• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with:

Lynarrd Skynnard - Free Bird from Meet Joe Black

vomit,

sorry, I've heard that song so many times, and have never understood its appeal, badly sung, stupid lyrics, weak hook, but hell if you're drugged out of your mind, F*** yeah. southern redneck style.

Lynard Skynard rules.

Joe, who had the misfortune to see them before the plane crash.

Back to the Future thing was cool........and the genius who put Sweet Home Alabama in Con Air deserves a medal.....

Joe, who had the misfortune to see them before the plane crash.

Cool - I dont like hillbilly rock but some of their songs are just classics.

Simple Man

Free Bird

Sweet Home Ala

Gimme 3 Steps

In fact - in general i don't like the ex confederate states for much of anything.

Ps the guitar duet during the G Bb C section is why rockers like that - a very long organized jam session.

Limp Bizkit - Take a Look Around (from Mission:Impossible 2).

Which of course isn't rock'n'roll, but whatever.

Plus some other I don't remember at the moment, or don't have the time to think about (let's say "Sweet Home Alabama" from Forrest Gump, 8 Mile and some other movie).

A song I can't stand is "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith, from Armageddon. That song make me sweat sugar every time I heard it. It's too annoying, like most of Aerosmith's songs.

I can't think of anything now, but 'We Are The Champions' sure got to me when I saw The Mighty Ducks for the first time..........

Morlock- who can't think of any serious one at the moment, other than the really obvious ones, like 'Bohemian Raphsody' in Wayne's World or 'The End' in Apocalypce Now.

How about The Wall?

I like 'All Summer Long' at the end of American Graffiti. For some reason, "Pipeline" by the Chantays in More American Graffiti used in a helicopter scene with Toad really stuck with me, too. "I Get Around" in Flight of the Navigator's always fun. Not sure about anybody else, but I think Queen's contribution to Flash Gordon was pretty awesome. Like the movie sucks, but I've been able to find an appreciation for it because it's that bad, but also because the music's awesome. I actually appreciate the way the music and the movie meld with Flash more than with Highlander. The Highlander songs are better, but they don't go with the movie, doesn't seem like. Plus I just don't like the movie that much. How can you not get into "Princes of the Universe"? "Who Wants to Live Forever" reminds me of Nessun Dorma by Puccini in a way. Anyway...I'm rambling.

I have to second After Dark from FDTD, and Johnny be Good from BTTF (finally bought the OST in an HMV sale today for £5, when Colchester's branch finally twigged that they needed to do better than £9 to shift their single copy).

Louie, Louie from Animal House, Layla by Clapton from Goodfellas, and Accidentally in Love from Shrek 2. Interesting combo huh?

JMan