How broad is your musical taste?

Justin

Up until maybe a year ago I really only listened to 100% film music. I took pride in my dedication to it. However, over the past 10-12 months I've been listening to diffrent music more and more ranging from The Beatles, to my (rather surprising) passion for AC/DC. Infact, once my enthusiasm for Munich died down, I'd guess the majority of the music I've been listening to has not been film music. So far in my journey into other kinds of music (mainly old school rock) I've discovered at least a partial enjoyment for The Beatles, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Queen, Led Zepplin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendrix, Pink Floyd and many others. So, percentage wise, exactly how much film music are you listening to these days?

Justin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my music listening mostly has to deal with film scores.

However there are other genre's if I'm in the mood for I'll listen to. Hard Rock, Metal, Rap, SOME country, etc...

With the type of friends I have you tend to listen to EVERY type of genre but as I said the other genre music I mostly have to be in the mood for to listen to it. Unless I'm of course with my friends then I have no choice but to listen to it lol.

Pretty much 100% film/TV/video game music. I still have a soft spot for country, being Texan and all, but I don't listen to it actively anymore.

Mostly film music, I'd say 90% +

Some songs, but many of them from a movie, and most of the others either nostalgic or the kind of song you find in American teen movies (I'm into them at the moment). I also like Alanis Morissette, some Michael Jackson (don't even start) and similar.

Plus a bit of classical, but it only gets played very rarely some nights when I feel like being at my most mature.

Any music that is good, which means that I tend to listen to mostly great classical music (there's plenty of not-so-great classical music too). But I love all kinds of music. As for film scores, I only really listen to a select few composers, like Korngold, Herrmann, Rosza, Waxman and Goldsmith. And John Williams, first and foremost.

I'm mostly saddened by the decline in the art of film scoring (at least in Hollywood), but by the same token even more enthusiastic when I hear something new that shows promise. Goldenthal comes to mind. Early McNeely, perhaps...

I gave all of my alleged child molester cd's away. I have some heavy metal because it was James', but AC/DC is pure noise, somebody just grind them up and feed them to the chickens. I listen to country, film scores, some pop, and a few other things, that other mind find to be noise.

michael_jackson_very_weird_funfry_resize.JPG

John Williams is a significant portion of my listening, but I do venture outside of that world, so much so that when I listen to film music I'm really venturing into that world. Other then John Williams and other assorted composers of film scores, I listen to the following:

Classical (Classical/Romantic/20th Century)

Prog Rock (Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Radiohead, Pain of Salvation, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Moody Blues, etc..)

Classic Rock (Boston, The Who, Beatles, etc...)

Rock (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam (first 3 albums), Toad the Wet Sprocket, etc...)

Metal (Metallica (the glory years), Megadeth, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, Iron Maiden ("Powerslave" era) etc...)

Etc, etc, etc, ;)

Tim

My taste is pretty varied. But like most people on this board the majority of what I listen to is film/video game music.

I use to be very purist too. Now, I listen to film music about 50% of the time. I'm not much into rock, but some of the oldies are good... mostly random stuff I hear around the place, not collect. I received the Born on the Fourth of July soundtrack recently and enjoyed The Temptations' "My Girl." My chief interest outside of film music is musicals. Anything from Babes in Arms to Rent. I'm more fond of the orchestral musicals, but "Seasons of Love" is a great song... etc. And, yes, I like Andrew Lloyd Webber. Boo, hiss.

Predominantly film and classical music, especially when I'm driving in the car. But I do like a lot of rock/alternative/indie, which I listen to at work or depending on my mood. Some of my favorites include Weezer, Aerosmith, G Love and Special Sauce, Big Japan, Franz Ferdinand, Greenday, White Stripes, the Bocks, and the Strokes.

It's a bit odd but I pretty much only listen to The Beatles (including solo works) and film music (mostly Williams, although slowly I've been getting to other composers), I probably listen to The Beatles a bit more, I'd say 65% Beatles, 35% Film music.

