-please delete-

Faceman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the quotes from the original score very much. The entire movie owes a lot to the original, and so it seemed fitting for the score to pay homage also. I really enjoyed this remake. The original was a tough act to follow, but I'm glad the makers of the new movie didn't ruin the pacing of the film by filling it with cheap thrills. I enjoyed the score for what it was, but as I said the Goldsmith quotes were my favourite parts.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee... and I thought I could have an opinion. Well I found it to be very generic, the kind of score you could put in any of these crappy horror movies they make these days and it would make no difference, completely forgettable, also I think it was somewhat repetitive and also over the top is some scenes (although judging by your eloquent response you probably like over the top), not that the movie required anything better though.

Speaking of the "lowest form of intelligence you can get", if you read my post I said "I watched the movie last saturday and I thought the score was awful", I didn't say "After a lot of analysis and listening several times I've come to the conclusion that the score is awful", all I said is that after watching the movie I found the score to be quite bad, which is valid I think, the movie probably didn't help at all. And of course I haven't listened to it on CD, why would I waste money on that when I have Goldsmith's original, now that's one scary score.