Spielberg and Williams talk Catch Me

Tom Riddle

Here is a bit between Spielberg and JW concerning their new movie

and interesting tidbits about their career together, thoughts and opinions.

Its maybe part of the extra's used to make a dvd version of the film next spring or summer. Either way it provides insights into the two powerful men.

Harry Potter, I am looking for you.

My name is Tom,

you can call me He who must not be named.

or you can call me Voldemort if you dare!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I sthis for real?????????? 50 minutes of Harry Potter instead of 40, he will be back to score #3, he is scoring Timeline, and on top of all that there will be his score for Color Purple on the DVD???????? I never knew he scored it to begin with.....

I have to go reread it again,

THANK YOU!

Yeah, now that I think more about this, it does really seem fake. joea is part of the web address, and Joe Allen is our poster. The Clinton thing? Both Joe and Bill are from Arkansas. Timeline is something Joe has been pushing for a while.

~Harry, not happy anymore

Oh my gosh!!!!!!  I can't believe what I just read!!!!!!!!  I don't care if it's fake, I just highly enjoyed reading it and getting excited about this!!!!

But if it's fake, then what's to get exited about.

To my knowledge there has never been an interview by anyone invloved in the making of The Color Purple explaining Williams absence.

A few months back i saw a documentary about Quincy Jones, he sorta states that he scored that film because the production of the film was so hectic they totally forgot about the musical score, so he stepped in at the last minute.

Personally I do not believe one word of that, by that time the Willams/Spielberg collaboration was already very well established, i very much doubt it that Steven did not have John on his mind.

Stefancos- ever distrustfull.

Potter,

you finally responded to one of my posts.

If you would have just given me the stone all of the unpleasantness that is yet to come, would not have been needed.

As for the validity of the post I was emailed the link. I cannot attest to its authenticity.

That leaves the question, who is Tom Riddle?

Is he another one of Joe's redundant identities?

Should he be banned?

Were are Ricard und Andreas when you really need them?

Stefancos- in distress.

I would defend myself but you have already found me guilty.

Joe, unaware that he was bound by Cardassian Law.

I am not Tom Riddle, I am JoeinAr

This madness should really stop.  I, and probably others, am getting tired of seeing this false information.  Who emailed the link to you, Mr. Riddle?

~Harry

Why Bertha Jenkins of course!!!

having read this, I'm 99% sure that this is fake. John and Steven don't talk like kindergarten kids to each other.

If you want to make a joke, try to do it better!

It's definitely fake, and badly done.

I was unaware that John Williams was previously in the Dukes of Hazard.

"I been talkin' to Dick Donner..."

I'm right here.

Does anyone still think that this news is for real? Do I really need to confirm the name of the impostor? :roll:

PS. Shoul I ban him? :)

And shame on this ne'r-do-well for linking to my site as a source. You know, there are other Spielberg fansites out there that get information incorrect on a regular basis and spread obvious rumor as God's word. Why don't ya link to one of them ya big bully?...

:ola:

I admit, I got excited at first, since it's such a slow news day I thought I'd found something. :)

I can't believe this, I wake up, barely able to see straight (or be straight but that's another story :) ) anyway, I sign on, read all this CRAP and I'm completely excited for about 15 minutes, then I go have breakfast, come back and realize it's all a hoax. HONESTLY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know Williams well enough that he talks in a very gentlemanly manner, and will never say such things as, "it's not your best work". This entire "chat" potrays Williams as arrogant, self-conceited, etc, which we know he is not.

The language used also are cheap sounding and uneducated. Both Williams and Spielberg are a lot more intelligent in their use of English than this.

So, the simple and obvious verdict is, this "chat" came from someone's imagination. :)

Better luck next time for the guy/gal that posted that.

I can't believe this, I wake up, barely able to see straight (or be straight but that's another story :ola: ) anyway, I sign on, read all this CRAP and I'm completely excited for about 15 minutes, then I go have breakfast, come back and realize it's all a hoax.  HONESTLY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's your own fault, you must not have been very awake.

Stefancos- :)

What a load of censored horse feathers! You would never hear one of them tear ANY of the movies they've done apart! If you watch ANY interview in the past they always enjoy the work they've done most of the time It's us who tear the stuff apart!

Brian99_1 - hates having his hopes flown through the roof and then getting to read garbage!

