Blade Runner: Final Cut

Greg1138

Alien.

I asked because those who prefer Aliens over Alien often use the same remarks you ascribe to Blade Runner. You know, it has more story and it has better characters. So you're not very consistent. ;)

My only gripe about the BR set is the Final Cut is the only version of the film with Dolby TrueHD audio. The rest are all standard lossy Dolby Digital.

On the 30th anniversary BD, the Workprint is equipped with DTS-HD master audio

BTW, Watchmen is another movie where the heroes could be seen as the villains. There's no clear-cut 'good guys' and 'bad guys'. Like Blade Runner, it's morally ambiguous. Snyder's adaptation instantly reminded me of Ridley Scott's movie. He even makes a few references. Anyway, once you are drawn into the world of Blade Runner (via its sound and images) and you understand what is at stake, then the characters will make you care very much. Personally, I find them to be completely mesmerizing and captivating.

"Though Scott has forged a style that is recognizably his own, his approach to filmmaking has a precedent in German Expressionist filmmaking. The Expressionists were among the first to use the elements of mise-en-scène (set design, lighting, props, costuming) to suggest traits of character or enhance meaning. Similarly, Scott's techniques are stunning yet highly artificial, a trait often criticized by American reviewers, who too often value plot and character over visual style, and realism over symbolism." - Susan Doll

Alex

I love threads like this. :)

Who watches a workprint?!

According to George Lucas, die-hard Star Wars fans (like myself) who want the unaltered original Star Wars trilogy. ;)

Actually, I find the workprint an interesting piece of the history of the film, one that illuminates some of the changes the studio imposed upon the original creative vision of the filmmakers.

Though I will likely always go for the Final Cut, I'm glad to have all the other cuts of the movie, and to enjoy them on the Blu-ray set.

This is the film that stopped my wife in her tracks when I first played it on our new TV and Blu-ray system last year.

She was walking in, and caught it on the big screen, and just stopped there.

Bladerunner is one of those films for which I upgraded to Blu-ray.

This is the film that stopped my wife in her tracks when I first played it on our new TV and Blu-ray system last year.

What do you mean with "just stopped there".

Edit: oh, you mean that she didn't plan to watch but she couldn't stop herself?

What do you mean with "just stopped there". 

Edit: oh, you mean that she didn't plan to watch but she couldn't stop herself?

Correct. :)

• 3 months later...