Youtube clips

KingPin

This one is obviously an older score. The genre will likely be quite apparent. The score sounds like it's done with about five percussion instruments, mostly snare drums. I can't give clues to who the composer is, because there's some confusion as to who scored it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7afIlciNc

Did anyone here watch the recent BBC series of The Choir? For the uninitiated, choirmaster Gareth Malone brings together groups of people who have never sung before (and in many cases would never have dreamt of doing so) and teaches them to sing. In the latest series he went to RMB Chivenor in north Devon to form a choir from the military wives and girlfriends whose husbands were away serving in Afghanistan. I thought it was the best programme on TV all year. The end result was a song written specially for them by composer Paul Mealor and based on extracts from letters home from the soldiers.

Ha! That was brilliant. And I liked the effects ;)

The best thing about Star Wars and its iconic place in popular culture are constant references to JW's music. People really revere that shit and that makes me smile.

A lovely thank-you-JW speech by Chris Reeve I've never seen before, seemingly from a ceremony when JW retired from conducting Boston Pops.

Hey nice find, thanks for linking!

It's amazing how many obscure videos there are floating around the world.

Using a fake "Prometheus" trailer from a couple years ago, I used music by a favorite composer of mine to rescore it, 'cause I wish he'd get a job like this, and making the video only made me further concur with the initial thoughts. Again, not my trailer, so...

Hello everyone! I realize it has been an awful long while since I have been to this website, but after pre-ordering The Adventures of Tintin and War Horse I just got so excited that I set up camp outside of my community mail-box these past several months! There were some tough nights, but thankfully I was able to rummage through enough Thanksgiving and Christmas food parcels (and the occasional roadkill bunny rabbit) to keep myself alive.

Anyways, the primary reason I am typing this is to promote a performance of "John Williams is the Man" for saxophone quartet my friend recorded a few months back, if you will excuse the blatant advertisement. Even though we are jointly credited for the arrangement, most of the work was his: the only contributions I made were the Dracula transition and the Imperial March/Cantina Band counter-play, as well the idea of including the Star Wars theme after Jurassic Park.

I hope you people like it, and feedback of any sort would be gladly welcomed!

(I apologize for the generic "video", by the way.)

Despite the factual inaccuracies and the fact that it goes on a little too long, some parts of this are a little amusing. More importantly, it's a comedic video about John Williams--we don't get a lot of those, so they must be posted.

Not sure if

has been posted before, but this is an excerpt from a flute masterclass taught by Leone Buyse, who was the principal flutist of the Boston Pops during the 80's and has been featured on some of that orchestra's recordings under John Williams. Midway through the clip, she tells a neat little anecdote that relates the maestro himself.

Zimmer's inspiration for THe Dark Knight:

I was pretty shocked when I heard that, specially after so many claims by Zimmer of having tried many different sounds for that one note theme

An der schönen, blauen Donau (AKA The Blue Danube), as performed by Cantabile Symphony Orchestra (in which I also play) in New Year's Concert on January 2nd, 2012.

I just found

while browsing around on youtube. It's from a TV special about the making of Quantum of Solace. At the 4:25 mark in this video (Part 3 of 4 of this featurette) we get a couple of minutes of David Arnold talking about the score and playing around in his studio. It doesn't show anything too interesting, but I always like it when I find footage of composers in their studios/recording sessions. The quality isn't very good since the guy who uploaded it recorded it from his TV, but it's still kinda cool.

I don't know if this was added already but here goes...

I'ts a clip of Jerry Goldsmith in 1975 conducting his own scores... I must say his pre-synthesizers and electronic music is really beautiful...

Just because the Harry Potter threads have slipped from the first page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9z5BeJ4KjQ

I'm not sure how I feel about the clip. I know the date is plain wrong, but the average movie-goer has no idea the stories did not take place in the present-day, but were shifted a few years back. The clip borders on funny and sad, but there was one line that made me laugh out loud.

I heaped some loving praise on three Billy Goldenberg scores over at another forum. I made some quick suites -- hope every body enjoys:

"Columbo: Ransom For a Dead Man"

"The Harness"

"Change of Habit"

Just because the Harry Potter threads have slipped from the first page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9z5BeJ4KjQ

I'm not sure how I feel about the clip. I know the date is plain wrong, but the average movie-goer has no idea the stories did not take place in the present-day, but were shifted a few years back. The clip borders on funny and sad, but there was one line that made me laugh out loud.

:lol: Thanks for that.

Here's a clip of Jerry Goldsmith being interviewed about John Williams' score to "Superman", Elmer Bernstein's score to "The Magnificent Seven", as well as his own score to "The Wind and The Lion."

Short clip about Jerry Goldsmith explaining his process of film composing.

I don't know if this was posterd in here before, but in any case:

Here's two very rare clips of legendary film composer Elmer Bernstein himself conducting his very own scores:

Here's one of John Williams conducting tributes for three composers:

Here's two very rare clips of legendary film composer Elmer Bernstein himself conducting his very own scores:

Thanks for posting these links, Chuckster! I was in the audience for that Elmer Bernstein concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 2001; it was part of the Proms season and was a really fine concert. I didn't know there was anything from it on YouTube. The concert featured several other works by Elmer (including The Ten Commandments and The Man With The Golden Arm) as well as other great film music by Steiner, Waxman, Raksin, Herrmann and others.

Yeah. Could've just used "Exultate Justi" instead.

Or even better: Cadillac Of The Skies, the concert arrangement. ;)

P.S. your avatar picture: where is it from...? Very cool...!