Mostly film music, but there are 3 bands I simply can't get enough of, and none of them have anything in common:

- Dire Straits (and Mark Knopfler)

- Depeche Mode

- Megadeth (Mustaine is a god)

Film music probably 75% of the time....the rest is mostly various pop/rock/alternative. Some favorite current bands are Phantom Planet (even if you've never heard of them, you probably know their song "California" from the film Orange County and Fox TV's The OC), All-American Rejects (I got into them most recently with "Dirty Little Secret" and "Move Along"), Blink 182, Green Day, etc. I also love The Beatles. Basically I like anything "feel-good"....I'm much less critical of pop/rock music than I am of film music, since I generally hold film scores to higher standards.

Ray Barnsbury

passion for AC/DC.

hell. yes.

We roll tonight

To the guitar bite...

:spiny:

I listen to everything, quite literally. A brief glance at my iTunes playlists shows that I listen to: classic rock, J-pop, metal, classical, reggae, punk, reggaeton, latin, dance, jungle, techno, film music, jazz and standards, rap, disco, '70s soul, hip hop, country, traditional Irish music, African tribal beats... and it goes on.

I'm not sure what that says about myself...

I mainly listen to film music and jazz as well as classical. With my limited monetary resources it would be ruinous to start buying all the music I like outside those 3 genres. My tastes range from Rock to classical and everything in between. I like many songs but before I did not want to buy a whole CD to get that one particular song but in this day and age it is not difficult to get that one particular song anymore. :spiny:

-Soundtracks

-Flamenco

-J-Pop

-Jazz

-Classical/Contemporary

-ethnic (african, oriental, etc.)

-Choral

and

-Geinoh Yamashirogumi :spiny:

But mostly John Williams.

Phantom Planet [...] Blink 182, Green Day, etc.

It quite surprises me you like pop-punk like Green Day, Ray, that's nice. ;) Blink-182 used to be good untill 1999 (Enema of the State), back when they had fun, wrote funny songs and be jackasses all the time. Then they messed up their career what all that crap like "writing mature songs", "grow up", and stuff. Green Day, on the contrary, are older than them, but still can be funny, which doesn't mean you have to be young to have fun.

I don't love particularly the chorus in "California", but the vocal melody in the verses is absolutely great, I love it.

As my musical tastes, well it's bizarre. I like a lot of different kind of music, and I listen to different things.

There hasn't been a single day since 2001 in which I din't listened to at least 1 NOFX song. There are periods in which the majority of stuff I listen is rap, other periods scores, others metal, but NOFX is always up there, a constant presence anywhere I am.

I generally prefer fast music, so fast punk, the fast metal aka thrash metal (but I really like every kind of metal - except maybe doom metal, even if there are exception) and even some fast banjo bluegrass stuff (I don't own any bluegrass CD, I don't know any particular artist, but damn, they play faaast!!). I rarely listen to Italian music.

So here is a little close-up:

• Punk: NOFX, good old Offspring, LagWagon, Pennywise, Good Riddance, older Satanic Surfers, the wonderful cover band Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (you should check 'em out - they covered a lot of famous songs), older Blink-182, the always good Green Day, Bad Religion...
  • Rap: Eminem, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, Dr. Dre. Not a lot of names (I like some other too - Expecially East Coast), but Wu-Tang Clan release hundreds of songs every year, so they're enough for me.
  • Rock in general: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Guns'N'Roses, Mötorhead, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Dire Straits, guitar gods like Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen...
  • Thrash Metal: Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, Exodus, Overkill...
  • Death Metal: (I rarely listen to this kind of music, but as all the kind of metal, CD covers are funny! :spiny: ) Death, Deicide, Obituary, Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse (a band that Jim Carrey is a great fan of ;) ) Metal musicians always choose funny names to give to their band, that is sure.
  • Black Metal: I like the mix between classical and metal music, in bands like Dimmu Borgir, Bathory, Burzum, Venom...it's an interesting mix IMO, and a lot of songs of these bands are exclusively classical music (played of course with keyboards - but most of them have a sound which is more realistic than Zimmer's sound ;) ). Satanic lyrics want to be scary, but on the contrary I find most of them as funny and bizarre. A lot of bands use Latin, which I don't know. I read some English lyrics here and there, but the lyrics isn't a interesting aspect for me in this kind of music, since I'm much more interested in the sound of this curious mix.
  • Epic/Power/Speed/Symphonic Metal: it's a great kind of music, my close second favorite after thrash. This is most of the time a fast music, but there are wonderful orchestral moments. Lyrics are often about epic battles, fantasy, science-fiction, tales/legends, medieval times, and so on. My favorite bands are Bal-Sagoth (truly a gem to discover), Helloween, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Manowar (and I should add Iron Maiden as well, since this is the music they mostly do if we wanna label it)...and CD covers are most of the times masterpieces of art.
      Plus of course classical music, so John Williams and a lot of other filmmusic composers I don't wanna list once again, as I'm tired of typing.
      Then obviously classical composers like Beethoven, Wagner, Mozart...

