Youtube clips

KingPin

Anyone else here looking forward to this years Last Night Of The Proms? I love it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nMRvZTk7QYE&...ted&search= Great stuff! Don't know why its labelled "part 6" though :huh:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RFweTyUfNJo&...ted&search= Stick around for the 4.25 onwards part :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcvcBxrfN4&...ted&search= The climax and highlight of the show. Amazing if you're a Brit, though some of the comments suggest that its great even if you're not. Again, I don't get why it's labelled "part 1"

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's an interesting take on some of JW's (and other composer's) cues:

Jaws:

Back to the Future:

Superman:

Batman:

James Bond:

Anyone else here looking forward to this years Last Night Of The Proms? I love it!

Yes, it's always a great show. Speaking of the Proms, did you catch the recent one with the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela? Absolutely fantastic! Apparently in Venezuela any child who's interested can get free loan of a musical instrument as well as free tuition. One of the encores was the Mambo from Bernstein's West Side Story - I've never seen anything quite like it:

Their charismatic conductor, Gustavo Dudamel, is only a young whippersnapper himself at just 26.

P.S. I reckon the principal flautist is a real cutie! ;)

Yes I saw that, it was fantastic. They played a russian symphony too, but I forget the name and its composer.

@The Great Eye- what are these clips? what is the theme of these shows?

The proms are an old annual tradition in Britain whereby different orchestras play various music from the classical catalogue at the Roya Albert Hall throughout the summer. The LSO and RPO often play. The Last Night Of The Proms is the climatic highlight to the festival and its basically an excuse to get together and revel in an old fashioned sense of british patriotism. Good harmless fun as you can see!

A better explaination.

Not really shocked, but it's still surprisingly idiotic. I even saw it on TV with subtitles and it still didn't make sense.

Hello people!

I found some interesting footage showing Johnny working on one of his Star Wars scores.

Don´t know if it´s been posted yet. But it´s interesing for those who dont know so much

about Johnny´s working process of doing a filmscore.

Greetings!

>Mark<

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VgCveDXZPCo&amp...ted&search=

If you want you can watch the other parts of the documentary by clicking on the "related links", listed on the right side of the video screen :lol:

Hello people!

I found some interesting footage showing Johnny working on one of his Star Wars scores.

Don´t know if it´s been posted yet. But it´s interesing for those who dont know so much

about Johnny´s working process of doing a filmscore.

Greetings!

>Mark<

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VgCveDXZPCo&amp...ted&search=

If you want you can watch the other parts of the documentary by clicking on the "related links", listed on the right side of the video screen :happybday:

Finally! This thing sees the light of day! Saw it at Berklee and they would not let me tape it! THANK YOU! This deserves its own thread.

YES! Thanks for the link Mark 73 :blink:

Someone needs to download and convert this just in case it gets removed. Stand up Good Musician ;)

Yes, this needs to be preserved for posterity, since the BBC obviously doesn't feel it's worthy.

That Simpsons/Star Trek performance is hilarious.

And I think we still need own thread for that BBC document. I saw it

for the first time and its amazing.

Patience... I'm working on it. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't watching/commenting on that. It was terrific. I especially enjoyed seeing JW spot Empire, and the comparison of the carbonite scene with and without music. It was great to see bits of Jane Eyre too, I love how she played the theme on piano. Now we just need another one covering the three decades since!

Ray Barnsbury

I've never seen Jane Eyre and the love theme sounded awesome played with piano in the film.

I also love when they are watching the carbonite scene. Leia: "I love you" , Han: "I know!"

and Williams after his nod approval imitates violin playing.Love theme.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BxEX__YXmDs&amp...ted&search=

Randomly cruising Youtube, I foud this clip. Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell playing together, with an introduction with Lennon and Mick Jagger. That's a bunch of good musicians on one stage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BxEX__YXmDs&amp...ted&search=

Randomly cruising Youtube, I foud this clip. Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell playing together, with an introduction with Lennon and Mick Jagger. That's a bunch of good musicians on one stage.

Whoa.

My thoughts exactly. Also found a clip of Jim Carrey singing 'I am the Walrus'. I have no idea why, or for what occaision, but it's a funny performance, produced by Beatles uber-producer George Martin. I know it's bad for one's mental health to listen to that song too often...but also found Oasis performing it, and they do a damn good job.

I have weird crossovers between bands, the winner of which is Dylan and Richards (story has it that they were good friends after a fight, in which Richards complained that Dylan had used their brand name for "Like a Rolling Stone" and Dylan had replied that he was happy to be the author of said song, because he could write that AND "Satisfaction" if he wanted; Richards, Dylan thought, could not have done the opposite. They apparently didn't make amends until Brian Jones died and Dylan paid for the funeral expenses, again according to the legend). But I did not know of this video.

Mighty good material this is.

Hi Eric!

No, it's not... There's supposedly some footage of me composing at this "stunt performance" thing that I did in Norway last September, but I've never been able to find it.

The event I'm refering to was a collaboration between myself and a painter; we shared residencies at a festival for arts and music, and one evening featured chamber works of mine at a gallery hosting an exhibition by the painter in question, all the while he painted a new large canvas, and I wrote a new movement for string quartet, which was performed at the end of the concert.

Multimedia 19th century style ;)

But I have never found it. I'll post a link if I do.

EDIT: Found it!

I don't know how to post a link, but just search for "KKKK Festivalen" (I know, a rather unfortunate series of K's, they stand for "Kristiansund Kirke Kunst Kultur" which means Kristiansund Church Arts Culture). There's a bit of a Mozart adagio playing initially, and then some random excerpts from the finale of my string quartet no.3

Hi Eric!

No, it's not... There's supposedly some footage of me composing at this "stunt performance" thing that I did in Norway last September, but I've never been able to find it.

The event I'm refering to was a collaboration between myself and a painter; we shared residencies at a festival for arts and music, and one evening featured chamber works of mine at a gallery hosting an exhibition by the painter in question, all the while he painted a new large canvas, and I wrote a new movement for string quartet, which was performed at the end of the concert.

Multimedia 19th century style :blink:

But I have never found it. I'll post a link if I do.

EDIT: Found it!

I don't know how to post a link, but just search for "KKKK Festivalen" (I know, a rather unfortunate series of K's, they stand for "Kristiansund Kirke Kunst Kultur" which means Kristiansund Church Arts Culture). There's a bit of a Mozart adagio playing initially, and then some random excerpts from the finale of my string quartet no.3

I couldn't find where you described. The page I visited began with Beethoven 9th and then some other stuff that didn't sppear to be your string quartet. If you can link me right to it, I'd love to hear.

As for that Yamaha Electone, I'd love to have one of those. I wonder if these youtube performances have some parts that were sequenced beforehand, or if all of it was in fact played live (using different velocities to trigger the sound changes or maybe the right foot was using a switch pedal.)

Hi Eric!

I'm afraid I'm ever so clumsy when it comes to posting links, and figuring out the most basic computer-related problems (anything beyond posting here or checking my email...).

But if you type "KKKK Festivalen" on YouTube, I think it's supposed to pop up... At least it does for me.

Sorry for my incompetence,

Marcus