Youtube clips

KingPin

2) To the young or non-initiated, have you ever watched and compared 80s/90s cartoons to '00 cartoons? Do you genuinely notice any quality difference between them?

SpongeBob was the last great cartoon IMO. Kids shows these days are just terrible. I miss the 90s classics.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say 40's, 50's and 60's cartoons blow away anything from the 80's & 90's.

However, given this new PC world we live in, they may be a bit offensive to some.

Batman TAS walks the edge between a children's cartoon and animated adult drama. It lacks the swear words and outright killing that a live-action drama would contain, yet its subject matter, violence, and characters are darker than what you typically see in a "cartoon." It's safe enough for some kids, but it's geared towards adults.

I'm a child of the 80s, so I look back fondly on such shows as Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Gummi Bears, and Duck Tales. But I agree that none of these hold a candle to the Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, and similar cartoons of their day.

I guess it's hard to really compare the different eras of cartoons. I don't watch much of the newer 00s stuff, but as a big fan of the 80s-early 90s stuff and also of the 60s-70s stuff, they're really just different animals altogether, at least IMHO. Different styles of humor, art appeal, story sensibilities etc.

From what I've seen of the newer stuff, it seems to be just a whole other level of wackiness -- or indeed anime starting with the popularization of Pokemon -- of which I'm not a fan.

What the fuck? Talk about taking music out of context...

Such a terrible video.

That other video I posted a little while ago though, with the dubbed voices on the end scene of Return Of The King, had some appropriate Zimmer music. It fit right in.

Life would be so much better if that were possible. Indiana Jones couldn't do half the nifty things he did in Raiders without the little leitmotifs to get him through the day. That's what we need.

and people complain about the ROTS end credits :lol:

God, i'm tonedeaf to play a complex instrument, but i think even i could play it better 0_0

Holy mother of God. :P Come on, guys, no way some band actually played that, it must be a joke. Somebody did it on computer or something like that. I simply refuse to believe that a band played it that way. :D

Why not? There are some really bad middle and high school bands out there, and parents and teachers alike who are so high on the self-esteem mentality that they're unable to tell the students they're not any good and need practice for fear of hurting the kids' feelings.

It could've been a recording of a practice, too, set to the video.

Funny because it mocks that absurd aspect of the 2nd and 3rd films where they show a small office of people taking instant and complete control of CCTVs across the world at the flip of a switch, to follow people around like that's possible. In reality, the resolution of cameras is supposed to be so bad in 80% of the cameras in London, that they are practically useless in identifying people. They act more as a psychological deterant than any value in identifying people.

Funny because it mocks that absurd aspect of the 2nd and 3rd films where they show a small office of people taking instant and complete control of CCTVs across the world at the flip of a switch, to follow people around like that's possible. In reality, the resolution of cameras is supposed to be so bad in 80% of the cameras in London, that they are practically useless in identifying people. They act more as a psychological deterant than any value in identifying people.

That's exactly what they want you to believe. ;)

"Yes it was exciting. But where was the heavy handed message about tolerance? " :joy:

Isn't too quick?? Everybody asking the same!!

"Woooooah Horsey" (yelled from the crowd)

You're thinking of the one that simply filtered Raiders in black and white with extra grain. This was just published.

Oops sorry, didn't watch the whole thing. There I go again, letting my work interfere with my internet posting.

You're thinking of the one that simply filtered Raiders in black and white with extra grain. This was just published.

Oops sorry, didn't watch the whole thing. There I go again, letting my work interfere with my internet posting.

And here I thought you knew what was important.