I'm right here.

Does anyone still think that this news is for real? Do I really need to confirm the name of the impostor? :roll:

PS. Should I ban him? ROTFLMAO

Yes ban him since I am being implicated in this, admittedly, funny ruse.

:roll:

Joe, who loves a good joke,

and is watching a particularly gruesome episode of X-files

I started reading the interview/conversation when I got to the part when Steven taks about "The Color Purple." Nice talk, and then,

J.W. I loved the Color Purple, its one of your best, and I understand why you couldn't use my score. Besides I think the music used is fine.  

S.S. Well when the special edition dvd is released your score will be part of the extras.

:angry::eek:

I never knew Williams actually wrote something for the film! That's friggin' awesome! Oh myGod! Give me that DVD now!!! No, not tomorrow! NOW! (sorry for the all caps...I needed to really dirve that point home)

And he expects "Catch Me" to be his only nomination? No....naturally, I haven't heard the score, but I'd vote for "Minority Report" before "Catch Me."

And he's going to be doing all of Harry Potter #3? Awesome!

(Five minutes later, after Jeff has read all of the posts)....

ROTFLMAO;):) then LOL LOL then :oops: :oops:

Jeff -- feeling like a nincompoop for not noticing the signs

This is stupid. Whoever wrote this, stop trying to get attention. I got so excited while reading this, I didn't even notice how unlike Williams and Spielberg it was, and then my hopes were blown to smithereens. Honestly, it's not cool and it's not funny. Go find somewhere else to be a jerk.

Ray Barnsbury

*edited because I didn't like how I expressed my anger*

That is incredibly ridiculous.

I'm actually quite shocked that many/some of you fell for that. Someone, sadly, has way too much time on their hands/no life/no respect for individuals.

Director - annoyed/frustrated/disgusted, etc.

Hmm this sounded like Joe's handy work. 8O

Does this mean that Joe is Tom Riddle?? ;)

Justin -Confused and planning on living out the rest of his days as a hermit away from all the bad people. :cry2:

This is fucking stupid.  Whoever wrote this, stop trying to get attention for your pitiful little Internet life.  I got so excited while reading this, I didn't even notice how unlike Williams and Spielberg it was, and then my hopes were blown to smithereens.  Honestly, it's not cool and it's not funny.  Go find somewhere else to be a jackass.

Ray Barnsbury

In a post dated Saturday, August 24, Ray wrote:

...I feel sorry for those who have sticks so far up their asses they have to degrade everything for those who enjoy it. And the only "fanboys" around here are the ones who bitch all the time about the names of the episodes and the tinkering with the old trilogy. Who cares? I'd rather accept things as they come and realize there are more important things to get worked up about than Star Wars.

Anyone else notice a fundamental irony here?

Figo, who notices he who is without sin seldom casts the first stone. 8O

Hmm this sounded like Joe's handy work. :pukeface:  

Does this mean that Joe is Tom Riddle?? 8O  

Justin -Confused and planning on living out the rest of his days as a hermit away from all the bad people. :cry2:

Justin, you said back in April you were waiting to see what I did next, well here it is.

I asked Tom to post it for me because no one would believe me AGAIN.

Tom is innocent, only to the degree that he didn't create it. He just posted it for me. If anyone had bothered to right click on the link, you would have seen my name. I couldn't hide it. It was right there for anyone to find.

To Ray, and all of you who got PO'd, I have some rasberries for you. :sigh:

For those of you who said it wasn't well written, try to do better. And you grammer nazi's out there, in any transcripted speech, there are occasional copy errors. I figured I did ok for about 10 minutes of work.

The whole point is to have some fun, and it was. In one basket I gave you hope, insight, and truth, In the end, hopes were dashed, insight was blind, but a little truth still remained.

For 40 posts there was not one disparaging word about Star Wars. It was all about Steven, and John, and what a jerk I was.

I will retire my pranks for 5 or 6 months, since I won't even be able to tell the truth. Call me the boy who cried wolf. I was willing to risk banishment for this, because too many people have had there feelings hurt over Star Wars. Movies and music may be our passions, and our follies, but they are not our lives. They are not mantra's that we live by(Luke excluded). This isn't serious stuff, this is leisure. Real life is about paying bills, mowing 3 acres fo grass, maintaining a garden, and household, and working 2 jobs. Amongst that there is still time for leisure and fun, JWFAN.Net is some of my fun time. I will only apologize to 2 people, Ricard and Andreas, for my ruckess. These two guys provide this wonderful site, and I knowingly broke the rules by posting false and misleading information. But I did leave clues for everyone to figure out. Kudo's to Stefan, Steven, and Neil, our 21st century Sherlock Holmes, they all figured it out. Timeline gave it away.