I think about 90% of my listening consists of film scores. Other times it's just assorted songs I happen to like. I do have some Pink Floyd albums, copied off my dad's originals, and I'd like to explore The Beatles better. My dad has all their records, and I remember as a kid I once was going to listen to all of them in a row, but I don't think I got any further than the first few albums. Yellow Submarine might be as far as I got. It's kind of hazy now. Unfortunately, the record player is no longer working, and we only have Sgt. Pepper's and 1 on CD.

But as far as music goes, I haven't spent any money on anything other than scores since at least 2001.

I don't know if "broad" is the word for my tastes... they're not as narrow as ONLY film and classical music (which makes up the majority of my CD collection), I like a few other odds'n'ends, but nothing else that I'd call myself a fan of.

I dont own any non film scores cd.

I just listen to non film music when i go out. And i dont enjoy all of it...

Luke who wonders how popular would be a pud that used film music :spiny:

anything I choose to listen to is either film music or classical, so thus all my albums are either film music or classical. however, since I cannot drive and my parents like popular music, thats what I end up having to listen to on short trips in the car.

I would say that 95% of the music I listen to these days is film music.

Most of the other music I enjoy listening to is from 1975 to 1986. I really find it hard to say anything positive about music since the mid 90's.

I hate country and really don't enjoy classical as strange as that may sound. I cannot stand modern rap, give me RunDMC anytime over today's stuff.

Some of my listening pleasures include:

Earth Wind & Fire

The Commodores

Kool & The Gang

K.C. & the Sunshine Band

The Police

Duran Duran

Metallica

Def Leppard

AC/DC

Van Halen

INXS

Phil Collins

Michael Jackson (Thriller- to good of an album to get rid of)

Bruce Hornsby

Chicago

The Eagles

Madonna - before the 90's

Warrant

Poison

Lenny Kravitz

Chic

U2

I'd like to explore The Beatles better. My dad has all their records, and I remember as a kid I once was going to listen to all of them in a row, but I don't think I got any further than the first few albums. Yellow Submarine might be as far as I got. It's kind of hazy now. Unfortunately, the record player is no longer working, and we only have Sgt. Pepper's and 1 on CD.

But as far as music goes, I haven't spent any money on anything other than scores since at least 2001.

You should give Rubber Soul, Revolver, Magical Mistery Tour and the White Album a very good listen, you won't regret it.

If I exclude all things soundtrack-related.

Venetian Snares. Autechre. Aphex Twin. Boards of Canada. Squarepusher. mu-ziq. Amon Tobin. etc....

But also Coltrane, Miles, Dylan, N. Young, Philip Glass, etc... All 50+ albums each with extensive bootlegs (thank you dimeadozen!)

the VU. William Basinski. Pink Floyd. Godspeed you Black Emperor!. Sigur Ros. NIN. Radiohead. The Arcade Fire. The Beatles. The Flaming Lips. Dozens and dozens of others. It'll never end, my love for artistic sound.

I have a very broad taste in musicals of all genre (from Gershwin's operettas, likeStrike Up the Band to Jonathan Larson's rock/techno-ish Rent), so that's a bit of a departure from film music.

