Has anybody heard the '89 winter opympics fanfare?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Williams did the cue "Olympic Spirit" for NBC for the 1988 Summer Olympics but I believe the 1988 Winter Olympic theme was written by David Foster.

I think he means Winter Game Fanfare.There's only a Midi of it online ,but it's so bad I can't make up the theme

K.M.

Williams had nothing to do with the 1988 Winter Games unless someone else did an arrangement of his music.

I keep my copy of John's 1989 Winter Olympic's music, right next to my copy of John's unused score to the Color Purple.

My suggestion was,a while back,that those 5 Williams themes we don't have(Winter Game Fanfare,Fanfare for Prince Philip,Celebration Fanfare,Fanfare for 10y olds,Fanfare for Michael Dukakis),be arranged by someone on the MB who has access to more elaborate music software that can sound orchestral,instead of those crappy midis.

K.M.

Not even all of us combined would have enough imagination to fill in the orchestrations and make them sound as good as Williams.

Pope is fine in the vatican. I thought you were atheist...

And i said Winter olympics after reading this very page:

http://jwfan.com/modules.php?op=modload&na...rticle&artid=64

I supposed Winter games and winter olympic games were the same thing, as Olympic games-summer games.

I didnt knew someone had made a midi of this but couldn't anyone record himslef playing this to piano, or guitar or another instrument? :)

Williams could die before some of his unreleased music can be recorded.then we'll be stuck with an half assed approximated attempt.It's time for American Journey 2

K.M.

Williams could die before some of his unreleased music can be recorded.then we'll be stuck with an half assed approximated attempt.It's time for American Journey 2

K.M.

Yu must remmeber that there are better conductors than Williams...

Hey Luke, I was flicking thorugh this book again today (I don't own it), do you recognise the "Theme from Close Encounters..." in it? Just from glancing I couldn't place it, so i was wondering if it was a particular arrangement you've heard before, or anyone else.

I cant read music enought to hear the music in my head. I just got it because it was williams (and well my brother can play thepiano a little, but he has not tried yet) LOL

The Close Encounters music is for a techno/disco type version Williams did as a promo. There are some recordings of it somewhere, don't remember where. I'll try to find it.

This should probably be a whole new topic thread, but supposedly the Varese release of Close Encounters contains Williams' disco version of the theme, which matches the music in the Anthology.