Youtube clips

KingPin

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet. For anyone who likes Hitchcock, this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for that fantastic find Dole, I hadn't seen it before.

Outstanding! I've always said Star Trek was nothing more than soap opera is space and I'll be damed if that clip doesn't prove me right. The Dallas theme, in that context is easily as effective as Goldsmith's legendary theme.

Dare I say it....it's Michael Moore conducting John Williams and is even better than the Williams' recording. Gotta love those funky movements of his.

Dare I say it....it's Michael Moore conducting John Williams and is even better than the Williams' recording. Gotta love those funky movements of his.

Probably old news, but do I hear an early version of Superman's Earth/Family theme at 03:30?

Greetings!

I didn't know until today, but a spoof march that I wrote for an art "activist" group called "Pink Army" (no, they're not a militant gay lib fraction) is up on YouTube. Look for "The Pink Army March".

I wrote this a long time ago; one of the main "ideologists" behind the group was scenographer on an opera project of mine in 2005, and she commissioned me for a march.

Just for the record, they aren't even remotely fascist (although aesthetically, one can easily be deceived), but a completely benign, fun-loving group.

Anyway, I wrote a slightly comical "villain" march, or rather, a sort of tongue-in-cheek red army march (complete with a HUGE reference to the old Soviet national anthem). It was scored for mixed choir, alto saxophone (the player is Rolf-Erik Nystrom, one of the greatest contemporary classical sax players in the world today), cello, bass and two pianos.

I'm not that savvy as far as posting an actual link goes, but just type "The Pink Army March", and it should be there.

(Also, the lyrics aren't mine either, although in my score, they weren't misspelled!)

;)

I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but check this: John Williams 20/20 1983 Interview.

Cool stuff. Let's hope the guys will upload the rest of the special! I loved the shots of Williams' library, with all his scores resting on the shelves... ROTFLMAO

I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but check this: John Williams 20/20 1983 Interview.

Cool stuff. Let's hope the guys will upload the rest of the special! I loved the shots of Williams' library, with all his scores resting on the shelves... ROTFLMAO

That's a really great TV special, it's about 15 mins in total and also features some Abbey Rd scoring session footage of the rehearsing and performance of the opening of the Sail Barge Assault, with the LSO clearly enjoying themselves.

OMG!!! Thank you so much for this link. And thanks to the people who put this on youtube. Great stuff!

hi,

little gift for my favourite website community :P

i just uploaded that on my youtube page :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgN8Ck2AYQ

go and see that quickly, because i put the grammy word in the title (i maybe did a mistake here), that video can be removed anytime. 'ill repost it later without that "forbidden" word...

thanks for the comments.

hi,

little gift for my favourite website community :P

go and see that quickly, because i put the grammy word in the title (i maybe did a mistake here), that video can be removed anytime. 'ill repost it later without that "forbidden" word...

thanks for the comments.

Very nice...when is this from?

Cool stuff. Let's hope the guys will upload the rest of the special! I loved the shots of Williams' library, with all his scores resting on the shelves... ;)

That's a really great TV special, it's about 15 mins in total and also features some Abbey Rd scoring session footage of the rehearsing and performance of the opening of the Sail Barge Assault, with the LSO clearly enjoying themselves.

Here's the Part 2 of the 20/20 reportage. Cool! :)

Cool stuff. Let's hope the guys will upload the rest of the special! I loved the shots of Williams' library, with all his scores resting on the shelves... ;)

Here's the Part 2 of the 20/20 reportage. Cool! :)

That was a great show (I just saw both part one and two). I especially liked how he binds all his scores and keeps them in a bookshelf.

The version of the Parade of the Ewoks they're recording is the same as the one in the Skywalker Symphony cd. I never knew he actually played that version (the one with the extended intro), with the LSO.

Edit - My bad. I guess he wasn't recording with the LSo, but peforming with the Boston Pops.

hi,

little gift for my favourite website community ;)

thanks for the comments.

Very nice...when is this from?

i don't remember the year, sorry ...