Youtube clips

KingPin

I don't know if posting one's own videos in this thread is frowned upon, so forgive me if it is. But in the mean time, I hope you'll enjoy

=)

(Note that the Raiders March insert in the middle is inspired by a similar transition in the score to the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. It works a little better in that context than in my recording, I think, but it's better than stumbling through the brilliant but indecipherable chaos that accompanies the rest of the electrocuting/shriveling/melting/exploding scene.)

The Adventures of Tintin Theme - Ray Parker, Jim Morgan & Tom Szczesniak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7LpPcmsTQ&fmt=18

Longer than just the cartoon intro.

Nice little theme.

I wonder if Williams is going to quote it, write his own stuff in similar manner or write something completely different...

Nice piano arrangement of Accidental Tourist theme. There are more of this guy's clips.

Wow, John Williams is really losing weight!

I thought the same - a skinny JW without a beard.

JW's Escapades, but on clarinet!!!

1. Closing In (aka Catch Me If You Can): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqK2GjbvH0c...feature=related

2. Reflections (aka Recollections): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nM7eSiSfl8

3. Joy Ride (aka The Float): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW1zRFiP5b4...feature=related

Is this around already?

Williams playing piano accompanying singer Nancy Wilson

i don't think so.

i posted a similar clip with an other singer on youtube.

we must not forget that john williams is at first a f**** amazing jazz piano player and composer !!

Maybe you should. For me, TDK is only a decently serviceable score, but I appreciate the fact that many appear to adore it and I find pleasure in seeing someone speak passionately about what they like.

I feel precisely the same way about KotCS.

Oh wow, I am not used to seeing Richard Dreyfuss as anyone other than Roy right now....Anyways, that was quite humorous, Quint, and I also find some of the videos listed in the "related videos" to be rather amusing as well, pitch problems aside.

EDIT: Forgive me, I felt really compelled to post a link to this particular Jaws video

I'm posting my video for the horn tribute part I here, in case some missed it :rolleyes:

Sweet!

Very interesting to see you playing these arrangements as I've become quite familiar with the mp3s you posted.

Wow schoolband play Battle Music from Star Wars????

boys into battle

general grievous

elevator scene

anakins betrayal?

anakin vs. obi wan

what kind of arrangement is that???

however.. the interpretation is amazing!!!! ROTFLMAO:lol:

Well everybody has to begin somewhere and that wind orchestra had taken perhaps a wee bit challenging material for their programme with the most energetic music from Episode III. I almost did not recognize some of the stuff at first. Tempi and arrangement sure made the best possible effort to hinder me ROTFLMAO I can't say it was exactly embarrasing and I had to applaud to all those children who were doing their best at their current level of skills.

For a comparison though this fine performance of Also Sprach Zarathustra:

JW Shreds:

And of course this is how the Obama Inauguration might have sounded if the quartet had actually played in the cold weather with their precious instruments :lol: :

And of course this is how the Obama Inauguration might have sounded if the quartet had actually played in the cold weather with their precious instruments :lol: :

ROFL!!!!!! ROTFLMAO

the reaction shots of OBAMA!

Edit:

wait a second.. now I watched both! Hilarious!!

wait that one is even better than the one I picked above in my original post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsk2DWTcPY8

but seriously?? what bandleader decides to play such complicated (musically) pieces with 11/12 year olds???

they don't even understand a polyphonic piece like anakin's betrayal, why should they?

And of course this is how the Obama Inauguration might have sounded if the quartet had actually played in the cold weather with their precious instruments ;) :

:mellow::lol: :lol:

And of course this is how the Obama Inauguration might have sounded if the quartet had actually played in the cold weather with their precious instruments :D :

It sounds a hell of a lot better than the saccharine schmaltz that John Williams supplied for the day.

I have no idea how "common" this video is, but I just stumbled across it, and I love it.

The first part in a series that documents the scoring process of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.