Youtube clips

KingPin

JW on scoring Angela's Ashes. You can see him playing the piano at the recording session near the beginning, although later somebody else is playing.

Greetings!

So I'm inching my way up the ladder of computer savvy-ness rung by rung, and thought I'd share a movement from my Sonata for Cello and Piano, phenomenally played by two fine Norwegian virtuosi:

I've uploaded the first, second and fourth movements so far, and will add the third and fifth shortly (followed by other select items from my catalogue, including a couple of film scores).

Hope you'll enjoy!

John Williams conducting Gershwin's Concerto in F with his good friend Andre Previn as soloist in the piano. I love their banter and sense of humor at the beginning.

Greetings!

So I'm inching my way up the ladder of computer savvy-ness rung by rung, and thought I'd share a movement from my Sonata for Cello and Piano, phenomenally played by two fine Norwegian virtuosi:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/3cLFEGBki9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've uploaded the first, second and fourth movements so far, and will add the third and fifth shortly (followed by other select items from my catalogue, including a couple of film scores).

Hope you'll enjoy!

Hey that is brilliant! I really enjoyed.

I don't know if this had been poseted before but all the same here's some great laughs to share with:

Anyone here familiar of P.D.Q. Bach? Hilarious composer "discovered" by Professor Peter Schickele (with John Williams conducing the Boston Pops)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard Elmer Bernstein in interviews before in contrast to Williams and Goldsmith so this is very refreshing. Also it's very interesting to hear his opinions of today's mode of compositions (which he disliked very much).

It's lovely to see ELMER BERNSTEIN conducting his very own scores, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, and THE GREAT ESCAPE.

It's lovely to see ELMER BERNSTEIN conducting his very own scores, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, and THE GREAT ESCAPE.

Thanks for posting that, chuckster, I was at that Proms concert (14th August 2001, if you're interested, with the BBC Concert Orchestra). There was some other good stuff in it not included on that video, such as A Place in the Sun and Taxi Driver. Elmer returned to the Royal Albert Hall the following year (I think) for his 80th birthday concert, which was great too.

Can anyone help me identify the name of the piece performed at the beginning of this video? Sounds like John Williams, it has all of his trademarks there but I'm not familiar with any of his classical non-film score works:

A cool vid of Slovenia (mostly the famous Lake Bled) made by a member of NY Phil when they visited us in October 2010.

Corn on the Cob!! Corn on the Kabob!!!

Once you hear it, you'll never unhear it...