Joe, who feels bad now.

Ok, no I don't. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Screw 'em, Joe! We're constantly accused of taking things too seriously around here, but when the shoe is on the other foot, there are an awful lot of tiny legs straining to reach our asses.

Figo, with both middle fingers thrust high.

Justin, you said back in April you were waiting to see what I did next, well here it is.

I asked Tom to post it for me because no one would believe me AGAIN.

Tom is innocent, only to the degree that he didn't create it.  He just posted it for me.  If anyone had bothered to right click on the link, you would have seen my name.  I couldn't hide it.  It was right there for anyone to find.

Another thing that made me suspicious is that when Joe gives a link he uses an entire senctence for the link. Tom does the same thing here.

Elementry my dear Watson. :pukeface:

Justin -Who never really made the connection until a few minutes ago. :sigh:

8O LOL

Come on people, as much as we would have liked it to be true and as much as we wanted to believe it, it was pretty damn funny! And I completely fell for it hook line and sinker. There was no way I could have guessed otherwise as I was half asleep at the time. DAMN YOU!!!!!! 8O I really did want more Potter music.. really I did.... can't that part be true... no? are you sure? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze..... bawling banghead :sigh::pukeface:

And of course we can use the F word if it is in context. What's wrong with that, it's just part of speech.

I agree with Ocelot.

You are cruel Joe. CRUEL!!!! bawling

Justin - Who thinks Joe should be :pukeface: for this censored prank. banghead

:yellow: :sigh: :yellow:

Ohh, Justin, now you make me feel like Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom.

Mola Ram

Mola Ram

This is fucking stupid.  Whoever wrote this, stop trying to get attention for your pitiful little Internet life.  I got so excited while reading this, I didn't even notice how unlike Williams and Spielberg it was, and then my hopes were blown to smithereens.  Honestly, it's not cool and it's not funny.  Go find somewhere else to be a jackass.

Ray Barnsbury

In a post dated Saturday, August 24, Ray wrote:

...I feel sorry for those who have sticks so far up their asses they have to degrade everything for those who enjoy it. And the only "fanboys" around here are the ones who bitch all the time about the names of the episodes and the tinkering with the old trilogy. Who cares? I'd rather accept things as they come and realize there are more important things to get worked up about than Star Wars.

Anyone else notice a fundamental irony here?

Figo, who notices he who is without sin seldom casts the first stone. ;)

Yep, I really ruined the joke that everyone else loved so much. So sorry. And I really do bitch all the time, don't I? Never a positive word comes out of my mouth, I'm just one big complainer. :roll: Accepting things as they come is not dwelling on stuff like Star Wars prequels YEARS after they come out. I don't have a problem with being upset after just being disappointed, be it the Star Wars prequels or false information, my post obviously shows that. And again, getting worked up about something that happened 3 minutes ago is a different matter than people who are STILL complaining about The Phantom Menace. I'm so sick of some of the stuff going on around here (oops! was that a complaint?). And this has nothing to do with Ricard or Andreas, in case they wondered.

Ray Barnsbury

Number one, i'm not bringing this thread back from the dead because this is the first time i've read it and i have the right to post in it, so Figo, don't try to pull any of your stupid ass "irony" or "bringing up old news" shit. Posting false information about a topic that everyone is serious about on a message board is not funny at all. I'm glad i wasn't around to read the artical before i found out it was a joke because i would have been ready to rip someone's head off. When Steef writes threads trashing people on the board, everyone knows that he's joking, and he's doing it to take away a little bit from the seriousness of the board. That is funny. People actually trust each other on this board and believe what they read that others write about John williams to be the truth. Now that i see the way some of you people act, i'm surprised how any one can have any trust for anyone. Some of you people are nice one week, and stab each other in the back the next. That's what makes me sick about this board. Some of you need to think about your actions before you act on them. That might be too much to ask of some of you, but i'm sure you can if you try.

-Jason