Youtube clips

KingPin

Continuing the John Williams vocal themes theme ( ;) ), here's a clip of none other than Lady Ella Fitzgerald belting out Make Me Rainbows from John Williams's score for Fitzwilly back in '79 with the Count Basie Orchestra.

Nice performance, Maglorfin!

Thanks Omen II! :D Some nasty glitches in there, but considering the fact we're an amateur band and that JW's music is very demanding to play, we pulled it off pretty well. :P

Here's another one: Star Wars Saga. :D

The BBC Sherlock with Mancini's music:

I assume that the Mancini score is from "Basil", yes?

The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective, yes.

I think it would be fair to say that this clip has something for everyone. Could this version of John Williams's John Goldfarb, Please Come Home be the one that was sung by Jaye P. Morgan and issued as a single at the time of the movie's release? It is not one of the versions featured on the soundtrack CD.

;)

:lol: I wonder if they could pull that off in the NFL. Although something similar happened with the stupid Broncos. They never actually touched the guy when he was on the ground and he just got up and ran it in as they were huddling back up.

;)

Harry Potter on Piano - like you've never heard it beore (unless it's already on this thread - had a skim through - couldn't find it.....so apologies if it's a repost.....)

I don't like this performance. Very uninspired and untrue to the original (most notable is the opening tempo). The orchestra is probably good but I guess conductor's musical, technical and interpretational approach just weren't right. And what do pics of our planetary system have to do with Star Wars? Probably it was a "space music"-themed concert with everything from 2001 (Zarathustra), The Planets and Star Wars and the projection was done by some poor chap who'd never seen a SW movie in his life.

Thought I'd put this up for the Christmas season. This a Lessons and Carols service I was involved in. I think we did pretty well! Kudos to all the music faculty at Providence College! Video can be viewed

. Thanks for watching.

That was fantastic! My only complaint though is why they chose to perform Anakin's Theme, as it isn't a love theme... But well, it sounded fantastic nevertheless. And I never thought that those snippets of The Imperial March could sound so menacing on an Oboe.

And Williams serouisly needs to write a new love theme! I'm sure he loves (no pun intended) writing those.