Youtube clips

KingPin

Thanks, that's probably the best new report on film scores I've ever seen. And I've seen three.

It's always nice to see a composer at his most creative.

Here's another good vid:

Lee - who continues to be amazed by the shit people have taped on vhs.

That was freakin' brilliant. I like how they begin the ad with the best part of the cue (the bridge). And the ending mix was friggin' quality too.

Proof indeed that JW is as much a pop culture icon as your Madonnas and your Snoop Dogs.

So more milking of the SW name huh? I'm telling you they have to get us expanded scores eventually, is there anything Lucasfilm will say not to?? (Actually I've read somewhere that they said no to SW beer).

The X-Wing pilot shoes are nice actually. And the add is well done.

So more milking of the SW name huh?

Strangely enough, the last thing I thought about during that advert was 'Star Wars'. The legacy of Williams was what resonated, with me.

Did you miss Darth Vader and the Death Star and all those TIE fighters?

It's a cool idea, and some of the sneakers are cool. But I'm uncomfortable with it all being shoved into the underground subculture Adidas makes most of its non-sports money from so blatantly and so overtly.

Well, honestly Williams legacy was hurted more by the chopping of his scores for the prequels (most notably TPM) or by the sudden drop of music during the Death Star battle in the Star Wars DVD than by a remix of the Imperial March.

Anyway what's the first thing to come to mind if you find yourself in the 'hood? That's right, Star Wars!

Anyway what's the first thing to come to mind if you find yourself in the 'hood? That's right, Star Wars!

You will never find a more wretched hive of...well, you know.

The Vader shoes look cool. I'd put my feet into them. However:

adidasduelbg.th.jpg

Grounds for a violent beating.

Anyone over the age of 10 should never be caught dumbstruck and without their lunch money in shoes like that. That's the problem with this clothing line. What's next, gangsta rap My Little Pony for the girls?

However, if you're in your 30s, stand 5 ft tall or less, and have small enough feet to still wear shoes with lights and/or wheels in the heels, then it's cool again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBthQ7lnld0&feature=PlayList&p=4FA08AAAB90A410E&index=0&playnext=1

This is a YOUTH orchestra! Absolutely amazing performance, it's great that music is thriving in countries like Venezuela and all...and a real shame how it's dying in America. I'm glad this conductor, Dudamel, has become music director for the LA Philharmonic. Maybe he can help change things like they did in Venezuela.

I love the nerd comments on that.

To all you anti-Trek nay sayers, Star Trek would obliterate any star wars ship. The sheer speed and maneuverability is already the key factor. Not only that, but the weapons are far more advanced. Does Star Wars use anti matter in their weaponry? I think not!

WTF is anti-matter and how do we know if a weapon has it??

Nothing is more dangerous online than a nerd who thinks he knows what he's talking about. Ok, computer viruses are dangerous, too.

A subatomic particle of anti-matter has the same mass as its corresponding piece of matter, but the opposite charge. It's complicated subatomic physics stuff. A proton and anti-proton have the same mass, while a proton is positively charged and the anti-proton is negatively charged. Similarly, an electron is (-) while the antielectron (positron) is (+). Star Trek uses antimatter to react with matter in a controlled explosion to power their warp drive (engines).

However, they also do use antimatter as weapons. A photon torpedo contains antimatter separated from matter, so that on impact, a serious explosion occurs.

What does this mean in a Star Trek vs. Star Wars battle? Nothing. I'm not going there anyways.

I thought it was silly enough that all the words of the title crawl slammed into Earth upside down, but the Star Wars logo appeared right side up.

Martyprod is gone :blink:

He put many great Williams videos on youtube. That account is locked know. It's a pity.

Do you think WMG or Sony had a problem with his account?

Martyprod is gone :)

He put many great Williams videos on youtube. That account is locked know. It's a pity.

Do you think WMG or Sony had a problem with his account?

I hope this is an indication that maybe an official Williams DVD is finally coming.

I've noticed more stuff being taken off youtube. In some cases it makes me wonder if something is coming.

I know someone at FSM had posted links to Georges Delerue's rejected score to Something Wicked... and his wife had contacted Lukas and had the thread remove all references and I'm not sure if youtube took the videos down.

I mentioned in the FSM thread that the videos containing the score to Leonard Rosenman's The Car were removed and that got me somewhat excited that maybe the score is in the works.