Youtube clips

KingPin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching this just now with my daughter, the old softie in me teared up a bit, deary deary me. Fuck!

Love Dame Angela, charming old bird.

But after this and my current avatar, I don't think there's anything down for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It's like all of the other internet memes. It might be really funny the first time but as it gets endlessly repeated and recycled it loses it's charm. It's like listening to the same joke from 20 different people.

I'll scupper the classiness by linking some Meco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFwRSGLT_6M&list=FLQ8ymmZwPO5DdffZUurvkYg

when I was a kid my dad had this MECO Across the Galaxy casette and I came home from somewhere once to hear this booming out and loving the moment at the end: "Bye, bye...bye, bye..."

The Black Hole tune was and is funky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steven Spielberg Animated Tribute! (and his handwritten response!)

WOW!

Wish it was longer!

Excellent.

Oh, I'm in love.

And Stefan. Listen to it until the end...

Perfect woman. And then there's her good looks.

And then there's this:

God's gift to intellectual men?

Oh wait hang on she got a bit irritating after she stopped playing the instruments. Damn.

A few months back (last year, actually) I was struck with a completely random, silly thought. I decided to lay down the audio track of my all-time favorite, epic movie teaser and then cut over it footage from a more . . . recent film. I didn't alter or add anything to the teaser track; I had to match a visual of some kind with every sound and hit in the music. I think I was noodling the end result as something along the lines of "Shining" or "Must Love Jaws" to begin with, though it ultimately turned out to be something a lot different--more like the whole Day Job Orchestra thing.

It took longer than I thought it would to polish it off, but I'm pleased with the end result, and now I'm pleased to share a Middle Earth reboot of the Robert Zemeckis classic: