Youtube clips

KingPin

Even though it's only a cam video (a better than normal one), I'm still able to discern how brilliant a performance this is:

[media=]

Near perfect.

Yes! Good tempo and I like the horns and trombones at 2:20 playing the shit out of "can you read my mind" part.

And yes, those HD cam videos are brilliant , also the sound quality.

Even though it's only a cam video (a better than normal one), I'm still able to discern how brilliant a performance this is:

[media=]

Near perfect.

Yes! Good tempo and I like the horns and trombones at 2:20 playing the shit out of "can you read my mind" part.

yes!

but see, i STILL want to see it from the instrumentalists point of view

I want to see that conductor SHOW the climax of the piece.

Edgar Wright talks a bit about DePalma's The Fury and, in particular at the end, a bit about John Williams' score:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8QQ7IBLds

I'll never be able to hear "Gillian's Power" the same way ever again :lol:

Wonderful, thanks for sharing!

One of the greatest pieces I've heard for the solo alto sax.

For alto sax? I love the Cyber Bird Concerto. It's worth hearing all 3 movements, but the 2nd is gorgeous.

[media=]

[media=]

Near perfect.

I like the horns and trombones at 2:20 playing the shit out of "can you read my mind" part.

Yep. I always wished Williams used that alternate arrangement of that section. Sounds blissfully badass, which are two words never used in conjunction before now.

For alto sax? I love the Cyber Bird Concerto. It's worth hearing all 3 movements, but the 2nd is gorgeous.

Thank you, Joe! I'm listening to it as I type and it does sound great! :) Seems Toshimatsu really loved birds, I know his Fuzzy Bird Sonata for alto sax and piano, also a brilliant piece.

Your Studio and You. Matt Stone and Trey Parker's first Hollywood job, a short film that was made for a Universal Studios party and parodies the cheesy style of old 1950s educational films. Absolutely hilarious and loaded with guest stars (see if you can spot a certain board favorite operating the Universal tram tour ;))

[media=]

• 3 weeks later...

[media=]

Near perfect.

Holy crap, that gave me the chills!

For those of us who collect the John Williams Signature Edition conductor's scores, this is a performance of that particular version of the theme from The Patriot.

I wasn't sure where to put this. As a huge ToD score fan, i found it great.

It seems the whole show used music from ToD, there's some nocturnal activities on part 2/9, and much more.

Seems to be a unique recording/performance too. There are some differences between this music and the original, which makes me wonder what the discussions where like to get score and the recording. They probably had to hire and record an orchestra just for this background music. Either way, it's a nice recording, i wish i could find a better quality recording of it, there's even some additional music added here and there.

It almost seems like Copperfield loved the music so much he built some tricks around it (for timing), and paid the extra $$ to hire and orchestra and record it. Nice node to JW, and the great ToD score.

Lalo Schifrin's Jaws (1976)

I approve of this. I approve of this with extreme nodding :yes::D

I can almost imagine Hooper, Quint and Brody leaving the dock to this, rather than 'Out to Sea'.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a vid of the famous O Fortuna from Orff's Carmina Burana, arranged by yours truly for strings and percussion, and performed by the school orchestra I was playing in at the time (like 4 years ago). The recording is far from perfect but it's the only one I have. Hope y'all like it anyway! :)