Youtube clips

KingPin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that this was posted awhile back in a different thread, but it bears a repost. What an amazing performance of the Star Wars main title (and imperial march and leia's theme). for whatever reasons, it sounds more epic than even the LSO.

5:10 to the end is rushed pretty badly.

It is a tiny bit rushed, but the OT soundtracks tended to move through the coda quickly. For later recordings, Williams seems to draw it out much longer. I prefer the former. Either way, excellent performance overall and good recording, all things considered.

• 5 weeks later...

A wonderful performance by the John Wilson Orchestra of a suite from Erich Wolfgang Korngold's The Adventures of Robin Hood, from the recent Hollywood Rhapsody BBC Proms concert.

• 2 weeks later...

Short film (will up for 2 more days):

In a story that plays out entirely on a teenager's computer screen,

Noah follows its eponymous protagonist as his relationship takes a

rapid turn for the worse in this fascinating study of behaviour (and romance) in the digital age.

wow, i felt sad seeing this.. how we have come to this, communicating through a screen...

and omg,i didn'tknow about that chat roulette thing! That seemed scary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6eNuJdxAoQ

It's a little great masterpiece. It sums up brilliantly all the idiosyncrasies and obsessions of contemporary communication through social networks using a very effective visual language/style.

I think it makes a fine pair with this other video:

http://vimeo.com/70534716#at=0

Mentioned this series over in the "most inspiring" thread. Great score that has never seen an official release, with a great lineup of composers: Michael Kamen, Mark Mancina, Mark Isham, Mason Daring, James Newton Howard, Brad Fiedel, Jeff Beal, Marc Shaiman.

Also I can't get over how much better this recording is.

Michael Crawford's legendary turn as haphazard softie Frank Spencer is still absolutely hilarious in this, one of the great classic comedy episodes in British television:

http://youtu.be/qfP475qevf4

I defy anyone not to be in hysterics during the famous rollerskate finale :lol:

And Crawford used to do all his own stunts in this show!

Oh you've opened up a can of worms now Quint, as the theme is a favourite of mine.

Sweet and simple - just like the character. Interestingly, there is more to the theme too.

Once that gets into my head, I can be found whistling it on and off during the day.

More of Ronnie Hazlehurt's work :

You watched it? Do you know of Some Mothers Do 'Ave''Em?

Oh you've opened up a can of worms now Quint, as the theme is a favourite of mine.

Sweet and simple - just like the character. Interestingly, there is more to the theme too.

Once that gets into my head, I can be found whistling it on and off during the day.

More of Ronnie Hazlehurt's work :

Aye, the days of truly great tv themes, especially in sitcoms, seems like something from a former life. Nowadays they use pop songs.

Aye, the days of truly great tv themes, especially in sitcoms, seems like something from a former life. Nowadays they use pop songs.

Great days, great days.

Isn't it great, being English?

You are English in all but the nescessary documentation. I hereby declare you an honorary citizen.

(for your services in the promotion of English-ness worldwide)

and there was much rejoicing!

This whole documentary is fascinating, it's about when The Emperor's New Groove was going to be called Kingdom of the Sun and was going to be directed by Lion King director Roger Allers and was supposed to be quite epic in scale, more serious-oriented but had a lot of production problems. It's kinda similar to Gilliam's documentary of Lost in La Mancha. And this is one of the best parts...

Too bad they didn't keep this song in the movie. It's fantastic.

However, seeing the full documentary I'm kinda glad the whole movie wasn't made because it was a real mess. It had good intentions, but it didn't know what it wanted to be; but the documentary is an incredible fantastic insight into the makings of a modern Disney movie. The reunions with the executives are terrifying....

Wilder is such a wonderful actor. Always loved his movies growing up, and while it's nice to see him do some publicity, it's sad to see how old he's gotten. He doesn't look well. I had also always thought that his wife's death is what made him quit acting, which I think is the same situation with Rick Moranis.

Spot our good ol' Johnny Williams dancing on stage of the Academy Awards! (I think this the awards show where he won Star Wars)

Man but even if it's like only 10 seconds shown, Johnny has good dancing hips!

I like Josh Robert Thompson's impersonation

Link?

I love the one by Aries Spears, where he imagines Heat's big scene with Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

The ol' Mad TV impersonations were funny, but this one truly sounds indistinguishable from Arnold. If you put him on the phone I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.