Blade Runner: Final Cut

Greg1138

Interviewer admits to Ridley Scott and Bale she never had seen Blade Runner:

Okay, that was funny. But then I saw it! Bale will be the new Deckard! I knew it!

• 1 month later...

It's definitely the definite cut to Ridley Scott but unlike George Lucas he doesn't want to destroy the previous cuts (The Theatrical Cut, The Director's Cut).

Alex

I love the directors cut. I'm not an expert of the original version, but I always felt that the narration, that have been removed, was superfluous and that it "aged" the movie and make it too heavy.

Just fot that, I prefer the director's cut.

And I remember that a scene with the origami unicorn was added at the end, making unequivocal the fact that Deckard is a replicant.

Star Wars is still basically the same movie no matter how many times Greedo shoots first, too.

I actually agree with you :)

With each subsequent version he started forcing that Deckard is a replicant, which is an unnecessary aspect of the story.

No narration, or a forced happy ending

The Theatrical Cut has just that!

With each subsequent version he started forcing that Deckard is a replicant, which is an unnecessary aspect of the story.

That's true. It's much more subtle in the Theatrical Cuts (US and International).

If you prefer the TC then I definitely would opt for the International TC, Jay.

US or International TC is about the same, just extra violence. I don't really care either way about the amount of violence shown

Be that as it may, I would be shocked if my Blade Runner was missing certain shots (violence or not). The only shot I really could do without is the unicorn reverie. It doesn't feel like it belongs in the movie and it's not subtle.

No, the movies of Francois Ozon, Gaspar Noé, Dominik Moll, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Christophe Gans....

Are there people here who believe that the unicorn footage is from Legend and that it's only a part of some kind of revision? In other words, was there a unicorn in 1982?!!!

No, the movies of Francois Ozon, Gaspar Noé, Dominik Moll, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Christophe Gans....

No love for Jaques Tati?

I haven't seen any French New Wave films or really any from before the 1990s.

yet.

No love for Jaques Tati?

I haven't seen any French New Wave films or really any from before the 1990s.

yet.

Lots of good options in Criterion.

I recently re-watched this film, a custom edit i found featuring the Directors cut with deckards narration. (I think i like the narration, but that's because i saw it like that for the 1st time, even if i didnt care much for the film when i was young. But i think it makes it sound more like a police-film.

Appart from the unicorn origami, not very explanative, what else is there to say that deckard is a replicant? It makes no real sense at all in the story. Or are just hints and choose what you want?

I recently re-watched this film, a custom edit i found featuring the Directors cut with deckards narration. (I think i like the narration, but that's because i saw it like that for the 1st time, even if i didnt care much for the film when i was young. But i think it makes it sound more like a police-film.

Appart from the unicorn origami, not very explanative, what else is there to say that deckard is a replicant? It makes no real sense at all in the story. Or are just hints and choose what you want?

Machines who doesn't know they are machines. That's terrifying!

In fact, the main thing that differs between humans and robots, is that robots don't have memories of their own.