywhere, is it some arrangement?

I'm just curious, where did you get the sheet music which you painted into the picture? I think I haven't seen that version of the main title anywhere, is it some arrangement?

I picked it up from Musicnotes.com. On the front page it reads, "Warner Bros Full Orchestra- Concert Level. Star Wars (Main Theme), Music by John Williams, Arranged by Charles Sayre." The header of each page reads "Conductor-(then page #)" and it's 10 pages long.

It was $9 bucks or something like that.

there is ample space on the site's banner on the right of Vader for the painting. ROTFLMAO

My God. I just visited the main page. That's all I'm going to say. Wow, thanks! ;)