Youtube clips

KingPin

lol still missing the point.

THe point is to hear how the music flows in the film.

Again, if the music is the point, why is half the clip made up of an unscored dialogue scene? The last few lines of the scene would suffice.

But anyway, it's not like I don't appreciate the effort. :wave:

Chinese Police Brass Band play "Olympic Fanfare & Theme"  

They sound great!

Well,yes,untill the B section,wich is meant for strings.

K.M.

It's an arrangement..... :?

I know,but the B section doesn't seem to work at all in brass.

K.M.

So, here's another video I just did. It's the scene I promised everyone.

Star Wars: Symphonic Forces Vol III "The Arnea" (SW: Episode II)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3zaPxNmNk

It took a little figureing out. I tried starting off from where the music gets tracked in near the end, thinking maybe if I play it backwards from that I could get to where it should be... I managed to match a few moments to their cues and such but there was a little bit of editing invovled in order to do so. I think the scene was stretched out in some areas and trimmed in others.

You may also notice I did a little editing besides that. I removed the Geonosians "Yah!" when tehy leave... I felt it really interrupted the scene... :-p

I'm also working on some Episode III videos... The Opening Shots, General Grevious, The Elevator Scene, Grevious Flees...

I'll post them when they're finished.

Just wanted to post that I finished the Episode III edits.

Star Wars: Symphonic Forces "Boys into Battle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRb3YhSNFA

Star Wars: Symphonic Forces "General Grevious" and "The Elevator Scene"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71BIOUh2f4

Star Wars: Symphoinc Forces "Grevious Flees"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceyvXlVeFE

I thought
was kinda cool...

Tim

so...ahem...does anybody have a copy of that "Fantasia for violinist Joshua Bell of the Gershwin opera Porgy and Bess?"

Sounded pretty cool

Chinese Police Brass Band play "Olympic Fanfare & Theme"  

They sound great!

Well,yes,untill the B section,wich is meant for strings.

K.M.

It's an arrangement..... :?

I know,but the B section doesn't seem to work at all in brass.

K.M.

That does tend to rely on the band that is playing it, rather than the arrangement.....and this band don't seem to have got a grip of it quite.....

Mine have!

A discussion for another thread, however....

:angry:

Just found this interview made in Spain last summer.

One funny ( ;) ) interviewer asked Zimmer more or less if he wanted to take over Williams at Spielberg's side when he (Williams) kicked the bucket.

I think i have some respect for him after his response.

Long Live John Williams! :music:

And i hope this is not old news

I found it on this page (many composer videos here but text is in spanish)

http://scoremusica.blogspot.com/2006_11_01...01_archive.html

Here is a short clip of John conducting the Boston Pops playing the Magnificent Seven Theme. It was taken on my digital camera so its really shaky becuause I didnt want to get in trouble. More longer clips on the way. This is the May 13 Saturday afternoon concert.

Here is John conducting Olympic Spirit. Same concert.

Here is John conducting the Flying Theme from E.T. I panned to the brass because I thought they had that little lick but I was thinking of somethin else I guess, oh well its still cool to see the brass counting their rests so wonderfully.

It sounds like the audience didn't even realize that they were hearing E.T. at first, they didn't start clapping until the flying theme started. Then again, I guess most people aren't familiar with the concert version. But you'd figure so with a Williams crowd.

Tim

It sounds like the audience didn't even realize that they were hearing E.T. at first, they didn't start clapping until the flying theme started.  Then again, I guess most people aren't familiar with the concert version.  But you'd figure so with a Williams crowd.

Tim

That ALWAYS happens whenever Flying Theme is performed at his concerts. Too many not-so-die-hard fans in the audiences... :roll:

the fact that people clapped at all during a piece disturbes me...

True, in some instances. During an encore I don't mind it so much, because that's usually where the audience favorites happen. But during a programmed piece, I don't care for it. It REALLY bugs me when people clap in between movements of suites because of the long-standing tradition of holding the applause until after the final movement. It just delays the performers and makes the concert get out later than it needs to.

A New Jurassic Park Unleashed video.

It's T-rex Rescue and Finale. In the film,they replace about 20 seconds worth with "Theme from Jurassic Park." This is when the rex saves the day all the way to when as they run down the stairs and Alan says to Hammond "Mr. Hammond, I've decided not to endorse your park."

A long time ago, I was able to download raw audio from the film, without any music at all...this was one of the scenes. So all I had to do was replace the dvd rip audio with the file audio, and layer the unused music under it and viola!

lol

enjoy!

EDIT: It turns out I made a mistake so I had to go back and redo a small segment. Here is the new edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14gBLVji9d4

Hey all, got another Jurassic Park: Unleashed video.

THis time it's the complete "High Wire Stunts" sequence... in the film, the first minute of the track is removed,and the last few moments are as well. This replaces them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLKVCJLrGs

I agree... I don't really like "High Wire Stunts" with the first minute. There are a few cues in Jurassic Park that are like that... where he composed an introduction that wasn't used in the film...that almost doesn't fit visually in the film...

It makes me wonder if rather than having them start where you see them start in the film, if he purposely arranged an introduction for them.

"An Ailing Monster," "The Falling Car," and "High Wire Stunts" all have extended opennings that are, in sooth, un-needed and are unused in the film.

I thought
was kinda cool. I've never seen anyone play an electric organ before, especially with such intensity.

Thats pretty amazing, considering that it is only one person playing a single instrument.

Hello all

I thought I would post the Maestro conducting his brilliant arrangement of Oscar-winning scores again, since the original video from the first page has been removed (be warned that this one is in Spanish, although it *is* the music that we're interested in).

This is quite possibly one of my favorite youtube clips of all time. It's inspiring every time I see it.

Or better yet, get the audio of it from this great site without that jackass talking through it and fumbling with his mic.

I dunno - the marriage of visuals and music make it all the more poignant to me, especially with most of these entries being both fantastic scores and movies. This relationship between imagery and sound is what got me into soundtracks in the first place so I like seeing the two together. But maybe that's just me.