Youtube clips

KingPin

Not long to go to the World Cup, so here's the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra playing Bill Conti's music from Escape to Victory. Russell Osman, John Wark, Mike Summerbee, jumpers for goalposts!

A few months back (last year, actually) I was struck with a completely random, silly thought. I decided to lay down the audio track of my all-time favorite, epic movie teaser and then cut over it footage from a more . . . recent film. I didn't alter or add anything to the teaser track; I had to match a visual of some kind with every sound and hit in the music. I think I was noodling the end result as something along the lines of "Shining" or "Must Love Jaws" to begin with, though it ultimately turned out to be something a lot different--more like the whole Day Job Orchestra thing.

It took longer than I thought it would to polish it off, but I'm pleased with the end result, and now I'm pleased to share a Middle Earth reboot of the Robert Zemeckis classic:

LOL at 2:10!!!

That was hilarious!

LOL at 2:10!!!

That was hilarious!

Thanks. That particular clip was one of the earliest (and easiest) insertions, and was a major factor in convincing me I could pull the thing off.

General Zod's lawyer, Leg-El, prepares Zod's legal "defense" before his trial on Krypton.

General Zod - Chris Tallman
Leg-El - Patton Oswalt

This is so random and hilarious.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... I was saving a few videos from Youtube today via Firefox's Downloadhelper, and if I open them with VLC, the image has been turned a bit.

(I know I can put it straight again using VLC but the corners of the image would be gone then, and anyway, I want the original youtube file.)

Since when is this? Is there a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has already been posted but...

This looks so much more interesting than the vanilla cookie-cutter film we got from Disney. This music selected for the clips is great, with selections from Van Helsing, Gabriel Yared's Troy, and JP: The Lost World. These music clips contain much more wonder and energy than Giacchino's overly plucky score, making me long for what any of the aforementioned composers could have brought to the project.

• 2 weeks later...