Then again, my iTunes also lists albums by The Kinks, The Who, Arctic Monkeys, Eminem, Alanis Morisette, Benny Goodman, the Ben Taylor Band, Bruce Springsteen, Prokofiev, Nena Daconte, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Mecano, Joss Stones, Keane, The Killers, Lifehouse, Mahler, Meatloaf, Mindy Smith, Queen, Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Remy Zero, Sarah Brightman, Shakira, Sixpence, Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grappelli, Texas, They Might be Giants, Weezer, Johnny Cash, Massive Attack, Simple Plan or The Goo Goo Dolls.

I'd like to explore The Beatles better. My dad has all their records, and I remember as a kid I once was going to listen to all of them in a row, but I don't think I got any further than the first few albums. Yellow Submarine might be as far as I got. It's kind of hazy now. Unfortunately, the record player is no longer working, and we only have Sgt. Pepper's and 1 on CD.

You should give Rubber Soul, Revolver, Magical Mistery Tour and the White Album a very good listen, you won't regret it.

Yes, those early Beatle albums are unlistenable in my opinion. That early stuff is pretty much boy-band fluff, with a few highlights. Start with Help! and listen to everyone of those onward.

Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be. Abbey Road being the best. Check out the original Yellow Submarine album as well, it's half songs and half score by George Martin that is pretty good.

I listen to:

50% Classical

45% Film Score

5% Pop/Rock

Jeff - who has not posted in quite a while, Hi everyone! :music:

About 50-50 between film music and progressive rock (most specifically, the styles blended with metal, such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc.). It used to be 50-50 between film scores and metal in general, but my tastes in rock music have become much more selective.

I'm trying to turn them into thirds, by listening to more classical music.

Godspeed you Black Emperor!

And I thought I was part of a secret elite group who loves these guys ROTFLMAO

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a great band (notice my positioning of the exclamation point ;))

Tim :music: "Storm"

Yes, those early Beatle albums are unlistenable in my opinion.  That early stuff is pretty much boy-band fluff, with a few highlights.  Start with Help! and listen to everyone of those onward.

Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be.  Abbey Road being the best.  Check out the original Yellow Submarine album as well, it's half songs and half score by George Martin that is pretty good.

I strongly disagree about the early albums, there are a lot of good songs, great performances and a lot of energy. However they are indeed in a different style and I can understand why someone who likes the later albums may not enjoy the early ones. Like you said the turning point was probably Help!, altough I would say the change started in Beatles for Sale.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes  

I always wondered about them...the only time I've heard of them was recently, when I downloaded their rock version of "The Rainbow Connection," which is fun. You say they've redone a lot of older stuff?

Ray Barnsbury

Except for country music. I like almost all types. My faves are:

John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Elliot Goldenthal, Alex North, Bernard Herrmann and Michael Kamen for film scoring.

Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Vaughan Williams, Debussy, Zemlinsky, Elgar, John Adams and Bartok for classical.

Supertramp, Alan Parsons Project, Bjork, Soundgarden, Rush, The Who, The Eagles, America, Alice in Chains, Chantal Kreviazuk for pop/rock.

Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Tomita, and Kitaro for New Age/Electronic.

John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Sonny Rollins, Art Tatum, Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Allan Holdsworth, Thelonious Monk, Branford Marsalis, Michael Brecker, Dave Holland, Miles Davis, and Chick Corea for jazz/fusion

and the list goes on and on and on and on........

Yes, those early Beatle albums are unlistenable in my opinion.  That early stuff is pretty much boy-band fluff, with a few highlights.  Start with Help! and listen to everyone of those onward.

Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be.  Abbey Road being the best.  Check out the original Yellow Submarine album as well, it's half songs and half score by George Martin that is pretty good.

I strongly disagree about the early albums, there are a lot of good songs, great performances and a lot of energy. However they are indeed in a different style and I can understand why someone who likes the later albums may not enjoy the early ones. Like you said the turning point was probably Help!, altough I would say the change started in Beatles for Sale.

I think I didn't get any further than Help! Must be why I'm so very unfamiliar with what are often referred to as great Beatle songs and albums.

I remember liking the Yellow Submarine album, and the score tracks on it. I probably have some of it on a cassette tape lying around somewhere.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes  

I always wondered about them...the only time I've heard of them was recently, when I downloaded their rock version of "The Rainbow Connection," which is fun. You say they've redone a lot of older stuff?

