Youtube clips

KingPin

The End Of Blackadder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mep60vasbfI

After months of comedic life in the trench, the men are finally given their orders to go 'over the top'. Blackadder spends the entire last episode trying to worm his way out (as usual), but even he and his famous cunning can't wriggle out of this one...

From Blackadder Goes Forth, a legendary BBC comedy series set in the trench's of WW1. The entire series was wickedly funny, with Rowan Atkinson as the character of the title - Edmond Blackadder, arguably his best role. The script is as sharp as ever up until the very last moment, when it suddenly turns desperately moving. It totally suprised its audience when first aired - nobody saw it coming and it was recently voted one of the top 10 greatest TV moments ever in a public poll by Channel 4. If you haven't heard of this show, hunt it down.

my god. Who said Williams would get academy award nominated even with farts? Here, a proof :(

The scary thing is that there maybe someone in the earth who can do that with real farts...

Apparantly, what he was doing is called "manuelism", and it is some sort of art form that takes 30 years to master. If you can get past the fact that it's a hand farting, you could see how amazing it is.

My youtube account has been "permanently disabled". Damn them.....damn them all to hell. Ah well, time to start the process again.

Hitch

Paul Potts, the flavour of the month in the UK at the moment as discovered on Simon Cowell's Britain's Got Talent singing Nessun Dorma in his audition. He totally owned it and is favourite to win in tonights live final:

If this little gem of tv fails to move you you're clinically dead.

Paul Potts, the flavour of the month in the UK at the moment as discovered on Simon Cowell's Britain's Got Talent singing Nessun Dorma in his audition. He totally owned it and is favourite to win in tonights live final:

If this little gem of tv fails to move you you're clinically dead.

Impressive, indeed. Not a Kelly Clarkson, but still ok ;):P

Why?

It's not like he had any real competition.

The Lion King is a great score, but so was Forrest Gump and Shawshank.

That high note in Nessun Dorma just didn't work out. He was good, but not THAT good. I'm happy for him, though. :P

I'm happy anytime classical music can edge out the sludge that passes for music on these types of shows.

This may be old news, but here is a great link to a show hosted by Williams as a tribute to Alexander Courage. Really good!

- Tim.

This year it will be 50 years of Jean Sibelius' death.

Here are few clips of this fabulous finnish composer:

Hillary Hahn plays Sibelius violin concerto , 3.mov.

5. symphony Finale

5. symphony from 1:25 (when the swans raise to their journey) and 2:25 when they open

the curtain are amazing.

I gotta stop debating children who are only 16 years old.

They happen to be right. There were at least 4 good scores nomintes that year.

Why?

It's not like he had any real competition.

:o

;)

I've never heard a note of Lion King. One of my favourite all-time Newman scores was nominated (Shawshank) along with a superb Silvestri score, and you say he had no real competition?

• 1 month later...

The future of music is

/Not really, but it is pretty cool

//Read the video description for an explanation to how the sounds are made

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lAciDfxBN7U

James Horner talks about his score to Aliens. I think the 'Finale' that Horner supposedly wrote was just music written for Bishop's Countdown. I never cared for Bishop's Countdown, it always reminded me of Kirk's Explosive Reply. I love the Resolution cue, and I like it when Al blasts away at Karl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgabBIVoXPc

James Horner talks about his score to Aliens.

Eh?

It's a clip from Krusty Gets Kancelled, the season 4 finale of The Simpsons. :huh:

Shit. Sorry, I was sending that to a friend, and I guess the url didn't copy. It's all fixed now. And hey, who doesn't like Worker and Parasite? :P