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah, they did 4 albums, plus a live record with all new songs, plus of course a lot of 7" with a lot of b-sides.

Every record has its own "theme", as they cover a particular decade each album.

Have a ball (1997 - covering mostly the '70s)

01 - Danny’s Song

02 - Leaving On A Jet Plane

03 - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard

04 - One Tin Soldier

05 - Uptown Girl

06 - I Am A Rock

07 - Sweet Caroline

08 - Seasons In The Sun

09 - Fire And Rain

10 - Nobody Does It Better

11 - Mandy

12 - Rocket Man

Are a drag (1999 - covering musicals songs)

01 - Over The Rainbow

02 - Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

03 - Science Fiction Double Feature

04 - Summertime

05 - Favorite Things

06 - Rainbow Connection

07 - Phantom Of The Opera Song

08 - I Sing The Body Electric

09 - It’s Raining On Prom Night

10 - Tomorrow

11 - What I Did For Love

12 - Cabaret

Blow in the wind (2001 - covering mostly the '60s - this is their best album IMO)

01 - Blowin’ In The Wind (simple, but effective and amazing!)

02 - Sloop John B.

03 - Wild World

04 - Who Put The Bomp

05 - Elenor

06 - My Boyfriend’s Back

07 - All My Loving

08 - Stand By Your Man

09 - San Francisco (I love this cover, the original version was also in the Forrest Gump OST)

10 - I Only Want To Be With You

11 - Runaway

12 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

13 - Different Drum

Take a break (2003 - covering mostly R'n'B songs)

01 - Where Do Broken Hearts Go

02 - Hello

03 - End Of The Road

04 - Ain’t No Sunshine

05 - Nothing Compares 2 U

06 - Crazy

07 - Isn’t She Lovely

08 - I Believe I Can Fly

09 - Oh Girl

10 - I’ll Be There

11 - Mona Lisa

12 - Save The Best For Last

13 - Natural Woman

Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah (2004 - this is the live album, but all the songs are new - I like it, though I'd liked it more if it was a regular studio album. Covers are from no particular decade, from '60s to '80s)

01 - Jonny’s Blessing (which is the intro)

02 - Stairway To Heaven (where they mess up badly the intro, but in the pure punk spirit, they left it in the final result!)

03 - Heart Of Glass

04 - Delta Dawn

05 - Come Sail Away

06 - O Sole Mio (this is sooo funny, and sung in Italian! :mrgreen:

07 - Strawberry Fields Forever

08 - Auld Lang Syne

09 - The Longest Time

10 - On My Mind

11 - Take It On The Run

12 - Superstar

13 - Hava Nagila

14 - Hava Nagila (Christmas Arrangement)

I think Bar Mitzvah are Jewish bars, and Fat Mike is Jew. They left the imperfections of live shows, as it's impossible to play perfectly. It's better than hear super-perfect live record, that sounds like studio albums. I think some commercial artists just re-record the song in a studio, and then add the "audience-sound", with screams, applauses and the usual live noise. Some live record just sound too perfect to be true. :|

The next record will feature covers of country-western songs, but no tracklist has yet revealed. From the Fat Wreck Chords website:

Well, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are taking their sweet ol’ time with their next record but we managed to get some details outta the band. This time they’re covering both styles of music: Country & Western. From the Dixie Chicks to Garth, Hank Sr. to Cash. Some of the crappy titles that are being thrown around are Lower The Bar, Cash In, and Can’t Quit You. Look for that thing to be out in October, but at this rate, who knows.

I just hope the Cash cover is "Ring of fire" - that song is funny in its original version, and punkcovered would be hell funny!

And as you may or may not know, MFATGG is a super-band, with members from other bands:

- Fat Mike (songwriter/bassist/singer from NOFX) here plays bass;

- Spike Slawson (bassist from Swingin' Utters) here sings;

- Chris Shiflett (guitarist from Foo Fighters and No Use For a Name) here plays guitar;

- Joey Cape (amazing singer of LagWagon) here plays guitar;

- Dave Raun (drummer from LagWagon) here plays drums.

If you can, check out their b-sides too. They did a lot of 7", each one of them named after the original artist they're covering, and containing 2 songs. The A-sides are songs later included on full-lenght albums, while B-sides are still unreleased (and I hope one day they'll do a compilations of these songs). For example, in the 7" called "Bob", the A-side is "Blowin' in the wind" (released in the 2001's album "Blow in the wind") while the B-side is "The times there are A-changing".

Some cool B-sides are, just to name few, "Country Roads", "I just called to say "I love you"", "Don't let the sun go down on me".

I hope this helps. If you thought that song was funny, I guarantee no regrets. After all, this IS a band they do just to have fun. ;)

I strongly disagree about the early albums, there are a lot of good songs, great performances and a lot of energy.

You are absolutely right, I didn't mean that the early stuff in general is unlistenable, I meant that as start-to-finish listening experiences those albums are unlistenable. Sorry for being so vague. The early stuff doesn't benefit from being listened to as entire albums (unless you were a teenage girl in the early 60s, I suppose).

Just about all of the songs on those early albums are teenage lovey songs, which can get redundant pretty fast. Taken as individual songs though, yes, most of them are quite good. "Please Please Me" and "All My Loving" ARE classics.

The later albums however feature John, Paul, and George all at the peak of their songwriting powers. The music is much more mature and avant-garde with a great variety of style packed into each album.

Jeff

Mostly film music and "classical", but also various others like Beatles (of course), Metallica (pretty much everything except St. Anger), Helloween, Blind Guardian, The Beautiful South, Apocalyptica, The Gift, Radiohead, Sigur Rós, ... and this or that, anything that sounds good to me is fine :mrgreen:

General hate music: mindless pop/chart trash, german "folk" music (I pretty much like every other kind of folk music that I know (Irish, Spanish, etc.) more...). And I don't like hiphop/rap, although I won't say there are no exception, if something is really good.

Country is fine as long as it doesn't get too boring :| (The father of a friend of mine has a country band, and they paly pretty fun stuff)

I go through phases of only film music, but generally, I alternate a great deal. In the past few days, film music has been maybe 7% of my listening.

Morlock- who's playlist for the past four days included 3 Zeppelin albums, 3 Dreamtheater albums, 1 Deep Purple album, 1 Radiohead album, A bit of The Da Vinci Code, and Mission:Impossible 1 & 3 (1 is still so much better, BTW).

Today, I think I'm going to add Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet and some Andres Segovia to the mix.

Morlock- who is surprised that it's been quite a while since his last Goldsmith phase

The later albums however feature John, Paul, and George all at the peak of their songwriting powers.  The music is much more mature and avant-garde with a great variety of style packed into each album.

Jeff

That's very true, however in the case of George Harrison I think his peak continued a bit more (probably because he wasn't allowed too many songs in each Beatles album), I recomend you check his first solo album "All things must pass", it has a lot of great songs.

Morlock- who's playlist for the past four days included 3 Zeppelin albums,

I was just listening to Led Zeppelin I the other day. Great album. Stairway to Heaven, The Battle of Evermore, and When The Levee Breaks are all fantastic.

Justin

That's very true, however in the case of George Harrison I think his peak continued a bit more (probably because he wasn't allowed too many songs in each Beatles album), I recomend you check his first solo album "All things must pass", it has a lot of great songs.

I like ATMP a lot, but it is far too long with a good share of mediocre stuff on it. Everything on disc 1 (of the 2CD set) though is great. "All Things Must Pass" is my favorite George song ever and despite the sub-par material it is my second favorite solo-Beatle album behind Band on the Run.

By the way, some of those songs on ATMP were written before the breakup of the Beatles. Have you heard the Beatle version of "All Things Must Pass" that is on Anthology 3?

Jeff

mostly film music.I'm not s narrow Williams minded as some people may think,but I don't care for much of the new composers in the last 10 years.AI like few specific classical pieces.

I own no pop music c.d.,other than the one my last girlfriend forgot at my place

K.M.